Question about the Crud and Fibromyalgia

Cachoo

My aunt has lupus is very careful regarding her daily activities and exposure to the crud as it is murder on anyone with immunity problems. Do you know if people with fibromyalgia face the same dangers?

once_upon

Vaccinated
From my quick search/reading, there is some thought/ongoing research that fibro is associated with the long list of long haul c0vid.

Much like any chronic illness where steroids are part of the treatment plan, puts you at higher risk. Also like any chronic disease that interferes with things like adequate sleep, etc your immune system is not as robust which can put you at higher risk.

sk8nlizard

My aunt has lupus is very careful regarding her daily activities and exposure to the crud as it is murder on anyone with immunity problems. Do you know if people with fibromyalgia face the same dangers?
I have lupus and am vaxxed and got it from my son who brought it home from school. I was sick, but less than the flu, more like a bad upper respiratory infection. However, I am not on steroids, “just” plaquenil. I was most worried about it sending me into a flair, with lots of pain, but I was fine after a few days. I think a lot depends on what meds you are taking and luck of the draw. Just as it affects so called “healthy” people in different ways, I’m sure it’s the same with people with autoimmune disorders (even though we are higher risk).

Sparks

From my quick search/reading, there is some thought/ongoing research that fibro is associated with the long list of long haul c0vid.

Much like any chronic illness where steroids are part of the treatment plan, puts you at higher risk. Also like any chronic disease that interferes with things like adequate sleep, etc your immune system is not as robust which can put you at higher risk.
I have fibro and from my research, this is true. I'm not on steroids, but my immune system is crap. I'm extremely careful with crud protocols

Cachoo

Thanks for the quick response...I do not have immune problems but worry for the people in my life who do...

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
Thanks for the quick response...I do not have immune problems but worry for the people in my life who do...

This is how I have approached it - I've been lucky with a decent immune system regarding colds/flu/hopefully the Crud. But I worry about being a carrier. At no point did I consider it would affect my fibromyalgia, so I appreciate the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information