News & Experiences continued

Susan1

As I understand it, the cough can linger for 6 weeks or more. You are not considered infectious at that time. But it is hard for anyone around you to know the difference
I just got back from the store and there was a woman standing by the entrance (with a cart, so waiting for someone to pick her up?) with a mask on her chin, sounding like she was coughing up a lung.

once_upon

Enough
I just got back from the store and there was a woman standing by the entrance (with a cart, so waiting for someone to pick her up?) with a mask on her chin, sounding like she was coughing up a lung.
It is impossible to tell if she is currently contagious, has passed nfectious time period, if it was covid, influenza, rsv, pertussis, rinovirus or another nasty cold virus.

At this time in the covid pandemic (because it is still world wide pandemic, even if it is endemic in countries with vaccination rates at a moderate to high level), the best we can do is preventative measures for ourselves. Vaccinations, spacing, masking when you think is appropriate, watch community spread levels and handwashing.

sk8pics

I hope not to be coughing too much while I’m inside with people for like 8 hours on Saturday, but I will wear a mask. I know I don’t have covid* but would not not to catch it. My one friend told me she and her husband haven’t gotten either their booster or their flu shot! They are both over 65 and her husband has some health issues. :wall: The reason she gave me is that she didn’t want to miss any of the Breeders’ Cup activities going on.:rolleyes: That was only this week, the vaccines have been available for weeks. I hope she does not get sick. I really think we’ll be in a high risk environment. Although I suppose people may stay away from me more if I’m coughing.

*because I had 6 negative tests from Tuesday last week toMon day this week.

once_upon

Enough
I'm not putting this here to debate the long covid issue, I'm gifting it in the hope we will all be alert for signs of strokes. Strokes, if treated early can have better outcomes than when my grandpa had a stroke decades ago. If you have any symptoms of a stroke seek immediate care, even if you don't have typical stroke risk factors.

once_upon

Enough

skatingguy

Debbie S

My dentist's office is no longer requiring masks for patients. No advance notice but when I got to my appt on Friday, I saw there was no more sign on the door. I walked in and saw a couple patients with either mask pulled down or not on (1 still had one on). I kept mine on, no one said anything, all the staff had them. When I got taken back, I asked the asst and she said yes, masks were no longer required for patients, but still required for staff.

Just in time for the predicted case surge, yippee.

Yeah, most patients have their masks off anyway while they're being seen, but do we need to risk exposure in the (small) waiting area? 🤨

clairecloutier

A longish article in WaPo takes a look at the early cases of Covid in China and the conflicting reporting around those cases.

It seems clear that the virus was spreading in Wuhan by December 2019, and probably November, but there is a lot of uncertainty around the numbers at that point.

The article calls for another investigation to better determine the source of Covid-19.

Louis

Private citizen
It seems clear that the virus was spreading in Wuhan by December 2019, and probably November, but there is a lot of uncertainty around the numbers at that point.

The article calls for another investigation to better determine the source of Covid-19.

I was in Wuhan on October 6-7, 2019 and extremely sick afterwards with symptoms that were near-identical to the covid I later had in June 2021, including and especially no smell or taste for weeks. The dates I was in Wuhan just so happened to be the exact dates the virus allegedly leaked from the lab. I was staying half a mile from the lab. I'll always wonder.... The only piece that doesn't make sense is that I didn't seem to make anyone else sick.

Judy

Wish me luck today! I’m getting my 5th booster in an hour. I’m divorcing Moderna and getting Pfizer so .. I hate gettting sick but normally when you get sick it just happens vs anticipating it. Maybe I won’t though 😜. I didn’t with my other shots.

Judy

Wish me luck today! I’m getting my 5th booster in an hour. I’m divorcing Moderna and getting Pfizer so .. I hate gettting sick but normally when you get sick it just happens vs anticipating it. Maybe I won’t though 😜. I didn’t with my other shots.
Yay I’m done - over an hour ago. I hate waiting. Next week I’ll do my flu shot.

Hard to believe it’s been almost a year since Omicron happened.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Got my booster 24 hours ago and other than feeling like I was socked in the arm I’ve had no effects. The last two boosters I got achy the morning after. Hope this doesn’t mean my immune system is shot lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information