Politics of Why We Are All at Home Right Now

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
I was thinking about this very thing this AM. I am angry. At every step of the way, a certain contingent has made things worse for everyone. And nothing the people taking this seriously do can compensate.
And now we're getting this bs that we should call it the "Trump vaccine" so that the people who have been conned into politicizing everything by Fox and other far right media will be willing to get it.

How about we hold accountable the people who politicized the vaccine in the first place?

You can be damn sure that if they can change the narrative to it being the Trumpists who brought you the vaccine and the recovery and that the Democrats created the ********* by giving support and funding to Communist China, they will have no problem doing that. I can imagine them even convincing the people in their thrall that it was liberals that were against masks and vaccines and caused all the problem.

When does this shit stop?

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races

YKW drops sperm count and causes erectile dysfunction :eek:

Because another study involved “an analysis of penile tissue” from two men who needed “penile implants” after *********-19 led to severe erectile dysfunction. The suspected cause here is the same thing that is thought to be behind much of the damage *********-19 can do to the heart, brain, and other organs—blood clots. Those clots lead to decreased blood flow. Decreased blood flow leads to frustration and embarrassment.

Being anti vaxx should look a bit less attractive to men, do you think ?

Dobre

And now we're getting this bs that we should call it the "Trump vaccine" so that the people who have been conned into politicizing everything by Fox and other far right media will be willing to get it.
:p

I'm also hating these attempts to blame responsible leaders. Claims that doctors and governors who are reponsibly advocating for vaccines are to blame for Republicans refusing to listen to those responsible leaders. No. The anti-vaccine advocates and/or the cowardly leaders failing to stand up responsibly for public health messaging are to blame for their own followers refusal to listen to wisdom.

There should be no divergence in health messaging. Leaders on all sides of the aisle should be supportive of people taking steps to keep themselves, their families, and their communities healthy.

skateboy

I doubt that most of those tough talking sh!t kickers can get it up anyway.

Probably why they're so angry all the time.

skatingguy

Golden Team

No real men get deadly diseases & become a burden to their family and community.

ballettmaus

This has been known for a while but hasn't bothered them yet. Although, to be fair, it's also kept fairly quiet, for whatever reason. But as skatingguy said, they probably think that "real men" don't get it.

sk9tingfan

KCC

People are getting vaccinated in private in order not to be attacked or ostracized. This is really sick.

Sounds like they are copying Trump's playbook. Get the vaccine, but not tell anyone.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I couldn't figure out where to put this. It's about how CV will impact housing but it's more than that. Including some good history on the US suburb and an analysis of suburban living vs. city living.

https://www.theatlantic.com/technol...Q0GB-OEmPTeq6xL1InPbiWfX2bhauVldLPD7SWRo9DBRc

I grew up in one of the first US suburbs and I do remember how no one had fences and how we kids would roam the neighborhoods as if it was all one big backyard. The houses were smaller and the yards bigger, too.

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
Texas is a mess. Abbott is begging for doctors and health workers from out of state, and he won't even wear a freaking mask and opposes all school mandates. My friends with unvaccinated kids are scared out of their minds about sending them back to school. And schools aren't even giving the option of virtual learning anymore. Abbott is throwing these kids to the wolves and if they get sick or die, well, tots and pears? I also saw that TX is requesting mortuary trailers anticipating the spike in deaths. I think we should call them "Freedom" Trailers. It's unbelievable. A twilight zone. Is there any way to stop this insanity? Seriously, my parent friends have no idea what to do. It's also not easy to find a private tutor anymore. They are stuck. It's awful.

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
Well this could be a promising way of bypassing GovAbbott's mask mandate ban: Change the DRESS CODE. Hey, whatever works.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist nutjob. But apparently the governors who oppose mask mandates have investments in Regeneron. The stock has skyrocketed on this. Do you think maybe they want everybody to get sick?

DELTA

I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist nutjob. But apparently the governors who oppose mask mandates have investments in Regeneron. The stock has skyrocketed on this. Do you think maybe they want everybody to get sick?

What is so bad about Regeneron? It's about time we had supplemental treatment of *********.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
What is so bad about Regeneron? It's about time we had supplemental treatment of *********.
Did I actually make a comment about the product? Please advise where I personally said anything about the efficacy of it or otherwise. I actually have no opinion or otherwise about it.

I was commenting that it is suspicious that governors or their supporters invest in the company that makes it. And that it might be in their personal financial interest to oppose mask mandates to increase the number of people who get sick so that there are more sales of the product to line their or their donors pockets.

ballettmaus

So far, all that cutting unemployment benefits did for states that cut it early, is cut household spending by almost $2 billion. https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/23/end...its-had-little-impact-on-jobs-study-says.html

States that ended federal benefits early saw larger job gains among the unemployed: Their employment jumped 4.4 percentage points relative to jobless individuals in states that kept benefits flowing, according to the paper, which analyzes data through the first week of August.

However, that translates to just 1 in 8 unemployed individuals in the “cutoff states” who found a job in that time period. The majority, 7 out of 8, didn’t find a new job.

The employment dynamic — a loss of benefits without resulting job income for most people — led households to cut their weekly spending by 20%, according to the paper. As a result, economies of the cutoff states saw a reduction of nearly $2 billion in consumer spending from June through the first week of August.

b-man

Not if you die.
The point is, if you get the Wuhan ***** and survive, the natural immunity from having had the ***** will be greater and longer lasting than getting a vaccination at that point. Don't you believe in the science.

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
The point is, if you get the Wuhan ***** and survive, the natural immunity from having had the ***** will be greater and longer lasting than getting a vaccination at that point. Don't you believe in the science.
Then the question is how long is this antibody boost clinically significant? Would you require a "booster" vax in addition to your natural immune response? You know, b-man, the questions for those who 'believe in the science'.... What exactly is "the point" you are trying to make? You didn't make one. At least not to this person (me) who believes in the science.

Last edited:

Vagabond

The point is, if you get the Wuhan ***** and survive, the natural immunity from having had the ***** will be greater and longer lasting than getting a vaccination at that point.
That isn't what it says. What it says is:
a single-dose of vaccine likely can offer additional protection from the Delta Variant to those who recovered from SARS-CoV-2
In other words, unvaccinated people who get and recover from the disease should get vaccinated because they will be better protected against reinfection.

Don't you read?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information