Ohio Legislators pass bill: ok to be wrong about science for religious reasons

overedge

G.O.A.T.
The authors of this bill seem a little obsessed with things that might be happening in women's bodies. Just waiting for the inevitable story about one of them being charged with solicitation of same-sex underage kids, or trying to pay off an extramarital affair, or caught trolling for same-sex action online. You know, the things that loud "family values" politicians do in their spare time.

Wyliefan

Trying to appease the skategods
That's kind of you. But I wonder when we stopped requiring any sort of intelligence or reason in our legislators. Maybe they should be made to pass a basic biology exam!

canbelto

I don't think it's about biology. It's about intimidating women and doctors. Even if this bill never actually makes it to the governor's desk it's about making a power play.

once_upon

New condo owner
As if a woman can prevent ectopic pregnancy. Most of women who experience an ectopic pregnancy truly want to have a baby. And many because of the rupture of the tubes may not be able to have one.

Rachel Maddow is doing a special report on the violence committed by anti-abortionists. I've lived through much of this history. It's scary how violent they are while saying they are saving lives/babies.

Reuven

Official FSU Alte Kacher
I don't think it's about biology. It's about intimidating women and doctors. Even if this bill never actually makes it to the governor's desk it's about making a power play.
It’s about controlling women. Anybody who opposes abortion AND access to birth control and comprehensive sex education, isn’t actually concerned about abortion. They are more concerned about women “knowing their place.”

Japanfan

Rachel Maddow is doing a special report on the violence committed by anti-abortionists. I've lived through much of this history. It's scary how violent they are while saying they are saving lives/babies.
And how little they care about life once it's born.

Daena

Ok, I thought Florida was some kind of "land of weird" of US, but seriously, this Ohio s*#t is wilder than any "gators in the purse" of Florida Men.

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
If you look at the districting maps for the state, it will provide insight as to how legislators are doing this stuff when it's not supported by the majority of the population. This is how they spend their time while online charter schools are robbing the taxpayers, but hopefully change will be coming in 2022.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information