Practice reports

cgirl8

Ratings
I figured as much. I remember it from Helsinki. Must have missed this announcement so I'm surprised.
She's never announced this switch. It's her 4th FS of the season, so the others must not have been working if she went back to last year's program.

Aerobicidal

Ready for a Little Chat
Ratings
Karen Chen announces she has a new program to Slow Dancing in the Big City (a movie title that sounds like something that needs to be featured on MST3K, in my opinion).
FSU: This will be wonderful!
Reality: One problematic performance.

Mirai Nagasu includes 3A in programs.
FSU: She will win every competition of the season.
Reality: Um . . .

Medvedeva exists.
FSU: She is guaranteed the OGM.
Reality: Probably/we'll see

DobrinFan

Ratings
Uh-Oh. This doesn't bode well for Karen. Sounds like fixing the sink when it is the refrigerator is broken.
Anyone want to take a guess about what is really up with her?
Nope. Jumps still look a hot mess (i.e. under). But just my observation. It's only day one.

Ratings
She's never announced this switch. It's her 4th FS of the season, so the others must not have been working if she went back to last year's program.
There was Carmen, Slow Dancing in the Big City, and what else?

I actually really liked her Carmen and thought it showed her in a new light. Oh well.

clairecloutier

Ratings
Karen ...eek!!

Well, at least we know last season's programs worked for her ... I just don't understand, though. I liked both Tango de Roxanne and Carmen. Probably liked Roxanne more, but I did like both.

FSfan107

Ratings
There was Carmen, Slow Dancing in the Big City, and what else?

I actually really liked her Carmen and thought it showed her in a new light. Oh well.
I liked her Carmen too. I thought she was showing fire in it, at least at the SLC International.

Happy to hear Bradie is looking good in practice. I'm excited for her GP debut.

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
Ratings
Karen Chen announces she has a new program to Slow Dancing in the Big City (a movie title that sounds like something that needs to be featured on MST3K, in my opinion).
FSU: This will be wonderful!
Reality: One problematic performance.

Medvedeva exists.
FSU: She is guaranteed the OGM.
Reality: Probably/we'll see
Whoever said the second one?

bardtoob

Clichy Competitive Audition Protocol Auditor
Ratings
:rofl: . . . I am pretty optimistic about Mirai doing well for herself, but, seriously, both GP events this season were against Medvedeva :lol:

I still hope to see Mirai have the skate of her life with her current jump layout, which is harder than the content Harding and Ito did, with full emotional commitment to her choreography. That is the only way I could see Mirai beating Medvedeva.

Mirai and Medvedeva are actually very similar in that they were wunderkinds. I am glad Medvedeva has been able to fulfill her potential (I hope she heals!), and I really want Mirai to fulfill her potential too! I find it so inspiring to see people do well :)

. . . I want an Olympics of clean skates :biggrinbo

Last edited:

Tony Wheeler

Ratings
I still hope to see Mirai have the skate of her life with her current jump layout, which is harder than the content Harding and Ito did, with full emotional commitment to her choreography. That is the only way I could see Mirai beating Medvedeva.
You think Mirai is going to jump up to the 9.00 (or higher— probably more like 9.50) level in PCS suddenly? Without having looked at any numbers, I’m pretty sure that any TES advantage she may have in trying the 3A is probably balanced out in the jump layouts of Medvedeva and Zagitova. I’m also not sure that she’s going to earn more than +1 for the element even when she nails it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)