Question re US political fundraising

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
So I received a election donation solicitation via email from a candidate in South Carolina :confused: I have no idea how they got my email, and apparently the .ca in my address wasn't enough to exclude me from their mailing list.
I am sure the Federal Election Commission in the US has a lot on their plate right now (coughTrumpexpensescough), but is this the sort of thing that should be reported to them?

sk9tingfan

You have nothing to lose since soliciting/accepting foreign contributions is illegal. Was it a Republican candidate?

BTW Lauren Bobert has to return contributions over the legal limit (>$2900 per contributor).

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I am sure the Federal Election Commission in the US has a lot on their plate right now (coughTrumpexpensescough), but is this the sort of thing that should be reported to them?
No. It's just some mailing list they bought and didn't clean up properly. It's not against the law to send you an email. It's against the law for you to send them a donation.

once_upon

Vaccinated
I bet Jeff Fortenberry now knows what is and is not considered foreign election donations. Hopefully he will get more than a slap on the wrist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information