News and Updates about Russia's War against Ukraine.

airgelaal

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere on FSU - Oliver Stone’s excellent and balanced documentary on the history of the troubles in Ukraine. You won’t hear any of this on standard news outlets in any of the countries involved, e.g., the decades-old nationalist movement in Ukraine, the funneling of Soros $$$ to western NGOs bent on toppling regimes, US diplomats’ contempt of the EU (“f*** the EU”). This doesn’t legitimize Russia’s actions but may help to explain distrust.

This film is pro-Kremlin propaganda. Balanced? Are you kidding me? He interviewed only Putin and pro-Russian politics.
I wonder, how much he was paid to make this film and if he is able to sleep now.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
There is only one way. The same way Berlin got food in 1948/49. The question is, would there be a place to land and would Russia let them do it or would they shoot down the planes?
I only just recently learnt about The Holdomor which starved Urkranians from 1932 to 33.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love!
Oh boy that is some dog whistle right there.
Spoken as an unbalanced moron. Truth hurts, doesn’t it? Watch the film again - with Ukrainian leaders too. And listen to the Obama-appointed patsy & the US ambassador state “F*** the EU!”

text_skate

In understanding the different historical narratives I found this article very helpful. It's quite long, but the matter is really complex.

Ukraine and Russia: Legacies of the Imperial past and Competing Memories

by Prof. (emeritus) Andreas Kappeler, published in 2014, eastern European expert, Wikipedia entry
I analyse the different discourses and the Ukrainian and Russian historical narratives, politics of history and competing memories.
for those, who understand German, there is this video on youtube about history of Ukraine by Kappeler:
Competing Narratives of Ukrainian History

Last edited:

airgelaal

Spoken as an unbalanced moron. Truth hurts, doesn’t it? Watch the film again - with Ukrainian leaders too. And listen to the Obama-appointed patsy & the US ambassador state “F*** the EU!”
Stop lying!!! What ukrainian leaders? pro-russian cowards who run away? You want them to say, that they were at fault?
Well-balanced film. A joke of a day.

airgelaal

Russian delegation think, that ukrainian delegation ignored dress-code. DRESS-CODE!!! People dying but they are offended by the T-shirt

Asli

A moment of levity:

Yahoo Entertainment: John Oliver Rebuffs George W. Bush’s Condemnation of Russian Invasion: ‘You Are Not The Guy for This One’.
That clip from Putin's security council is so chilling! :eek:
Good job that Naryshkin guy didn't have a heart attack there and then. He must be cursing the day he decided to climb the ranks of the security services.
Is it worth it? Honestly! :rolleyes:

Have you all seen Ianucci's film "The Death of Stalin"?
One tends to think the actors exagerrate the absolute fear and horror shown by grown men at the highest offices, but this clip is one of the cases in which reality surpasses fiction!

Taso

That clip from Putin's security council is so chilling! :eek:
Good job that Naryshkin guy didn't have a heart attack there and then. He must be cursing the day he decided to climb the ranks of the security services.
Is it worth it? Honestly! :rolleyes:

Have you all seen Ianucci's film "The Death of Stalin"?
One tends to think the actors exagerrate the absolute fear and horror shown by grown men at the highest offices, but this clip is one of the cases in which reality surpasses fiction!
I keep thinking of this film...

reut

Judy

There is a story on Fox News that the 13 Ukrainians on Snake Island were not killed but captured by the Russians and taken to Sevastopol.

Can someone else verify this story from another source.
I found this.

ChelleC

Anti-quad activist
Russian delegation think, that ukrainian delegation ignored dress-code. DRESS-CODE!!! People dying but they are offended by the T-shirt
So I guess the Russians expected the Ukrainian delegation to change into suits and ties while the Russians were bombing Kyiv.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information