Official FSU Prediction Contest- Skate America

Thread starter #1
Ratings
THIS IS IT! THIS IS THE LAST ONE! Well, except for the GPF.

Please read before posting your predictions! (Especially if you've lost your password)

I will not post the detailed rules again, but they can be found here. First of all, we are using the prediction contest website this year.

You may enter predictions until the Pairs' SP starts Friday, November 24th, at 4:23 PM local time in Lake Placid, NY, USA (which is the same as the server time for the website). If you are in the system entering predictions before that time and that time passes, you will not be able to enter your predictions. You can also change your predictions at any time before the deadline.

Predictions posted in this thread will not be scored unless the server for the prediction website goes down and you will not have time to make/change your predictions before the start of the competition. In that case, please note the situation in your post. You may feel free to post your predictions in this thread after making them on the website for the purpose of discussion or to talk about predictions in this thread. But only predictions made on the website will be scored.

You can see the results at any time during the competition (they will be updated after the SPs even though only the final results will count) by choosing "2017 ISU Grand Prix" from the Standings drop down menu. We will also post the results in the thread so that everyone can discus and congratulate each other.

If you notice an errors/have any problems, please feel free to PM me or oleada or post in the thread we'll try to correct/solve them. We will try to keep up with any changes but let me know if I have missed anything. (PM is the best way to do that quickly!)

Theatregirl1122, oleada, and choupette (the creator of the website) are the people running the contest. If you have lost your password, please PM Choupette and she will reset it for you.

Good luck, have fun, and remember to feel free to use this thread to discuss your predictions!

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, Medvedeva, T&M, Shibs, P&C
Ratings
I entered my predictions for SA, knowing fully well that I won't be able to see the results before Dec 3rd. I will be on vacation and out of touch with the internet.
It could be Dec 4 before I can see any performances.

I am rooting for Polina T. To win the gold, and Voronov to win a medal of any color. Also rooting for Z and G to skate well and finish ahead of K and S (and of course for Shibs to win he gold).

Doggygirl

Not afraid to wear my pointy hat!
Ratings
Does anyone else think it's possible (very!) that the 3 USA teams will end up at the bottom of the standings here? If that doesn't speak to the sadness of USA Pairs I don't know what does! World wide pairs on the other hand, is so exciting I can hardly stand it! :respec:

Simone411

Holy Quad Camoly
Ratings
My gosh, the ladies' field is so wide open!
Yes it, is! I still went ahead with my technique, and my predictions are totally off the wall! I figure, however, with the ladies field so wide open as you put it that my predictions may be okay! Then again, all my predictions for Ladies, Mens, Pairs and Ice Dance are off the wall!

Good luck with the predictions everyone! :cheer2:

aliceanne

Ratings
I put skaters in the order that I think they will place, which excluded all my favorites from the podium (except one) sigh. So I will be happy either way, if my predictions come true or if they are completely upset.

I'm not mentioning names as I totally jinxed them last season.

Bunny Hop

Perpetually learning Dutch Waltz
Ratings
I'm learning not to get too despondant about my predictions after the short programme, as some of the 'issues' always resolve themselves by the end of the competition.

aliceanne

Ratings
Yeah, Jin and MTM were the underperformers in my predictions. Unless Jin is injured, they both will probably move up in the FS, if for no other reason than others will implode.

DobrinFan

Ratings
Yeah, Jin and MTM were the underperformers in my predictions. Unless Jin is injured, they both will probably move up in the FS, if for no other reason than others will implode.
Jin is injured that's why he didn't attempt the quad Lutz.

Also Kovtun has withdrawn.

meggonzo

Ratings
How does Ashley's withdrawal affect the predictions? Does she still count or would the next skater get bumped up? The link to the detailed rules came up with an error. I'll see if i can find the rules in another thread.

kates8

Ratings
Wow I thought I i was taking a huge tumble after SKAM! @Daniskates93 it is a pleasure to stand on the podium with you....saw you clicking away this weekend but didn’t get down to say Hi. I always look for the purple scarf amongst the photographers!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)