Programs Choreographed by Tatiana Tarasova

EpsomCarre

Hello!

I am a long time skating fan, with my favorite program being the Grishuk & Platov Free Dance, Memorial. I believe this was the only program Tarasova choreographed for them.

I was curious to know what other programs Tarasova has choreographed for other skaters in other disciplines. I have seen names connected to her, but few specific programs, and Google and YouTube have not been much more helpful with the specifics I am looking for. I am quite surprised there is not a database for this by now.

What other programs has Tatiana Tarasova choreographed over the years?

Thank You!

gkelly

Didn't Tarasova also do Grishuk & Platov's 1997 free dance?

And Ina & Dungjen's 1998 freeskate on a similar theme (I think she also did their SP that year)

I believe she did all of Kulik's competitive programs for the 1996 through 1998 seasons, and Yagudin's for 1999-, but she started working with Nikolai Morozov around then and it's not clear to me how much Tarasova contributed to his programs and how much was Morozov

Triple loop

How could we forget Mao Asada’s 2014 Olympic Long program with her 8 triples, spins, and brilliant step sequence? Tatiana did other programs for her. Also, I loved Mao’s 2008 Worlds short program to Fantasy theme. Tarasova is a genius.

EpsomCarre

Didn't Tarasova also do Grishuk & Platov's 1997 free dance?

I was under the impression Natalia Linichuk put the program together for them prior to leaving her for Tarasova. I suppose Tarasova re-did some of it though.

And this is also unconfirmed but that is what I was always told about the G&P TFB FD.

BittyBug

Disgusted
In some ways peak Johnny Weir was during his Tarasova era (although the choreo is jointly credited with Evgeny Platov and in some cases others as well).

The Swan:

Rondo:

Otonal:

Valse Triste:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
ETA:

Klimova & Ponomarenko’s pro routine skated to Tchaikovsky’s 5th symphony was a masterpiece.

Taso

You are right. Tarasova was the coach but I remember now that Shanti was the choreographer. I will edit my post.

She also did their Lawrence of Arabia FD.

I'm kinda loving this thread, I've been thinking of Tarasova a lot lately and I hope she is well

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
TAT choreographed for Gordeeva Grinkov but I don’t know which programs. Wikipedia says 1990-1992. So I am guessing ‘West side story’, The Nutcracker, etc. May be Porgy and Bess? Those were wonderful programs.

She also choreographed for Rodnina & Zaitsev.

Tarasova was a good pairs skater herself but injuries ended her career as a skater. As a coach she is legendary, like her father (Hockey).

Last edited:

Amy L

Porgy and Bess was a later pro program, so that one was probably Zueva.

The Tarasova G&G programs I remember off the top of my head:

(not sure about West Side Story or Nutcracker, so I left them off)

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Porgy and Bess was a later pro program, so that one was probably Zueva.

The Tarasova G&G programs I remember off the top of my head:

(not sure about West Side Story or Nutcracker, so I left them off)

From Gordeeva’s book, TAT choreographed West side story and I Pagliacci. The Nutcracker was choreographed by Toller Cranston. That surprised me because it is such a traditional program, skated to traditional music! In 1991 Sarah Kawahara choreographed a program for them but she does not mention which one.

ETA- TAT coached and choreographed for Bestemianova & Bukin, 1988 Olympic champions.

Last edited:

antmanb

From Girdeeva’s book, TAT choreographed West side story and I Pagliacci. The Nutcracker was choreographed by Toller Cranston. That surprised me because it us such a traditional program, skated to traditional music! In 1991 Sara Kawabata choreographed a program for them but she does not mention which one.

I think you might mean Sarah Kawahara?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information