Racial Profiling & Related Matters (Non-Lethal Version)

topaz

@Fiero425 - I finally think that black and brown people are finally waking up to the fact that things are not getting better, they will not get better. There are no safe spaces in the USA for black people. NONE.

It doesn't not make a difference if you are educated, nice, accommodating, understanding, polite, respectful. Your life can be altered and possible death will result with everyday living.

I am seriously researching emigrating from the US as some other AA are looking into doing too.

Last edited:

Fiero425

@Fiero425 - I finally think that black and brown people are finally waking up to the fact that things are not getting better, they will not get better. There are no safe spaces in the USA for black people. NONE.

I doesn't not make a difference if you are educated, nice, accommodating, understanding, polite, respectful. Your life can be altered and possible death will result with everyday living.

I am seriously researching emigrating from the US as some other AA are looking into doing too.
If I weren't a senior, I'd probably move myself! I had chances during reign of terror during the "W" years, but parents still alive and I couldn't leave! I saw it getting worse back then when conservatives weaponized "gay marriage" and used religious Black people and their own problems with gays to elect awful, bigoted people to Congress! We're all idiots to allow stuff like this to be perpetuated going into the future! :judge:

snoopy

It doesn't not make a difference if you are educated, nice, accommodating, understanding, polite, respectful. Your life can be altered and possible death will result with everyday living.

I don't want you to leave but I also understand why you want to. I think we are in a low grade war. People have actually declared such but I guess it is too horrifying for most people to accept.

I'm sorry.

Fiero425

Now I see on the news there are protests across America going on right now! Here we go again; a lot of outrage, a lot of posturing, but in the end nothing gets done! IMO there are so many layers to avoid this happening again and again, but it's society that fails us all! The cop could have taken responsibility and everything since would never have happened! We all know that will NEVER happen; esp. with the Police Unions who wouldn't want him to do that! His captain could fire him; didn't happen right away! The Police Commissioner could've stepped in; he dropped the ball waiting to see how things shook out! Then the Prosecutor was slow in pushing for an honest resolution to this drama! Video showing the world what happened to this poor man and it took days just to fire one cop! Wow; glaciers move faster! :judge:

skatingguy

Golden Team
Now I see on the news there are protests across America going on right now! Here we go again; a lot of outrage, a lot of posturing, but in the end nothing gets done! IMO there are so many layers to avoid this happening again and again, but it's society that fails us all! The cop could have taken responsibility and everything since would never have happened! We all know that will NEVER happen; esp. with the Police Unions who wouldn't want him to do that! His captain could fire him; didn't happen right away! The Police Commissioner could've stepped in; he dropped the ball waiting to see how things shook out! Then the Prosecutor was slow in pushing for an honest resolution to this drama! Video showing the world what happened to this poor man and it took days just to fire one cop! Wow; glaciers move faster! :judge:
All four officers were fired the day after the death of George Floyd.

PRlady

Apparently the cops, feeling the pressure from protesters outside, backed into the building to protect themselves. The protesters were after them, not CNN.

Fiero425

Apparently the cops, feeling the pressure from protesters outside, backed into the building to protect themselves. The protesters were after them, not CNN.
As I said, the cops have all the power either way! They choose to act like idiots supporting one of their own and it's cost them at least the 3rd Precinct building! ;-)

MacMadame

Staying at home
It looks like earlier in the day, a police officer was hurt when the protesters were on the 101 (and, yes, @allezfred, it really is called that) attacking cars. There was also a dumpster set on fire as the sun went down. Definitely more protesters are gathering there. About 2x as many as the last time they showed a good crowd shot.

In the meantime, there are protesters on the Bay Bridge, out of SF. I haven't seen any images of that. I think the local news stations aren't able to get cars there.

Oh, the Oakland horse is on TV. The horse is being ridden by a woman and has a Black Lives Matters sign on his rump.

There was a plea put out by downtown SJ businesses saying they support the protests but please don't vandalize their businesses.

Fiero425

It looks like earlier in the day, a police officer was hurt when the protesters were on the 101 (and, yes, @allezfred, it really is called that) attacking cars. There was also a dumpster set on fire as the sun went down. Definitely more protesters are gathering there. About 2x as many as the last time they showed a good crowd shot.

In the meantime, there are protesters on the Bay Bridge, out of SF. I haven't seen any images of that. I think the local news stations aren't able to get cars there.

Oh, the Oakland horse is on TV. The horse is being ridden by a woman and has a Black Lives Matters sign on his rump.

There was a plea put out by downtown SJ businesses saying they support the protests but please don't vandalize their businesses.
That's so scary! I used to live in condo behind the Bay Bridge just a couple blocks from the Embarcadero! ;-)

Last edited:

Choupette

Today he has done some interviews, making gracious comments and certainly extending her more understanding and consideration than she bothered to show him. He emphatically spoke out against the violence and questioned why anyone would suggest it. He stated he doesn't feel comfortable with her losing her job or dog and that is not what he believes will make real changes moving forward.

She was in a leadership position as a VP, so she backed her employer in a corner regarding her job. Any POC who work for her now have a fantastic case to use for the least little problem that shows her willingness to scheme against them. Maybe the company could have figured out a different resolution, but I also question whether someone who has her level of entitlement would be open to a demotion or other such action (non-supervisory lateral move, etc.) A lot of breed dog rescues have the adopter sign a contract agreeing to return the dog if there is any neglect, abuse or other such issues, so if overemoting to 911 is more important than not choking the dog then that outcome is also predictable.
The following is reported by the New York Post and the Daily Mail... I know, I know! :rolleyes: Let's keep some healthy skepticism, but considering what she displayed in the video, the claims made by an ex-colleague that she destroyed his life are at the very least plausible, and apparently they could confirm some elements in the story. It's just like what she did on the video, but played out over a few years. Christian Cooper may have indeed saved himself from his life being completely destroyed. If she hadn't known she had been recorded...

EXCLUSIVE: Former colleague of Amy Cooper reveals how she tried to 'ruin his life with bogus lawsuit and threatened his family when he said he didn't love her'

Priest said his attempts to oust Cooper from his life were made in vain. Just over a year later, on June 8, 2014, he would once again contact police, but this time in Long Island City, dialing 911 to accuse Cooper of attempting to break into his house.
[...]
But the ordeal wouldn't end there. Priest said he later received a call from Cooper, who, angered that he had called the cops on her, apparently told him she 'wasn't going to stop until she'd put him in the gutter'.
[...]
The following year, Cooper filed a lawsuit against Priest – which has since been dismissed – claiming that she had been involved in a romantic relationship with the Wall Street trader from 2008 to 2012, while he was still with his first wife.
[...]
'She put all that damaging and false information out there and then just disappeared - derailing my career, hurting my family and reputation,' Priest said.

'It's taken me years to rebuild my life after that,' he continued. 'I was unfairly maligned based upon the allegations that she made - the baseless allegations.

'And so from that point, you know, obviously people would refuse to employ me … because of the voracity of the allegations.'
Amy Cooper allegedly stalked ex-love interest, slammed him for Obama vote

MacMadame

Staying at home
I can't remember if I said it here or on Facebook, but the way she did that to Mr. Cooper, so expertly and with a smirk, I was sure she had done something like this before. I was thinking something like crying "rape" to get back at a man who didn't want her but in some ways what it seems like she did to Priest was even worse.

Choupette

I can't remember if I said it here or on Facebook, but the way she did that to Mr. Cooper, so expertly and with a smirk, I was sure she had done something like this before. I was thinking something like crying "rape" to get back at a man who didn't want her but in some ways what it seems like she did to Priest was even worse.
Yes, that video displayed a crazy level of toxicity and especially narcissism, just like your rape example. Rules are for others; her ego was bruised when he reminded her of the rule she didn't bother following; she wanted revenge by annihilating his life. The racism she displayed was just the tool she used, not the root of the dynamics of her behavior, however racist she may have been. She has a lot more issues than racism.

Fiero425

Wife of officer charged with murder of George Floyd announces she's divorcing him

- https://news.yahoo.com/wife-officer...-042245850.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=2_07 -

Kellie Chauvin, the wife of former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin, said she is filing for divorce after 10 years of marriage.

In a statement issued by her attorney, Kellie Chauvin said she is devastated by the killing of 46-year-old George Floyd, who died earlier this week while in police custody.

Kellie Chauvin's attorney said she filed for divorce as a result of this week's incident.

topaz

Today marks the 99th anniversary of the Greenwood Massacre.

On May 31st, 1921 an angry white mob (and the national guard) destroyed the wealthiest self sufficient black community in the US.

They destroyed 30+ blocks of homes, business and property and injured or killed 800+ men, woman and children.
They had guns, explosives and planes.

Spikefan

On May 31st, 1921 an angry white mob (and the national guard) destroyed the wealthiest self sufficient black community in the US.

They destroyed 30+ blocks of homes, business and property and injured or killed 800+ men, woman and children.

I didn’t even know this happened until I saw Watchmen on HBO and then Googled to see if real. There really should be required teaching in schools on our true history, not the whitewashed version.

gkelly

:(

Unfortunately, far from nonlethal.

alexikeguchi

I didn’t even know this happened until I saw Watchmen on HBO and then Googled to see if real. There really should be required teaching in schools on our true history, not the whitewashed version.
To my Trump-voting state's credit, this event is actually covered in the required Oklahoma history course in high school. The Burning was my children's required summer reading.

demetriosj

They choose to act like idiots supporting one of their own and it's cost them at least the 3rd Precinct building! ;-)
This is BS. I haven't seen any cops defending Chauvin's actions.

and do you think it's a good thing that the mob burned down the 3rd Precinct building?!

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
It reminded me of a a 5 year old trying to get their sibling in trouble. "Mom, he's hitting me!" Said while the 'he' in question is on the other side of the room not hitting you...smh.

snoopy

I think this is true, I haven't seen anyone defending Chauvin. Maybe there are some out there but the usual suspects aren't doing it. I think we should recognize this.

Choupette

It reminded me of a a 5 year old trying to get their sibling in trouble. "Mom, he's hitting me!" Said while the 'he' in question is on the other side of the room not hitting you...smh.
:lol: I've read a book on manipulative/narcissistic people that encouraged the reader to picture them as either a little child wearing adult clothes way too huge for them, or as the adult they were while wearing children's clothes. Numerous caricatures depict Trump just like that.

I think it's important to recognize those people. Some like Chauvin can physically hurt people themselves, but most if not all will also do it through enablers or unsuspicious third parties, like Cooper did. And that unsuspicious party could potentially be any of us, myself included. It's different from someone just making a mistake.

Fiero425

and do you think it's a good thing that the mob burned down the 3rd Precinct building?!
For a change the cops aren't defending their own to the hilt, but I'm not one to be surprised people lost their $#!t when this a-hole wasn't arrested right away! The PC and DA were slow to act which is typical of cop shootings, but this was on camera again with an irresponsible president that was destined to fuel the fire! It's not as much I condone violence or arson, but I absolutely yawn now if ANYONE is naïve enough to be surprised at the reaction to yet again another Black man murdered by a cop! If you don't like my outrage, TOUGH! :confused:

Last edited:

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
There were ~50-70 cops surrounding his house, physically defending him. I've heard of a few incidents of people, some LE some not, defending his actions or mocking George Floyd.

demetriosj

For a change the cops aren't defending their own to the hilt, but I'm not one to be surprised people lost their $#!t when this a-hole wasn't arrested right away! The PC and DA were slow to act which is typical of cop shootings, but this was on camera again with an irresponsible president that was destined to fuel the fire! It's not as much I condone violence or arson, but I absolutely yawn now if ANYONE if naïve enough to be surprised at the reaction to yet again another Black man murdered by a cop! If you don't like my outrage, TOUGH! :confused:
OK......

MacMadame

Staying at home
I think this is true, I haven't seen anyone defending Chauvin.
I've seen one. I can't remember his name but he posted on Twitter and is a well-know white supremists as well as a Police Chief.

But the majority of cops are horrified by what he did and that's progress, I guess.

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
Time for a rant from an equal opportunity Asian hater:
"This is not just for you. Get the (expletive) out of this state. Go back to whatever Asian country you belong in."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information