Option to put entire threads on ignore

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved
Just curious to see if there is one or, if not, what the feasibility of implementing such an option would be.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
@VALuvsMKwan, there is one way to ignore a whole thread if you wish to do that. Put the person that started the thread on ignore and you won't be able to see the thread at all.

I put someone on ignore, and it was my first time to ever do that. I soon discovered I could no longer see a thread that I posted in quite often. I had to unignore the member in order to see the thread because that member had started the thread.

That's the only way I know of, but it works if you choose to do that.

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved
@VALuvsMKwan, there is one way to ignore a whole thread if you wish to do that. Put the person that started the thread on ignore and you won't be able to see the thread at all.

I put someone on ignore, and it was my first time to ever do that. I soon discovered I could no longer see a thread that I posted in quite often. I had to unignore the member in order to see the thread because that member had started the thread.

That's the only way I know of, but it works if you choose to do that.
Yes, I have noticed that happening in those circumstances the same way that you did.

That was not the functionality I was seeking. I was seeking a way to filter on specific threads in which I had no interest in seeing or reading.

Thanks for the feedback, though.

Hedwig

Antique member
Can you admins see which threads are ignored by tons of people?
That would be interesting to see :)
I am happy too. Some titles always annoyed me and some topics I just know I will never be interested in. I put a few threads on ignore just now to test it out.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I am happy too. Some titles always annoyed me and some topics I just know I will never be interested in. I put a few threads on ignore just now to test it out.
And sometimes there is a thread that you can't stop yourself from going into. If you can't see it, that helps a lot. It's like hiding the jar of M+Ms behind the protein bars. :D

MsZem

I see the sea
I took the plunge and put a thread on Ignore. It still appears on the Forum Index, https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/.
I think if an ignored thread is the most recent one in a specific sub-forum, it will still show up on the main page; it's the same for a thread started by a poster who's typically on ignore. But it shouldn't appear within the sub-forum itself, or when you look at what's new.

annie720

I think if an ignored thread is the most recent one in a specific sub-forum, it will still show up on the main page; it's the same for a thread started by a poster who's typically on ignore. But it shouldn't appear within the sub-forum itself, or when you look at what's new.
Actually my ignored posts are showing up for me under New Posts. I guess that's not the same thing as What's new? it does appear to be only be when they are the newest post. It doesn't bother me now that I know the reason. I'm just happy to have the feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information