Opening Ceremony & Senior Pairs SP: Of Mice and Me(aga)n

Thread starter #1

Sylvia

Club comp. season is underway & I'm not ready yet
Ratings
The opening ceremony is scheduled for/to be live streamed on Dailymotion starting at 14:13 Pacific / 5:13 pm Eastern time, followed by the Pairs SP.

SP starting order (both groups will be live streamed on Dailymotion, fortunately):

[WD Shalena Rau / Johann Wilkinson ON (new this season)]
1 Camille Ruest / Drew Wolfe QC
2 Evelyn Walsh / Trennt Michaud ON (senior debut; she also competed in Jr. Ladies)
3 Julianne Seguin / Charlie Bilodeau QC

4 Sydney Kolodziej / Maxime Deschamps QC
5 Kirsten Moore-Towers / Michael Marinaro ON
6 Lubov Ilyushechkina / Dylan Moscovitch ON
7 Meagan Duhamel / Eric Radford QC

---

Live (unofficial) scores: http://vsatech.ca/liveresults/csslive_results.cfm?strCategoryid=119

The Dailymotion live stream can be watched via the event site: https://skatecanada.ca/2018-canadian-tire-national-skating-championships/
Direct link to the stream in English (Ted Barton, Debbi Wilkes): https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6cn1dt
Direct link to French stream (Myriane Samson): https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6cn1e4

Creative/witty subtitle suggestions welcomed!

Starting at 17:30 PT / 20:30 ET, Canadian TV is scheduled to show the Pairs SP taped (TSN5) and at least the final/3rd group of Men’s Short Program live (TSN4).

Last edited:

levineismine

I believed in Hubbell&Donohue before it was cool
Ratings
Nervous for S/B, I need them to make the team! With the injury + getting back on track, they don't have great results to rely on in the past 1-2 season.
I also hope Ruest/Wolfe make the 4CC, love this team and their programs this year.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Ratings
I don't think I've quite processed the ladies results and now I have to watch pairs?! Even I'd give away our third ladies spot for a fourth pairs spot now. I don't think I can take it!

wickedwitch

Ratings
I don't think I've quite processed the ladies results and now I have to watch pairs?! Even I'd give away our third ladies spot for a fourth pairs spot now. I don't think I can take it!
I proposed the following trade a while back:
-US sends their pairs spots to Canada (S-K/K still get to do the team event)
-Canada sends their 3rd ladies spot to Japan
-Japan sends their dance spot to the US (M/R still get to do the team event)

I stand by it.

JoannaLouise

Official Toaster Oven Monitor
Ratings
Ruest/Wolfe
Oblivion
Both in black. Her dress is very sparkly; his shirt is mesh on the back.

2Tw
sbs 3T, she falls, his was nice
3LoTh, hand down

They have so many nice qualities, and look so good together. Often seem to have jump problems, though.

JoannaLouise

Ratings
Walsh/Michaud
Didn't catch the music, but it's some sort of female ballad
In matching-ish pantsuits (his is more black on the top, hers is more white)

3Tw, bit of a messy catch
3LoTh nice!
sbs 3T, a bit tight but got it done

So pleased for Evelyn after her difficult LP in the junior ladies yesterday. They need more power and expression, but she is only 16 and has already done such a good job of learning pairs over the last 2 years.

Catherine M

Ratings
Evelyn Walsh has turned into such a nice pairs skater. She was so gawky last season but now she's actually starting to find her way out there. Shame they don't have min scores for 4CC

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Ratings
No NO NO NO everyone is supposed to skate their best!

Sad all over again and I wasn't really invested on which pairs teams made it.

Ratings
Walsh and Michaud landed stuff. The throw was huge, distance-wise. Love that half of the step sequence was in hold.

Drew Wolfe is such a gorgeous skater.

Way high twist for Seguin/Bilodeau. Fast, sweeping lift. Beautiful synch throughout. Sad about the jumps.

Last edited:

JoannaLouise

Ratings
Seguin/Bilodeau
Everybody Wants to Rule the World (by "Larde")
In shades of black/grey/silver with sparkles

Dramatik opening poses
3Tw, ok but not as good as I remember from them
sbs 3S, she falls
great ice coverage on the lift
3LzTh

I do like this program from them, but they seem to have lost quite a bit of momentum since their breakout senior season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)