News & Experiences continued

skatingfan5

Past Prancer's Corridor
Update on my niece’s family: her 8 yo son who came down with C19 last Monday was pretty much back to his normal self by the end of the week at which time my niece, her husband, and 5 yo daughter were tested. Results came back on Tuesday and all were negative except for her husband whose result was “inconclusive.” Wednesday night the 5 vo had a fever, the next morning her father lost his sense of smell, ditto for my niece by evening. :( So far no serious or even moderate symptoms and I’m hoping things stay that way. My niece was chided by a community healthcare person about not keeping her son isolated from the rest of the family. How the heck do you do that with a hyperactive kid who is on the autism spectrum?!?

Even though my niece and her husband were both fully vaccinated, they couldn’t keep C19 from their household. Two other students in her son’s class tested positive for C19 a day after he did and there were other cases in his school ( which required masks indoors) so everything went back to remote learning for now. This is in Minnesota and probably not surprising given how high cases per capital are for that state. (Sigh)

Last edited:

Susan1

As of Friday, Nov. 12, the state reports a total of 1,596,171 (+5,379) cases, leading to 82,075 (+140) hospitalizations and 10,365 (+12) admissions into the ICU. A total of 6,568,806 people — or 56.2% of the state’s population — has at least started the vaccination process, an increase of 10,891 from the previous day.

The ODH reported 361 deaths Friday, bringing the total to 25,643. The state is updating the number only after death certificates have been processed, usually twice a week.

The 21-day case average is just above 3,700.

As of Tuesday, Nov. 9, the state reports a total of 1,580,271 (+4,952) cases, leading to 81,504 (+321) hospitalizations and 10,308 (+17) admissions into the ICU. A total of 6,528,465 people — or 55.85% of the state’s population — has at least started the vaccination process, an increase of 11,193 from the previous day.

As of Wednesday, Nov. 10, the state reports a total of 1,585,798 (+5,527) cases, leading to 81,745 (+241) hospitalizations and 10,336 (+28) admissions into the ICU. A total of 6,543,271 people — or 55.98% of the state’s population — has at least started the vaccination process, an increase of 17,006 from the previous day.

About 900,000 kids got ********* shots in 1st week, White House says
The ODH reported 215 deaths Tuesday, bringing the total to 25,282. The state is updating the number only after death certificates have been processed, usually twice a week.

The 21-day case average is just above 3,600.

flyingsit

Colorado has very high numbers of hospitalized patients right now. Per people I know who work at several of the Denver-area hospitals, nearly all of them are unvaccinated and the remaining few are either over 70 or immune compromised.

in addition, a not insignificant number of the patients are from Wyoming, Idaho, western Nebraska… we have more ICU beds than those states so we have some of their patients as well.

Dobre

Oregon school district slapped with $11,000 fine over *********-19 safety violations​

OSHA visited the Adrian school district and found four violations

Adrian so deserves to be raked over the coals this year. The school board fired their superintendent for trying to take ********* safety measures seriously. (The community of Adrian is itty bitty. Per Google, less than 200 people live there. The school district itself is apparently larger and has about 300 students).

"'So what the report is all about was an inspection that we conducted in response to three complaints about a lack of mask usage at the school facilities,' said Aaron Corvin with OSHA.

Those complaints led to on-site visits by OSHA inspectors who found four violations. Two related to *********-19, and two related to OSHA standards not related to the *********."

You gotta love how they failed on the two non-********* related standards also.

Dobre

Europe facing 500,000 more ********* deaths by February, WHO warns​

Per the NYT, cases in the U.S. are now up 11% over the past 2 weeks:(.
(Not sure whether Veteran's Day cases have been reported in every state yet).

New Mexico extends eligibility for *********-19 boosters to all adults​

(My county--not in New Mexico--is not being picky either. I think they're just glad to have anyone they can protected).

MN (Minnesota) ********* surge forces hospitals to treat patients in hallways, delay non-essential procedures​

Colorado hospitals on edge amid renewed ********* surge, staffing shortages​

Just 6% of ICU beds are currently available in Colorado.

********* was the leading cause of death in Arizona over the past year.

Vermont has the highest vaccination rate in the country. So why are cases surging?​

North Dakota lawmakers have been busy trying to make it harder for businesses to require vaccinations. (The state has the 4th highest case rate per capita right now).

Cases in Alaska look to now be going down.

Prancer

Professional Spuddler
Staff member
For those who like labels and explanations before clicking, this is:

Sen. Ron Johnson held a panel discussion on November 2, 2021 with doctors and medical researchers who have treated *********-19 vaccine injuries and are researching the safety and efficacy of *********-19 vaccines, patients who have experienced adverse events due to the *********-19 vaccine, and vaccine mandates.

Judy

Europe facing 500,000 more ********* deaths by February, WHO warns​

Per the NYT, cases in the U.S. are now up 11% over the past 2 weeks:(.
(Not sure whether Veteran's Day cases have been reported in every state yet).

New Mexico extends eligibility for *********-19 boosters to all adults​

(My county--not in New Mexico--is not being picky either. I think they're just glad to have anyone they can protected).

MN (Minnesota) ********* surge forces hospitals to treat patients in hallways, delay non-essential procedures​

Colorado hospitals on edge amid renewed ********* surge, staffing shortages​

Just 6% of ICU beds are currently available in Colorado.

********* was the leading cause of death in Arizona over the past year.

Vermont has the highest vaccination rate in the country. So why are cases surging?​

North Dakota lawmakers have been busy trying to make it harder for businesses to require vaccinations. (The state has the 4th highest case rate per capita right now).

Cases in Alaska look to now be going down.
Scary.

FGRSK8

Toad whisperer.....
Unfortunately, the curves for the US are showing signs of following what we are seeing in the UK. There was a peak, a falloff, now a slow rise.

On the news they were saying that we will continue to see surges as long as there is a pool of the unvaccinated. He said that these surges will continue to “pick off” this group. He cautioned that everyone is eventually going to be affected by this thing. It is not a question of if, but when.

There are still people who claim that this is all a hoax……

Dobre

Per Bloomberg,

Morocco is the first country in Africa with over 50% of the population fully vaccinated, currently at 66% :cheer2: .

Tunisia has 40.5% fully vaccinated & 49.5% with at least one dose.

Rwanda has 18.3% fully vaccinated & 38.1% with at least one dose.

South Africa has 26.8% with at least one dose & Bloomberg has no data on the percent fully vaccinated.

Susan1

As of Tuesday, Nov. 16, ODH reports a total of 1,614,054 (+5,639) cases, leading to 82,907 (+459) hospitalizations and 10,447 (+53) admissions into the ICU. A total of 6,615,033 people — or 56.59% of the state’s population — have at least started the vaccination process, an increase of 11,964 from the previous day.

The 21-day case average is nearly 4,100.

ODH reported 170 deaths Tuesday, bringing the total to 25,813.

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
This is a sad and alarming story.

Eight residents of a Connecticut nursing home have died since the start of a ******** outbreak that has infected 89 others, officials said.

Twenty-two staffers and 67 residents of Geer Village Senior Community in North Canaan have tested positive for ********* since Sept. 30, according to a statement from the facility. North Canaan is on the Connecticut-Massachusetts border...

The outbreak is isolated to the center’s skilled nursing facility, which currently has 70 residents. The assisted living facility was not affected. As of Nov. 15, the home had three active cases.

All but two of the infected staffers and residents were fully vaccinated. “We are obviously concerned we experienced some level of waning immunity,” the nursing home’s most recent statement said.

However, those at Geer are not eligible for booster shots until the center has gone more than two weeks without any new ********* cases.

Dobre

Oregon reported 785 new cases today. (Lowest number in ages).

52 deaths. (Still very high & likely including more of the deaths that should have been reported in September).

The state is putting into place its own 100+ worker rule for requiring vaccinations or testing by Dec. 4th, in case the federal rule gets delayed or stopped via some lawsuit.

As of today, Oregon has 2 counties in red & one in purple. All very rural. Two with very low vaccination rates. (Gilliam County had 10 cases the other day so can be expected to remain in at least red until those cases clear the NYT's time window).

Since about 29 states are currently averaging about 25 cases per 100K, I'm not particularly looking forward to all those people flying into the rest of the country for Thanksgiving & setting off the next big escalation. Why couldn't we have mandated vaccinations for adult plane travelers by now? Why?

MacMadame

Doing all the things
So here is some good news:

Dobre

All vaccinated adults could soon be eligible for a Pfizer or Moderna booster​

"The Food and Drug Administration is expected to announce later this week that it will grant Emergency Use Authorization for all adults to get those extra shots."

MacMadame

Doing all the things
At the school board meeting tonight, they mentioned having clinics at various Elementary schools where they gave the pediatric doses and booster shots. Smart idea, IMO. Get 'em where they are. I had trouble following how many shots they gave but it sounds like at least a thousand and maybe 1500.

FGRSK8

Toad whisperer.....
At the school board meeting tonight, they mentioned having clinics at various Elementary schools where they gave the pediatric doses and booster shots. Smart idea, IMO. Get 'em where they are. I had trouble following how many shots they gave but it sounds like at least a thousand and maybe 1500.
It is a good idea. They did that in the 1950’s when we got our polio shots.

FGRSK8

Toad whisperer.....
Our town has an indoor mask mandate, the next town over does not.

There is a big mall that straddles the two towns. Where Lady Figureskates gets her hair done, is on our side of the line so she has to wear a mask. I go to the liquor store in the mall that is in the other town so no mask is needed.

The big question is there is one store where the line actually runs down the center of the store. Do they put a line of blue tape down the center of the store to separate the mask and no mask areas. Next time I go over to the mall I am going to find out…

Last edited:

antmanb

From Monday booster shots will be available to those over 40 in the UK and 5 months from their second jab. As it happens Wednesday next week is exactly 5 months from my second shot so I will be able to book. I still feel vaguely conflicted that while some countries are struggling with first doses we're onto our third, but when your leader is a complete moron who is doing very little to curb cases then i guess you take the protections wherever you can.

MsZem

From Monday booster shots will be available to those over 40 in the UK and 5 months from their second jab. As it happens Wednesday next week is exactly 5 months from my second shot so I will be able to book. I still feel vaguely conflicted that while some countries are struggling with first doses we're onto our third, but when your leader is a complete moron who is doing very little to curb cases then i guess you take the protections wherever you can.
At this point, at least some of the countries struggling with first doses are doing so not because of lack of supply, but because of logistical difficulties. If you're not in a position to distribute vaccines to those who need them, there's not much point in getting anything from Covax or ordering on your own.

Susan1

As of Tuesday, Nov. 16, ODH reports a total of 1,614,054 (+5,639) cases, leading to 82,907 (+459) hospitalizations and 10,447 (+53) admissions into the ICU. A total of 6,615,033 people — or 56.59% of the state’s population — have at least started the vaccination process, an increase of 11,964 from the previous day.

ODH reported 170 deaths Tuesday, bringing the total to 25,813.

As of Wednesday, Nov. 17, ODH reports a total of 1,620,436 (+6,382) cases, leading to 83,242 (+335) hospitalizations and 10,479 (+32) admissions into the ICU. A total of 6,627,749 people — or 56.7% of the state’s population — have at least started the vaccination process, an increase of 13,275 from the previous day.

As of Thursday, Nov. 18, ODH reports a total of 1,627,051 (+6,615) cases, leading to 83,519 (+277) hospitalizations and 10,503 (+24) admissions into the ICU. A total of 6,644,915 people — or 56.85% of the state’s population — have at least started the vaccination process, an increase of 17,281 from the previous day.

The 21-day case average stands at 4,336, a one-day increase of 116 cases.

"In the last two weeks, about 70 of Ohio’s 609 public school districts stopped requiring masks, according to the Ohio Department of Education’s school district mask model data.

The shift away from school mask mandates comes as *********-19 cases and hospitalizations declined in Ohio for several weeks."

manhn

Canada will require all essential workers, including truck drivers, as well as other groups, like pro athletes, to be fully vaccinated by Jan 15 2022 if they want to come into Canada.

Canada will drop the PCR testing requirement on November 30 for Canadians returning to Canada on trips shorter than 72 hours. Trips to Trader Joes!!!

ETA: How will the border agents know that our trips are within 72 hours? And what happens if you get to the border at hour 68 but due to a huge lineup you reach the border agent at hour 73?

Last edited:

Judy

Canada will require all essential workers, including truck drivers, as well as other groups, like pro athletes, to be fully vaccinated by Jan 15 2022 if they want to come into Canada.

Canada will drop the PCR testing requirement on November 30 for Canadians returning to Canada on trips shorter than 72 hours. Trips to Trader Joes!!!

ETA: How will the border agents know that our trips are within 72 hours? And what happens if you get to the border at hour 68 but due to a huge lineup you reach the border agent at hour 73?
Cameras capture your license plate entering and departing likely has time on it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information