No live audience at 2022 Canadians

kalamalka

Yes, they are more compliant and if you forget to put your mask back over your nose after a drink the staff will come and remind you, as witnessed at Skate Canada. Lol.
I confess that at Skate Canada neither Rosaleen nor I wore our mask most of the times we were at our seats, and no one came to mention it. The first day, we were the only spectators in the entire wheelchair section (one end of the rink), and at no time during the 3 day event was anyone within 10 feet of us while we were at our seats. While I'm not only compliant of mask rules in general, but very risk-conscious as a caregiver for a 98-year-old, I see no point in wearing a mask just because it's a rule when there is no possible risk of either transmitting or receiving the *****.

In the time of Omicron, I'm actually quite glad that we have had a mask mandate for indoor public spaces for all but a couple of months last summer in BC (and when the requirement came back, it was clearly expected based on previously-communicated criteria as Delta surged). Most people wear them just as a matter of course at this point, so there's very little drama about it (except for the occasional idiot).

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10

Starts the good stuff, with plenty of likes from people when it was suggested she probably isn't vaccinated.
All of four people "liked" the initial post, and at least one was a sad face, and not necessarily specifically to that part of the post. The reasons given for why people thought she might not be vaccinated, after Karen-W surmised that the assumption was because she was in TX, were that few healthy young people who were vaccinated ended up in the hospital and some athletes chose not to get the vaccine because it could interefere with their training schedule, and, while the first turned out to be, sadly, wrong, the latter has been true of some athletes.

tony

But it just doesn't fcuking glide
All of four people "liked" the initial post, and at least one was a sad face, and not necessarily specifically to that part of the post. The reasons given for why people thought she might not be vaccinated, after Karen-W surmised that the assumption was because she was in TX, were that few healthy young people who were vaccinated ended up in the hospital and some athletes chose not to get the vaccine because it could interefere with their training schedule, and, while the first turned out to be, sadly, wrong, the latter has been true of some athletes.
Did you read on or are you going to stick with it being four people? I said 'starts', after all. What about the suggestions that even though she said she was vaccinated, she still might not be? There's a familiar name in this very thread that suggested as much. Get back to me when you finish the thread. ;)

If you need another example of jumping to conclusions, see the angst from a few posters with Eldredge and his Twitter likes/posts after Paniot didn't wear a mask in the kiss and cry during the Nationals SP last year. Some statement Eldredge was supposedly making :lol: In reality, Paniot just forgot.

Thanks for your story @kalamalka

Last edited:

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
I read the entire thread. Karen-W accused the first person who suggested she wasn't vaccinated of assuming this because she was in Texas. Other people explained why they thought she might not be, one of which was quite reasonable, because the chances of her having been hospitalized post-vaccination given her age and health were very low. "Likes" to those explanations were not necessarily, "Yes, we think she wasn't vaccinated," but could just as easily have been, "There was a reasonable explanation for the conclusion rather than being politically bigoted."

tony

But it just doesn't fcuking glide
I read the entire thread. Karen-W accused the first person who suggested she wasn't vaccinated of assuming this because she was in Texas. Other people explained why they thought she might not be, one of which was quite reasonable, because the chances of her having been hospitalized post-vaccination given her age and health were very low. "Likes" to those explanations were not necessarily, "Yes, we think she wasn't vaccinated," but could just as easily have been, "There was a reasonable explanation for the conclusion rather than being politically bigoted."
In what world does someone arguing back that she's probably not vaccinated after she says she's vaccinated make any sense? :lol: Or better yet, why would any poster think she would lie? The exact quote actually was "Hope she gets better soon, whether vaxxed or not."

It wasn't hundreds of likes across the thread, but it seems some people thought they had it all figured out and/or that she was lying, which is just weird. Maybe they have a real dislike for her skating ;)

Louis

Private citizen
Glad there is No audience at Canadians. Here is a tweet about an audience member at US nation sitting unmasked. https://twitter.com/shoshpd/status/1478538696374771713?s=21

That tweet violated more policies than the person not wearing a mask. I hope the tweeter is banned from Twitter and from all future USFS events. This is a severe violation of privacy and process. The person posting this clearly has mental issues if they're scanning the arena with a zoom lens for people not wearing masks, and timing how long each person is not wearing a mask. I'd rather sit near 20 unmasked people than this psychopath. For the safety of all involved, I hope the photographer/tweeter is identified, removed from the arena, and banned from all future events.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love!
That tweet violated more policies than the person not wearing a mask. I hope the tweeter is banned from Twitter and from all future USFS events. This is a severe violation of privacy and process. The person posting this clearly has mental issues if they're scanning the arena with a zoom lens for people not wearing masks, and timing how long each person is not wearing a mask. I'd rather sit near 20 unmasked people than this psychopath. For the safety of all involved, I hope the photographer/tweeter is identified, removed from the arena, and banned from all future events.
It shouldn’t be hard to identify this character @shoshpd , have him/her removed from the arena, eventually sued by the targeted woman, etc.

I’m personally all for masking in public spaces but, heck, not violating a fellow human being’s privacy.

Last edited:

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
PEOPLE - please move on to SKATING discussion!!! There won't be any happening in Ottawa until Friday - take a break!

USFS made their decisions. Skate Canada, the host of Canadians, made their decisions. Canada has 10 provinces & 3 territories, each of which has their own responsibility for health administration. The USA is not Canada. Move on, please :)

Karen-W

Eric just posted that they both had a negative antigen test today and are going to Ottawa to give it their best shot.
That's great news that they've both tested negative! I hope they are able to skate well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information