Politics of Why We Are All at Home Right Now

Cheylana

My apologies, please don’t shoot me, it’s perhaps posted somewhere that I haven’t seen, but why are we not allowed to use the p-word or c-word on this board?

canbelto

Ok this is shocking:

Trump made clear his distaste for Crozier and his plea for help in comments to reporters Saturday: “I thought it was terrible, what he did, to write a letter. I mean, this isn’t a class on literature. This is a captain of a massive ship that’s nuclear powered. And he shouldn’t be talking that way in a letter.”

Um Trump actually wanted Crozier fired for putting his worries on paper?

FiveRinger

My apologies, please don’t shoot me, it’s perhaps posted somewhere that I haven’t seen, but why are we not allowed to use the p-word or c-word on this board?
Thank you for asking this question. I didn't even realize that this was a thing.

El Rey

This might not be an option for everyone, but if you’re having issues finding things like paper towels expand your search beyond the stores you normally go to if possible. I’m in Houston and for some things, like eggs, I go higher end and go to agrocery store like Sprouts. Friends were posting pics of empty shelves at Walmart, but Sprouts had mostly all the food and things I needed: eggs, water, bread, etc. I also learned that day I am out of touch and don’t know what the average price for eggs should be. But an 18 pack was $1.88 and that’s sounds good to me?

I also popped in to a dollar store (King Dollar) and they had a lot of paper towels, anti-bacterial soap, baby and regular wipes, bleach. I also went to a Mexican meat market and saw paper towels and water. And there were only two people in the store, so that was a plus.

I haven’t seen TP anywhere I’ve been, but I have a bidet and the large pack I last purchased at Costco a couple months ago should last me for a while.

Prancer

Aun Aprendo
Staff member
Its's all bullsh*t. They want an excuse to fire him because he made Trump look bad.

That may be so, but what he did is a firing offense. He was trying to work around the chain of command.

I figure he did it knowing he would be either fired or demoted, but considered his duty to his men to be above his career. Noble, but it's the military.

VGThuy

I think MacMadame is just talking about how selective Trump is and how Crozier’s actions making Trump look bad was the real reason for all of this. Although what Crozier did was a fireable offense, we know they can be selective about how they deal with infractions. To me, the part where Moldy told others that Trump wanted him fired when Crozier wasn’t fired was all just based on the fact that he made Trump look bad as he didn’t have to have any opinion on it since Moldy and the Navy were taking care of it. I mean I think it’s clear why Trump wanted him fired and it was beyond this incident of not following protocol, which MacMadame was saying he doesn’t truly care about and is probably only using that as a pretext to hide his true motivations for wanting Crozier fired. That’s just my take and I think that’s MacMadame’s take.

Prancer

Aun Aprendo
Staff member
I think MacMadame is just talking about how selective Trump is and how Crozier’s actions making Trump look bad was the real reason for all of this. Although what Crozier did was a fireable offense, we know they can be selective about how they deal with infractions. To me, the part where Moldy told others that Trump wanted him fired when Crozier wasn’t fired was all just based on the fact that he made Trump look bad as he didn’t have to have any opinion on it since Moldy and the Navy were taking care of it. I mean I think it’s clear why Trump wanted him fired and it was beyond this incident of not following protocol, which MacMadame was saying he doesn’t truly care about and is probably only using that as a pretext to hide his true motivations for wanting Crozier fired. That’s just my take and I think that’s MacMadame’s take.

You know, I do understand why people think Trump wanted Crozier fired and why they think that was wrong. And I am aware that Trump has pardoned people for war crimes.

My point, however, is exactly what I said--that what Crozier did was a firing offense and so it doesn't matter whether Trump wanted him fired for good or ill or what Trump thinks of protocol or what he has done with other people.

People here and in a lot of media articles act as if Crozier was fired for no reason at all other than Trump wanted it done. If you look at the history of the DoD and people tryng to go around the chain of command? There are many more examples of the same that have nothing to do with Trump or Modly. Do you all think that Crozier wouldn't have been fired in a different administration? Maybe; maybe not. But history would say that he would have been and a smarter President would have just said that it was a DoD decision.

Trump is the Commander in Chief and I think this firing came from him, not from the Navy brass. I think they would have probably privately retired him instead, if it was up to them.

I think that option would have been ruled out as soon the letter was reported in the media, but I am open to evidence that that is not the case. Why do you think that's what would have happened?

canbelto

Do you all think that Crozier wouldn't have been fired in a different administration? Maybe; maybe not. But history would say that he would have been and a smarter President would have just said that it was a DoD decision.

That's exactly the thing though. Trump has weighed in, made sure everybody knew the directive came from him, and made it All About Trump, as he is wont to do. So the fact that Crozier tested positive and Trump is still bashing him every minute he doesn't speak well to Trump's authority as Commander in Chief to let the military handle their own personnel decisions.

Prancer

Aun Aprendo
Staff member
That's exactly the thing though. Trump has weighed in, made sure everybody knew the directive came from him, and made it All About Trump, as he is wont to do. So the fact that Crozier tested positive and Trump is still bashing him every minute he doesn't speak well to Trump's authority as Commander in Chief to let the military handle their own personnel decisions.

Yes, Trump is still stupid and intemperate, and a terrible President and human being.

Vagabond

Why? What does one have to do with the other?
War crimes are more than just a firing offense, and yet, in some cases, the offenders have not been discharged and have even received pardons. The military is being selective in how it enforces its laws and regulations, being lenient on those who are barbaric and merciless on those who are noble.

And please save your socratic method for your students.

Prancer

Aun Aprendo
Staff member
War crimes are more than just a firing offense, and yet, in some cases, the offenders have not been discharged and have even received pardons. The military is being selective in how it enforces its laws and regulations, being lenient on those who are barbaric and merciless on those who are noble.

Trump is the Commander in Chief, but he is not the military. He has an Acting Secretary of the Navy because he and his last Secretary of the Navy were in conflict over those pardons because Trump's pardons countermanded military protocol. Some might interpret this as thinking that members of the military value protocol and think it should be enforced, but others might, of course, disagree.

And please save your socratic method for your students.

I wasn't aware that asking someone to explain their reasoning was restricted to teaching. Are you applying this rule consistenty to all or does it just apply to teachers? Or just me? Or am I engaging in the Socratic method again?

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
News: Boris Johnson has been moved to the ICU.

An inside look at the debate over giving hydrochloroquine:

Again mentioning Trump loves the briefings because of the ratings.
I am so angry at Trump for hawking his version of Vitameatavegemin as a cureall for ********* the idiot is likely to kill more people, both those who should not take the stuff, and Lupus sufferers who can't get it but desperately need it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information