Open Championship of Moscow - Sept 2-5, 2019 - Junior Event

Tinami Amori

Sept. 02, 2019 - Open Championship of Moscow - Juniors event.
schedule - in Russian. first event - Moscow time 11 am - sept 2nd.

Megasport Arena
  • Sept 2 - short programmes pairs and dance
  • Sept 3 - free skate - pairs and dance
  • Sept 4 - short programmes singles (men/women)
  • Sept 5 - free skate - singles.

Names of the few participants that maybe of interest:

• Girls: Samodelkina, Saranovskaya, Frolova, Berestovskaya, Akatieva, and many other, 30+ participants.
  • Boys: Danielian, Kunitza, Knyazev, Yablokov, Lukin, Belyavsky, and many other, 30+ participants.

There either be a life feed on Russian Studio 30 - Junior TV - on youtube.
If not live, there will be videos shortly after.

Amy L

Looks like Nikita Volodin, Alexei Sviatchenko, and Nikita Rakhmanin are debuting with new partners in the pairs event. And is the Artemiy Marinin listed in the junior event the son of Maxim Marinin?

J

Jeschke

Volodin 😎
Who is he skating with?
Is he still junior eligible?

Amy L

Volodin 😎
Who is he skating with?
Is he still junior eligible?

His partner is named Taisiya Sobinina. I've never heard of her.

Nikita is only 20 even though it feels like he's been around for a decade!

oleada

Looks like Nikita Volodin, Alexei Sviatchenko, and Nikita Rakhmanin are debuting with new partners in the pairs event. And is the Artemiy Marinin listed in the junior event the son of Maxim Marinin?
Yes, he is.

ETA: I had made the annual russian competitions thread a few weeks earlier, not sure if the mods would want to merge the two

hanca

Values her privacy
Volodin with his new partner looked quite good. Considering she is new to pairs, not bad at all.

Sviatchenko - I was a bit disappointed with his choice. He could have chosen someone like Khabibulina, who already had some experience in pairs, but he chose pair beginner and there is not a huge size difference. Considering that he has had problems with lifting Kvartalova since she grew up, I would have thought that he would chose a partner who is likely to remain small. Partnerships with not as large height difference can work, but not everyone is Szolkowy or Han to be able to do the lifting. If someone knows the lifting of partners is not his strength, choosing more sensibly can help.

Rakhmanin with his new partner didn’t skate. That’s a pity. They were both pair skaters so I would expect them to be further than the above mentioned two pairs.

Tinami Amori

Guys, if anyone still wants to see last night's skate, since the video is now blocked, here are the downloads from the original footage (provided by Tulup.ru administrator, who is also part of the video/filming crew at the event).

I'll post the tonight's event (FS for dance and pairs) when (and if) he posts the link later on, when he gets to the rink and sets it up.

Amy L

Thank you for the links! I wasn't able to stick around to watch the pairs live, so thanks to tulup.ru for the upload!

Watching Volodin with his new partner makes me sad about the missed potential with him and Amina Atakhanova. Before Atakhanova got injured, they were equal in talent and competitive experience. His new partner has a lot of catching up to do in regards to not only the technical elements but also with the performance quality.

What's with all the Moonlight Sonata remixes? I'm only 30 minutes into watching the pairs competition and there's already 3 of them.

J

Jeschke

Do we have a result page?

Guys, if anyone still wants to see last night's skate, since the video is now blocked, here are the downloads from the original footage (provided by Tulup.ru administrator, who is also part of the video/filming crew at the event).
Thanks for that, very much appreciated.

ETA: I had made the annual russian competitions thread a few weeks earlier, not sure if the mods would want to merge the two
I would approve the merge! Otherwise we might have 20 different inner RUS competition threads in here :D

Tinami Amori

Today's (2nd day) Video Live:

On-line score table of a current event (changes with event)

Amy L

Seriously, what's with the disaster movie version of Moonlight Sonata? There were three of them yesterday and Kudriavtseva/Spiridonov have it in their LP. Is this some big new thing that I just didn't know existed? Did all the coaches give it to their pairs because of a bet? Otherwise I just can't understand why it took off like a wildfire among Russian junior pairs.

Last edited:

Amy L

They are still junior? :eek::eek::eek:
So why the hell did they don't get any JGP? (or did I miss :saint:)

He will be 22 in January, isn't that too old for international juniors?? They weren't in the official results so maybe they weren't skating "officially" in this Junior competition?? idk...

Anyways, the pairs results. Too lazy to translate to English fully but the top five are Sobinina/Volodin (cool program to Seimei) 2. Mukhortova/Evgeniev (messy) 3. Balabanova/Sviatchenko (much better than their SP) 4. Khabibullina/Knyazhuk (he pogosplatted both jumping passes, she's a lot better than him in general), 5. Belova/Chigirev (no memory of them whatsover)

1Таисия СОБИНИНА / Никита ВОЛОДИН1171.46
2Анастасия МУХОРТОВА / Дмитрий ЕВГЕНЬЕВ2157.27
3Анастасия БАЛАБАНОВА / Алексей СВЯТЧЕНКО3157.04
4Наталья ХАБИБУЛЛИНА / Илья КНЯЖУК4152.59
5Екатерина БЕЛОВА / Дмитрий ЧИГИРЕВ5151.98
6Анастасия МЕТЕЛКИНА / Даниил ШВЕЦОВ6140.93
7Карина САФИНА / Михаил ДОМНИН7136.70
8Милана МАТАКАЕВА / Александр РЕБРИК8132.08
9Ксения ЧИСТЯКОВА / Владимир СЛЕДЬ9131.49
10Александра КАРГУЛИНА / Алексей ПОРОХОВ10129.40
11Юлия ЕРМАКОВА / Владислав АНТОНЫШЕВ11119.28

J

Jeschke

Mukhortova has a JGP assignment! I immediately demand one for Volodin!

hanca

Values her privacy
They are still junior? :eek::eek::eek:
So why the hell did they don't get any JGP? (or did I miss :saint:)
They are not juniors, he aged out. They treated this competition as showing judges their program and getting feedback. Even though they got marked, their results didn’t count into the competition results. (Also, if you notice, they skated their FS in the first warm up group even though they should be in the last warm up group because they had the highest score in the SP. But they were not counted in the competition.)

hanca

Values her privacy
Mukhortova has a JGP assignment! I immediately demand one for Volodin!

Mukhortova doesn’t have JGP, they took it away. They are substitutes, so they still may get it.
It wouldn’t be that hard for the Russian federation to give one JGP to Volodin. They can send as many pairs as they want to to the Russian JGP, and they nominated only four pairs. They could add there one more if they wanted.

J

Jeschke

Mukhortova doesn’t have JGP, they took it away.
I missed that.
It wouldn’t be that hard for the Russian federation to give one JGP to Volodin. They can send as many pairs as they want to to the Russian JGP
Volodin was not entered as sub in the 1st place. Is t possible to add them later?
I am so clueless with all these rules :rofl:

hanca

Values her privacy
Volodin was not entered as sub in the 1st place. Is t possible to add them later?
I am so clueless with all these rules :rofl:
For Russian JGP it would be possible. Any other federation may not be willing to accept him, but Russian federation is the one who makes decision about who skates in Russian JGP. And it wouldn’t be the first time someone was added post deadline in an international competition. In the past, Ando was added...

Tinami Amori

Junior Ladies start at 10 AM Moscow time (Wed. Sept 4th)
Junior Men start at 14:45 (same day).
Live feed link should be coming up about 1 hour before. will post if available.

Amy L

Sobinina/Volodin

Mukhortova/Evgeniev

Balabanova/Sviatchenko

And here's Kudriavtseva/Spiridonov and the disaster movie Moonlight Sonata I was bitching about for the last two days. :lol:

Tinami Amori

Tonight's Live Video link (Jr. Ladies and Men) SP

Tomorrow's FS link:

This will remain an active score board. right now it has the last event's data. It will probably get cleared before the next event. but that's all there is. also, no guarantee how long it will stay available with the right data after each event is over. (just fyi).

mjb52

And here's Kudriavtseva/Spiridonov and the disaster movie Moonlight Sonata I was bitching about for the last two days. :lol:

I don't know where they are with technical difficulty but I liked their style. I can see why you're bitching about the music for sure, but it was an enjoyable program for me.

I like the often crazy costumes we get in skating but it's also nice to see the dressed down test skates as a change of pace as well.

J

Jeschke

I don't know where they are with technical difficulty but I liked their style. I can see why you're bitching about the music for sure, but it was an enjoyable program for me.
I really like K/S a lot, such a good classic still.. They are on a very high level and yet they might not even get a senior-b.
Well, they were lucky and got CS SVK last season, with less pairs events at CS now, I fear they won't get anywhere.

oleada

Super impressed with Sobinina/Volodin. Great elements (love that lift!). I would not have guessed she's new to pairs. She looks like a natural. I hope they can get an assignment somewhere.

ETA - Nice score for Danilian! 81.14. Positive GOE and L4 everything except for slightly negative GOE on the 3Lo (hand down)
Video:

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

I love Yablokov. I already did last season. And by next years I fear I will uber.

No clue what to think of these weird programs Volchkova always has for her juniors but somehow I still like them. Makes them stand out.
I have doubts international judges will totally go for that though. Classic warhorse please :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information