Politics of Why We Are All at Home Right Now

sk9tingfan

Twitter storm in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . .
Meghan McCain just tweeted in reaction to this, "Shameful". I replied to her that she was ridiculous and not qualified to give an opinion. I also listed my education & experience. Let's see if she has the guts to reply. If she does, I'll challenge her to speak to me directly. Let's have at it! :watch:

skatingguy

Golden Team
Meghan McCain just tweeted in reaction to this, "Shameful". I replied to her that she was ridiculous and not qualified to give an opinion. I also listed my education & experience. Let's see if she has the guts to reply. If she does, I'll challenge her to speak to me directly. Let's have at it! :watch:
Not the person I was thinking of, but we are talking about an International Emmy - kind of the equivalent of winning a World Music Award - its an award, but it doesn't really mean much. Also, as I understand it most people in New York across the political spectrum hate Cuomo, and so McCain, as a resident of New York, probably isn't alone in her reaction. I have to admit to rolling my eyes, going 'huh'.

sk9tingfan

Not the person I was thinking of, but we are talking about an International Emmy - kind of the equivalent of winning a World Music Award - its an award, but it doesn't really mean much. Also, as I understand it most people in New York across the political spectrum hate Cuomo, and so McCain, as a resident of New York, probably isn't alone in her reaction. I have to admit to rolling my eyes, going 'huh'.
I think the statement qualified by the adjective, "most" is overstated since I'm a native New Yorker who can appreciate Cuomo's in your face approach. Having said that, I checked various publications around the state and Cuomo has been a 60-65% approval rating. Anyone who can get New Yorkers to pull together during a crisis like this and bring ********* infection rates below 1% and the daily deaths down to low single digits in state of 19 million is masterful. I worked with the New York State Department of Health for several years and their talent in the health care data analysis realm is considerable. And Cuomo always fully acknowledged that as well as his medical staff.

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
Hating Cuomo is so 2019.

Cuomo's approval rating was 59% positive, 33% negative in October 2020. Although he was roundly disapproved of in 2019, his ********* handling approval level is 73%, driving a much improved overall rating this year.

ballettmaus

Kelly Loeffler has YKW. I guess she got it being crawled up the ass of Trumpworld so much so that she'd rather him lose in another recount of GA than tend to her own run-off in January.
A second test was inconclusive, although, I read that that means that a small amount of YKW was detected but not enough to test positive. No idea what that means exactly. I guess, it's possible that she might have gotten infected only recently or she was asymptomatic and the YKW load is already decreasing (although, I really hope it's not that because of all the people she would have exposed by refusing to wear a mask).

MacMadame

Staying at home
The French Laundry dinner is rebooting efforts to recall Gavin Newsom:

It's hard to recall elected officials. I think it's more likely that he won't win re-election as Governor (assuming he runs again). I know there has been talk of Newsom running for President one day even as far back as him being Mayor of SF and I do think this incident may damage his chances. I can't see it getting him recalled though. Especially since one of the complaints is that his kids are attending in-person school.

The reason public schools aren't open here is because the school districts mostly don't want to, not because C19 policy requires it. Now the schools may only open for certain grades or in certain circumstances but they can open and they can even apply for a waiver to open more fully. But parents don't want it because they don't think it's safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information