Problem with Edge Browser

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
I had to sign in using Internet Explorer 11 to get here. I'm not sure what's happened because I was here earlier while using the Edge browser. I always sign out whenever I leave FSU. The problem occurred when I came back to FSU. I saw the message board for a split second, and then FSU disappeared. In other words, the screen went blank.

I tried refreshing, and it still remained blank. I decided to try IE 11, and everything is okay with it. I thought if I stayed signed in, and just exited out of IE 11 that I might be able to see the message board using Edge Browser again. That didn't work. I saw the message board for like a couple of seconds and then it went blank again. It also showed that I wasn't signed in. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the ads and that's causing the screen to go blank. The only thing is that the ads aren't causing the same problem with IE 11.

I can start using IE 11 again if I need to, but I have a couple of glitches with IE 11. If I click on any of the 'likes' at the top where they're listed, I then get stuck in the thread on the post that has the 'likes'. I can't scroll up or down. So I have to click on Home to get out of the thread. I guess I can live with that small glitch because at least I can see the message board and post using IE 11.

I was just wondering if anyone else is having the problem using the Edge browser.

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
If it helps seems to be stuck with samesite undefined instead of samesite=none

Simone411

I was finally able to sign back in using the Edge Browser. I thought at first the screen was going to go blank again because of the ads, but it didn't.

It worked this time. So maybe the problem or issue has been solved. At least I believe it's solved, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for now. :lol:

With what @TAHbKA mentioned, maybe it did have something to do with samesite undefined.

At any rate, thanks @SHARPIE and @Server Guy.

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
We believe this is now fixed, please let us know if there are any more issues. It was also affecting me on both Safari and Chrome and seems fine now.

Simone411

Thanks, @SHARPIE. Good to know because I was thinking about downloading Chrome and trying it out. It's appreciated.

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
All is good on Chrome, and on my windows 10 laptop with either IE 11, Edge, or Chrome.

However, my dinosaur desktop with Windows 7 & IE behaves really weird. My avatar covers about 1/3 the screen over the top of the threads. And the header image is HUGE. Chrome is very slow, but the site runs all right with it.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
IE does NOT work. The underlying code does not recognize current web coding standards. Also, it’s scary insecure and downright dangerous to use for shopping or banking.

Lizziebeth

Thanks, @SHARPIE. Good to know because I was thinking about downloading Chrome and trying it out. It's appreciated.
Chrome works good for me. Also, Chrome has a very fine ad blocker called adblock plus. I would install that after you install Chrome. It is easy to disable when you need to, such as on NBC Gold.

Simone411

Chrome works good for me. Also, Chrome has a very fine ad blocker called adblock plus. I would install that after you install Chrome. It is easy to disable when you need to, such as on NBC Gold.

I was going to try Chrome, but Edge browser is working great now. The ads don't cause a problem now when I come to FSU, and I go ahead and sign in. Also, I don't have to disable the ad blocker in Edge when I go to NBC Sports Gold. I just sign in and that's it.

@DORISPULASKI, I started having a problem with IE 11 when all the new changes first occurred here at FSU. If I click on any of the 'likes' I've received in the notification area at the top right corner, I'll get stuck after it redirects me to the post I made with the 'like'. I also get stuck if I click to the right of a thread to take the short cut to read a new post. I get stuck and can't scroll up or down. However, if I just go into a thread to read by the page number, everything is okay and I don't get stuck. It may have something to do with Windows 10.

Now I'm used to Edge, and go to most of the websites I visit using it. The only time I use IE 11 is when I go to the host provider of my website and work on it. It easier to work with IE 11 because there are some Flash items that won't show up in Edge. If I go directly to my site using Edge, and there is a Flash Item on the page, I have to click on that item to allow Flash to be enabled. When I go to Facebook using Edge, I have to allow Flash on some of the games I play.

It's a security feature that's in Edge now, and you have to select "Allow Flash" just to play the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information