Practice Reports 2019 Skate America

peibeck

Simply looking
@Frau Muller If it's any solace at least two American ice dance teams are using Too Darn Hot from Kiss Me Kate. (Chock/Bates is the other team, who are not at SKAM). I definitely expected more choices from vintage B'way or Hollywood musicals.

Wyliefan

Trying to appease the skategods
I'd hoped for more classic musicals as well. But all is not QUITE lost. We do have Hello Dolly, Mack & Mabel, West Side Story, Singin' in the Rain, and a few others.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
The Gribbles fw looks really cool on this camera angle 2 states over

Frau Muller

Everything is beautiful at the ballet!
I'd hoped for more classic musicals as well. But all is not QUITE lost. We do have Hello Dolly, Mack & Mabel, West Side Story, Singin' in the Rain, and a few others.
Good. I’m still holding out for a “Steam Heat” from The Pajama Game! “Too Darn Hot” isn’t hot enough.

Frau Muller

Everything is beautiful at the ballet!
Steam Heat and Too Darn Hot were used several times in my daughter’s ice shows.
Now I can’t shake the “Steam Heat” out of my head. ROTFL! Which reminds me...how about a couple doing South Pacific...”I’m gonna wash that man right outa my hair”...a jaunty tune, perfect for a Finnstep. We could come up with creative costumes, wet-look hair, etc. 😝

Carolla5501

Your mileage may vary, but I think their music is awful. And apparently the NY critics and audiences did too... which is why the show closed in a hot minute. 🤷‍♂️

If they skate to a warhorse people whine. If they skate to a basil lay unknown musical people whine

Poor skaters.

thvudragon

Usova's Apprentice
Are these AM practices public? I’m running errands, so I didn’t bother checking if they were.

thvudragon

Usova's Apprentice
The camera guys are exclusively watching Shcherbakova.

Edit: Seriously, they aren’t tracking anyone else.

Last edited:

Yazmeen

Shake it then, shake it now, shake it forever
@Frau Muller If it's any solace at least two American ice dance teams are using Too Darn Hot from Kiss Me Kate. (Chock/Bates is the other team, who are not at SKAM). I definitely expected more choices from vintage B'way or Hollywood musicals.
Having seen the revival of KMK with Kelli O’Hara this summer, the “Too Darn Hot” number brought down the house - sustained standing O for almost 2 minutes. Cast had to stay “passed out” during the whole ovation. I can certainly understand the potential for it on ice, especially with Chock/Bates.

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap
Or that are popular hits that the snobs don’t like, eg Pippin, one of my favorite musicals.
To be fair, Pippin is wildly popular at this point. As a snob, it is one of my favorites. I wish someone were doing Pippin. But I also wish someone were doing Hadestown!

I was hoping for almost no classic musical suggests. There are still too many renditions of "Too Darn Hot". But then I can imagine few things worse than being forced to ever sit through a production of Kiss Me Kate again. Maybe being forced to sit through Cats again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information