Northern Hemisphere Flu Shot/Coronavirus (threads merged)

sk9tingfan

I used to get pneumonia a lot until I got the pneumonia shot. Haven’t had it since!
Make sure you renew your vaccine every 5-7 years. Best is to get both a Pneumovax as well as a Prevnar for maximal protection.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, Three A's, T&M, P&C
Thanks for the reminder. I need to get mine today.

ETA- I got my flu shot today for Free, and got a $5 Target gift card as a reward.

Last edited:

Aceon6

Losing patience
And if you know anyone who says they don’t plan to get one, remind them that their decision might lead to hospitalization and possibly death of any immunocompromized people in their circle.

Anemone

Had mine two weeks ago, and I know several of my colleagues have had them also. We are encouraging the others to go get it.
Some in my family have had it, others I am on their case to go get it. We have elderly relatives who already have health problems in the family, as well as young children/babies, so I feel we need to be having it to protect them.

FGRSK8

Toad whisperer.....
A good friend of mine in a position to know says this virus coming out of Wuhan, China is some really serious shit....

FGRSK8

Toad whisperer.....
I have a feeling this will begin to dominate the news within the next month.

i wish my father was still alive. He knew about such infectious diseases.

This thing sounds like something out of The Stand

mag

What to do if you do get a cold or the flu:

MacMadame

My G.O.A.T is better than your G.O.A.T.
We got ours last October which is when ur doctor recommend it.

We had a devil f a time finding a store that had any.
I finally got mine. Took 3 tries. My insurance will only pay for it if I get it through my medical group. They start bothering me in late Aug/early Sept to get them but it's some form letter and they NEVER have the shots available when I go for my annual checkup in late Sept. Never.

Then I planned to go get them in Oct. but I got a cold and you aren't supposed to get them if you are sick.

Then I went when the clinic was closed. (I swear the website said it was open but I guess I misread.) And finally, I went when it was open. :lol:

I then got some 24 hour bug a few days later. But it was SO MILD. If it was the flu, then the shot really knocked it down to almost nothing.

sk8pics

I then got some 24 hour bug a few days later. But it was SO MILD. If it was the flu, then the shot really knocked it down to almost nothing.
I don’t think the flu shot provides immunity that fast. It takes some time for the immune response when you get a shot. So perhaps it was a coincidence, or perhaps you had a reaction...

Peaches LaTour

I finally got mine. Took 3 tries. My insurance will only pay for it if I get it through my medical group. They start bothering me in late Aug/early Sept to get them but it's some form letter and they NEVER have the shots available when I go for my annual checkup in late Sept. Never.

Then I planned to go get them in Oct. but I got a cold and you aren't supposed to get them if you are sick.

Then I went when the clinic was closed. (I swear the website said it was open but I guess I misread.) And finally, I went when it was open. :lol:

Medicare finally paid mine, 100%, last year. First time they ever did that.

We always end up going to Costco for our flu shots but they had already run out the first time we went. This year we are going to make a reservation for shots which I learned you can do.

MacMadame

My G.O.A.T is better than your G.O.A.T.
I don’t think the flu shot provides immunity that fast. It takes some time for the immune response when you get a shot. So perhaps it was a coincidence, or perhaps you had a reaction...
I don't think it was a reaction because the symptoms weren't right. Also, my husband had a similar thing for two weeks a week before me. So I think I got whatever he had.

maatTheViking

There has been a case Washington, a guy who recently traveled to Wuhan. At least he notified the doctors office as soon as he got sick - the health officers says he behaved very responsible and they were able to reduce the amount of people he were in contact with (after he noticed he was sick).

I’m worried with so much travel. One of my coworkers are in China (not sure where) - he will be back in February. I hope he will be ok; you never know with the amount of travel people do how fast it will spread outside of Wuhan

mag

So perhaps it was a coincidence, or perhaps you had a reaction...
You can definitely have an immune response to the vaccine, but just to be absolutely clear you cannot get the flu from the flu shot. (I am not saying you were suggesting that, but it is such a prevalent myth I feel it is important to be clear.)

FGRSK8

Toad whisperer.....
Trump says that the Coronavirus is totally under control.

Sounds like the colonel in The Stand that says, “how many times do I have to tell that the Captain Trips doesn’t exist.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information