Politics of Why We Are All at Home Right Now

DELTA

That isn't what it says. What it says is:

In other words, unvaccinated people who get and recover from the disease should get vaccinated because they will be better protected against reinfection.

Don't you read?

What's the point if you already have natural immunity?

canbelto

Can someone puh-leese explain to me what the right wing obsession with ivermectin is? People are stocking up on veterinary ivermectin and WHY? How did this become a thing?

KCC

I can't explain the infatuation with invermectin, but it is certainly popular here in Idaho. One local hospital says they are seeing 1-3 cases/day of alternative treatments for *****. It doesn't help that we have a candidate for the local health board that is a total quack. https://tinyurl.com/kp7awp5c

"Burgess said it's disheartening to see people use medicine meant for animals instead of safe, proven methods, like the *********-19 vaccine. She added that ivermectin can have the biggest effects on the liver. "You can always have allergic reactions and other effects on your blood and different side effects from any medicine, including ivermectin," she said.

Burgess described a patient that she treated a couple of months ago. The man came into the clinic saying he wasn't feeling well. It was soon found that the enzyme levels in his liver were three times what they should be. Then it was revealed that he was taking a dog worming medicine for the ivermectin. It took about a month for his enzyme level to return to normal.

One of the side effects of ivermectin is loss of bowel control, which led another patient back into the hospital after they took it to treat *********-19."

What is it that makes people so gullible?

DELTA

I can't explain the infatuation with invermectin, but it is certainly popular here in Idaho. One local hospital says they are seeing 1-3 cases/day of alternative treatments for *****. It doesn't help that we have a candidate for the local health board that is a total quack. https://tinyurl.com/kp7awp5c

"Burgess said it's disheartening to see people use medicine meant for animals instead of safe, proven methods, like the *********-19 vaccine. She added that ivermectin can have the biggest effects on the liver. "You can always have allergic reactions and other effects on your blood and different side effects from any medicine, including ivermectin," she said.

Burgess described a patient that she treated a couple of months ago. The man came into the clinic saying he wasn't feeling well. It was soon found that the enzyme levels in his liver were three times what they should be. Then it was revealed that he was taking a dog worming medicine for the ivermectin. It took about a month for his enzyme level to return to normal.

One of the side effects of ivermectin is loss of bowel control, which led another patient back into the hospital after they took it to treat *********-19."

What is it that makes people so gullible?

So is Tylenol.

alexikeguchi

The ivermectin hype has been making it around oncology social media for at least a couple years now. I have had a handful of patients with bumps in liver and pancreatic enzymes that prevented safe treatment with actual cancer therapies, fortunately all reversible.

I'm just back from a PNW swing between Bellingham and Vancouver (BC, not WA), and after I mentioned being a physician to my Lyft driver while making small talk, she asked if I was excited to prescribe great drugs like ivermectin to my patients to prevent *********. I explained that since we don't see ********* patients in our outpatient facility, I only come across them in the hospital after ivermectin didn't work. Crickets...

Sparks

According to studies:
After testing positive for *********-19, most people then have detectable antibodies. But experts say the protection they get after having the ***** is still less than when people get vaccinated.

A previous infection offers about 80% protection from the ********, while those who received both doses of the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines have about 95% protection against the v!ruses

DELTA

According to studies:
After testing positive for *********-19, most people then have detectable antibodies. But experts say the protection they get after having the ***** is still less than when people get vaccinated.

A previous infection offers about 80% protection from the ********, while those who received both doses of the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines have about 95% protection against the v!ruses

https://www.bloombergquint.com/onwe...are-less-effective-against-delta-in-u-k-study

*********-19 vaccines are less effective against the delta variant, according to results in the U.K. from one of the largest real-world studies into the efficacy of the shots. Pfizer Inc. and BioNTech SE’s messenger RNA vaccine lost effectiveness in the first 90 days after full vaccination, though that shot and the one made by AstraZeneca Plc still staved off a majority of ********* infections. When vac

Read more at: https://www.bloombergquint.com/onwe...are-less-effective-against-delta-in-u-k-study
Copyright © BloombergQuint

DELTA

take a look at this study

pfizer only 42% effective against delta variant

Reuven

Official FSU Alte Kacher
Regeneron isn't bad. It's that Governors are advocating for Regeneron which costs thousands of dollars and you take once you're sick instead of the vaccine which is not ony a preventitive measure but also free.
You know why DeathSantis is pushing Regeneron? Because a major Republican donor has investments with the company that makes it.

allezfred

Lipinski Stole My Catchphrase
Staff member

You still on Putin’s payroll?

Vagabond

I watched an online town hall presented by the University of Pennsylvania today. One of the faculty members made the observation that every state has vaccination mandates for children (against disease such as mumps, but not against you-know-what). He also said that although Mississippi has one of the lowest rates of any state of vaccinations against you-know-what, it has the highest rate in the nation for mandated childhood vaccinations because it is one of only two states in the nation that do not allow an exemption to the mandate on religious or philosophical grounds.

Food for thought.

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races

If you are in rural America, you can get ivermectin in horse dewormer or cow dewormer at any feed store. Unfortunately, since cows and horses are massively bigger than people, dosages are all wrong.

But fools will be fools. And some are taking horse size doses... And getting horse size problems, depending on how massive a dose they take.

If you want to take horse dewormer, at least let your doctor advise you as to the correct dose.

What is odd Is why right wing media is pushing this stuff.

Dewormers give you diarrhea, as anyone who has had a pet dewormed knows.

Guess Hannity and Tucker think their listeners are full of shite? ;)

skategal

Bunny mama

If you are in rural America, you can get ivermectin in horse dewormer or cow dewormer at any feed store. Unfortunately, since cows and horses are massively bigger than people, dosages are all wrong.

But fools will be fools. And some are taking horse size doses... And getting horse size problems, depending on how massive a dose they take.

If you want to take horse dewormer, at least let your doctor advise you as to the correct dose.

What is odd Is why right wing media is pushing this stuff.

Dewormers give you diarrhea, as anyone who has had a pet dewormed knows.

Guess Hannity and Tucker think their listeners are full of shite? ;)
:lol:

I hear the side effects are really shitty. :saint:

Prancer

Professional Spuddler
Staff member
Okay.

Our observational study highlights that while both mRNA *********-19 vaccines strongly protect against infection and severe disease, further evaluation of mechanisms underlying differences in their effectiveness such as dosing regimens and vaccine composition are warranted.

Vaccines are good and effective; it's possible they could be made better.

What is your point?

DELTA

Okay.

Our observational study highlights that while both mRNA *********-19 vaccines strongly protect against infection and severe disease, further evaluation of mechanisms underlying differences in their effectiveness such as dosing regimens and vaccine composition are warranted.

Vaccines are good and effective; it's possible they could be made better.

What is your point?

My point is somebody claimed it was 95% effective. This is no longer the case.
However, in July, the effectiveness against infection was considerably lower for mRNA-1273 (76%, 95% CI: 58-87%) with an even more pronounced reduction in effectiveness for BNT162b2 (42%, 95% CI: 13-62%).

Prancer

Professional Spuddler
Staff member
My point is somebody claimed it was 95% effective. This is no longer the case.
It's helpful to post quotes when you respond to things someone says, so the connection is clear.

It's also a good idea to cite studies after peer review, particularly observational studies, so that the strengths and weaknesses of the study have been assessed. This study might be significant. Or it might not be.

In any case, how much immunity would people have without vaccines?

olympic

Your own article quoted is not peer-reviewed. It says so at the top of the article.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
I have been very lucky in my little bubble here in Tasmania Australia where we have no cases and life is pretty normal. I haven't personally known anyone who has had *********.

However someone who I know on FB passed away from *********. I did a camping trip in Alaska with him and his wife 5 years ago. Lovely couple from Texas. Only found out because there were condolence posts appearing on my FB page. At first I thought it was him talking about his father but it was his son talking about him. Someone had posted he was in ICU along with another person they knew.

Very sad for him and his family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information