Olympic gold medalist Oksana Baiul talks Miracle Flights fundraiser

Perky Shae Lynn

Oh gross!!
Baiul has gotten her life together. Looks good, sounds good, and doing the right thing. I didn't think she could. I've had personal interactions with Oksana when she was a young adult. She was scared, skittish, didn't know whom to trust or what to do. Her entire young life was a story of hardship and people taking advantage of her. @AxelAnnie - your cruelty is stunning. Sometimes it's better to keep it to yourself.

Last edited:

jenniferlyon

Glad Oksana is doing such a charitable endeavor. And......she's 42. Still trying to wrap my head around that.

Yeah, and Michelle Kwan turned 40 about a month ago. There is a part of me that still thinks of her and Oksana and their cohorts as teens while I'm in my early 20s. But, no... We are all middle-aged ladies now.

Garden Kitty

Tranquillo
Kudos to her for supporting what sounds like a very good cause. I've only met Oksana once, at another charity event where she was volunteering her time for another worthy cause. She was gracious and kind to all the fans and took extra time with all the kids who came up for pictures or autographs.

VGThuy

Yeah, and Michelle Kwan turned 40 about a month ago. There is a part of me that still thinks of her and Oksana and their cohorts as teens while I'm in my early 20s. But, no... We are all middle-aged ladies now.

You made me just come to terms with the fact that Kwan and Oksana aren’t that far apart in age and yet at the time it seemed Oksana was from a wholly different generation than her. I guess same with Bobek and Kwan and Kwan and Lipinski. One-two years is a big deal in teenager years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information