News & Experiences continued

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
so continuing, I got a notice from my doctor's office about ******** and how they are adapting and they said they are able to test for ********.

I thought it was hard to get tests?

snoopy

Idris Elba and tormond from game of thrones has it. Neither has serious symptoms so my political snark is clearly the rich and famous have few access problems.

also thousands of people who don’t know it must have the *****. I know the 100k said by the Ohio doh was an overstatement but I think they settled around 30k having it without knowing in Ohio.

once_upon

Voter
First day of total social distancing-no bowling, no church. Only went to get the mail. I'm feeling panicked and isolated. But am scared to go anywhere. Description of the ***** on lungs and fear of dying is real
That and the coming recession, collapse of the economy because everything is shut down. Terrifying

Mozart

I've got 99 problems but a colon ain't 1
I have j tube change tomorrow (3rd one in 4 weeks) at the hospital and as of today it is still a go. Hoping not to get a call tomorrow to cancel it

Aceon6

Isolating from mean people
I have j tube change tomorrow (3rd one in 4 weeks) at the hospital and as of today it is still a go. Hoping not to get a call tomorrow to cancel it
Tell them they’d better get it right this time and warn them that you have an army to back you up! Fingers crossed for you.

rfisher

Let the skating begin

Mozart

I've got 99 problems but a colon ain't 1
Tell them they’d better get it right this time and warn them that you have an army to back you up! Fingers crossed for you.
Thanks. This tube is going to be the same one I had before all of these changes so it should be good. Little worried about the waiting room as I'm immunosuppressed but I get it changed in interventional radiology which is very, very sterile.

mag

First day of total social distancing-no bowling, no church. Only went to get the mail. I'm feeling panicked and isolated. But am scared to go anywhere. Description of the ***** on lungs and fear of dying is real
That and the coming recession, collapse of the economy because everything is shut down. Terrifying

I think being alone makes everything much worse. My dh will be home, finally, tomorrow night. There is so much I could have been doing the last few days, but I feel paralyzed. It is weird because when my kids were young it never occurred to me that I would face something I couldn’t handle. Even when dh was away for weeks on end, even when his employment situation was in chaos, I always knew I could handle whatever life threw at me. Suddenly that seems to have left me. I am part of the older, at risk group. If I get this I will need a ventilator and that is terrifying.

Big virtual hug 🤗

rosewood

MTT Meter= 165, has drawn 320K so far
Seems people around my generation re-started Billy's Boot Camp with their kids during this self-isolation period. haha That's not only me! And today I found Billy's gonna release his new version of the DVD. That's how to do your business. :lol:

ETA:

Last edited:

sk8nlizard

Our hospital's infection dz doc confirmed today to not use NASIDS. We all ran to see how much Tylenol we had. :lol:
I made my husband go out last night and get more kids Tylenol when I read this. I had bought mostly Motrin bc it works better with my kids but I was worried when I read this study. I have 2 bottles of Tylenol for us adults, so hopefully that would be enough. I can’t take Motrin due to bp issues and the fact that I have suspected lupus. They don’t want me to do anything that might hurt my kidneys.

quartz

almost, but not quite
Aspirin is a NASID, so I'd guess no.
Crap - I asked yesterday as all I keep in hand is Aleve, and Aspirin was suggested so I went and got some. Looks like I’ll be searching out Tylenol tomorrow.

ballettmaus

I kept seeing on Facebook that we aren't supposed to take ibuprofen/paracetomol if we have the *****, but no explanation for why, so I thought I would share this: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/*********-19-nsaids-ibuprofen/

I can't take ibuprofen anyway, so that's one less decision for me.

Don't know if the paracetamol in the US is different than the one in Europe but European news outlets say, it's okay as it's the same as Tylenol.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...matory-drugs-may-aggravate-********-infection

MacMadame

Staying at home
Our hospital's infection dz doc confirmed today to not use NASIDS. We all ran to see how much Tylenol we had. :lol:
I bought a bottle a few weeks ago when I was injured (I was told to take 500mg 4-6 hours after the prescription Aleve if it was starting to wear off.)

rosewood

MTT Meter= 165, has drawn 320K so far
I kept seeing on Facebook that we aren't supposed to take ibuprofen/paracetomol if we have the *****, but no explanation for why, so I thought I would share this: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/*********-19-nsaids-ibuprofen/

I can't take ibuprofen anyway, so that's one less decision for me.
I thought paracetomol is OK if it's not overdose. No? From your post:
*********-19 — Taking anti-inflammatory drugs (ibuprofen, cortisone, …) could be a factor in worsening the infection. If you have a fever, take paracetamol [also known as acetaminophen]. If you are already on anti-inflammatory drugs or in doubt, ask your doctor for advice.

once_upon

Voter
Watching The Voice. I hope everyone realizes that this was taped long before the no hugging recommendations. I wonder how they will handle the live shows without an audience.

quartz

almost, but not quite
Ahem. I told you to buy Tylenol. Why does no one listen to me? :drama:

:D
Didn’t someone else say Aspirin?? No worries, I only bought a small bottle and it was on sale. One point of my privilege I am really aware of now is that I have a car and a very good cash flow and can run myself all over town getting supplies. It’s unsettling to realize how many people may be struggling just to get to the grocery store.

MacMadame

Staying at home
Watching The Voice. I hope everyone realizes that this was taped long before the no hugging recommendations. I wonder how they will handle the live shows without an audience.
I had Ellen on in the background because I didn't want to turn off the tv and back on again (it takes two remotes to do it and dh keeps moving one of them). I was cringing watching all the close contact even though I'm sure it was taped a while ago.

Didn’t someone else say Aspirin??
They did and I saw that and decided just to post to take Tylenol rather than say NO ASPIRIN because I didn't want that person to feel bad. I know, silly of me. We're all big girls here.

Also, I used the generic terms in case it's not called Tylenol in other countries so it might not have stood out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information