Obama Says Goodbye

honey

Sad about it too! I remember so well skipping class 8 years ago to watch the 1st inaugural, sitting in front of the TV for too many hours (roommate went to a day of classes and came home to find me still sitting there :shuffle:). Can't believe it's all but over now!

Allskate

I'm watching. Thinking back to all the remarkable speeches and moments Obama has given us. It's so bizarre to go from that to Trump. From an intelligent and eloquent man of depth, empathy, and class to an ignorant, petty, and mean man who can't communicate beyond dishonest and insulting tweets.

AxelAnnie

He is a wonderful speaker. Not a good leader. But I don't think he is going anywhere. I think we will be hearing lots and lots from him, as he tries to defend his legacy.

I think the country is more racially divided than it was before he took office. And, he has been at the helm of the almost total dismantling of the Democratic party.

sap5

He is a wonderful speaker. Not a good leader. But I don't think he is going anywhere. I think we will be hearing lots and lots from him, as he tries to defend his legacy.

I think the country is more racially divided than it was before he took office. And, he has been at the helm of the almost total dismantling of the Democratic party.
I think he's a great leader. He has led me to strive to be a better citizen and a better person. I will always be thankful that he was our President.

Last edited:

Plisskin

This is an embarrassment on a global scale that we are going from this intelligence, to a Twitter warrior who is currently trending as Peeotus and GoldenShowers on Twitter due to his latest scandal. Smh.

oleada

This is an embarrassment on a global scale that we are going from this intelligence, to a Twitter warrior who is currently trending as Peeotus and GoldenShowers on Twitter due to his latest scandal. Smh.
Indeed. What a loss to go from Obama to Trump. Trump isn't fit for this office; it's so clear. When could he ever make such an eloquent, intelligent speech?

Are we 100% sure we can't keep Obama for four more years?

Allskate

"We must guard against the weakening of the values that make us who we are." :respec:

"Our Democracy is threatened whenever we take it for granted . . . We should be making it easier, not harder to vote."

quartz

uncultured pearl clutcher
:wuzrobbed

Class. Dignity. Eloquence.
Where's a time machine when you need one? I don't want Jan 20 to come yet.

sap5

No matter what happens in the future, I'm going to remember the Obamas and how they always "went high" when it would have been so easy to go low. If they can do that, so can I.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)