News and Updates about Russia's War against Ukraine.

text_skate

What are the news?
Treasury Sanctions Kremlin Elites, Leaders, Oligarchs, and Family for Enabling Putin’s War Against Ukraine

Navka is on the list

Karen-W

Neither sexy nor sultry, but loving life!
Lol. This is what the Treasury Dept says about Navka (as well as Peskov's 2 adult children)...

Today, OFAC is designating three of Peskov’s family members, all of whom live luxurious lifestyles that are incongruous with Peskov’s civil servant salary and are likely built on the ill-gotten wealth of Peskov’s connections to Putin.

Peskov’s wife, Tatiana Aleksandrovna Navka (Navka), has a property empire worth more than $10 million. Her real estate includes property in an elite Moscow suburb where Putin also lives, another multimillion-dollar apartment in Moscow given to her by the GoR, and an apartment in Ukraine’s Crimean peninsula, which Russia has occupied since 2014. She first gained notoriety when she won a gold medal in ice dancing representing Russia at the 2006 Winter Olympics and later hosted an ice dancing show on Russia’s state-owned pro-Kremlin Channel One.

Treasury also designated Peskov’s two adult children, Nikolay Peskov (Nikolay) and Elizaveta Dmitriyevna Peskova (Liza). Nikolay grew up in the United Kingdom but moved back to Russia to serve in the army, and later worked for the Russian propaganda outlet RT. Nikolay reportedly has access to a number of luxury vehicles and travels on private aircraft and yachts. Liza has tens of thousands of followers on social media, where she displays her luxurious lifestyle. She previously interned for a member of the European Parliament who publicly supported Russia’s attempted annexation of Ukraine’s Crimea region.

Navka, Nikolay, and Liza are all being designated today pursuant to E.O. 14024 for being a spouse or adult child of Peskov, a person whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to E.O. 14024.

I'm dying at Navka being NOTORIOUS for winning ice dancing gold. Beyond that, $10m in property ownership is small potatoes and why is it hard to believe that she couldn't have made bank off that gold medal and invested in property?

Last edited:

VALuvsMKwan

Wandering Goy
Lol. This is what the Treasury Dept says about Navka (as well as Peskov's 2 adult children)...

I'm dying at Navka being NOTIORIOUS for winning ice dancing gold. Beyond that, $10m in property ownership is small potatoes and why is it hard to believe that she couldn't have made bank off that gold medal and invested in property?
I would be very glad to have gained ownership of those small potatoes. :eek:

Allskate

Beyond that, $10m in property ownership is small potatoes and why is it hard to believe that she couldn't have made bank off that gold medal and invested in property?

It says that she has a multi-million dollar apartment given to her by the Russian government. More importantly, it says that she is being designated because she is Peskov's spouse.

I'm sure she probably still has plenty of headbands and makeup in her multiple homes.

Karen-W

C'mon, folks! She's NOTIORIOUS for winning ice dancing Olympic gold! Can we just start calling her Notorious T.A.N. now? (Tatiana Aleksandrovna Navka)

Sylvia

Happy 2023! :)
Amid Mariupol horror, a newborn rests in her mother’s arms (March 11):
The Twitter account for the Russian Embassy in London claimed she was not a victim, but a beauty blogger and model who was posing as two different pregnant women.
While Vishegirskaya is a Ukrainian blogger in Mariupol who posts about skin care, makeup and cosmetics, there is no evidence that she was anything but a patient at the hospital. She has posted multiple photos and videos on Instagram documenting her pregnancy in the past few months, and in one, she can be seen wearing the same polka-dot pajamas as on Wednesday.
AP reporters in Mariupol who documented the attack in video and photos saw the victims and damage first-hand – and nothing to indicate the hospital was used as anything other than a hospital.
Twitter has since removed the Russian Embassy’s tweets, and existing links are directed to a notice that says the posts violated Twitter’s rules.
ETA:

Last edited:

Karen-W

At least she gets to keep her collection. Reading the news, I was afraid it had been confiscated 😱😂
Well, as long as she's kept it at her house in Moscow, she should be able to keep the collection. Any property she still owns in the US is going to be confiscated by the IRS, I'm sure, lol. :rofl:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
This is a sweet article:

Bad news:

Finally:

For this one, I will now await all the people who cried "censorship" when social media companies tried to stop misinformation to say the same thing about Russia keeping all outside news from their people.

Karen-W

That Republicans were fans in the first place of a Russian autocrat in the first place is quite the shift from when I was growing up in the 1980s. :shuffle:
Not all Republicans were fans of him. I know I wasn't - and that is a big reason why I held my nose and voted for Trump in 2016 - because I had ZERO respect for the appeasement/reset strategy employed by the Obama administration and the job HRC did as Secretary of State. But, then again, US foreign policy for the last two decades has been absolute shit, from both sides of the political aisle.

hoptoad

I know I've read a couple of these letters purportedly from a FSB analyst on twitter, and I'm sure they've been posted before, but here they are in one place:

It sounds like a lot of chaos with no one at the top having good or complete information. This is one of the general themes:
The current situation is such that no one anywhere has reliable information on complex issues. The reports that go through me are then corrected by the leadership to be politically correct - more positivity, less negativity. These rosy reports are then again massaged to be even more rosy - and false. So, everything is very good here – I know this for sure.

marininswife

Is anyone else disappointed by the deafening silence of prominent figure skaters on Ukrainia's plight? Scott Hamilton, Kristy Yamaguchi, Brian Boitano. For them the world has not changed a bit. Katia Gordeeva is posing on Instagram grinning ear to ear. You'd think given the large number of Ukrainians in the skating community and the fact that many of them have been their close friends and some of them are now in danger, they'd at least show some compassion for what is happening in Ukraine. I find it really off putting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information