News and Updates about Russia's War against Ukraine.

reut

Official: Russia has abducted almost 14,000 Ukrainian children.

Daria Herasymchuk, Ukraine’s presidential advisor for children’s rights and rehabilitation, reported on Jan. 17 that only 125 children, who were illegally deported to Russia, have been returned to Ukraine.
https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent/status/1615510793277030407

(For those who don't know, situation with orphans in russia is awful and there are thousands of russian children who could be saved by adoption, but instead that they chose to steal and create more orphans. It doesn't have any logic, it's pure evil and an additional tactic of genocide...)

Sylvia

Happy 2023! :)
A helicopter carrying Ukraine’s interior minister and other government officials crashed Wednesday in a residential area near the capital of Kyiv, killing him and about a dozen other people, including a child on the ground, authorities said.
Interior Minister Denys Monastyrskyi, who oversaw the country’s police and emergency services, is the most senior official killed since Russia invaded nearly 11 months ago. His death, along with two others from his ministry, was the second calamity in four days to befall Ukraine, after a Russian missile struck an apartment building in the southeastern city of Dnipro, killing dozens of civilians [45 people, including six children].
British Home Secretary Suella Braverman called the 42-year-old Monastyrskyi “a leading light in supporting the Ukrainian people during (Russian President Vladimir) Putin’s illegal invasion.” She said she was “struck by his determination, optimism and patriotism.”
Monastyrskyi was in charge of police and emergency services that dealt with the consequences of Russian strikes and de-mining, political analyst Volodymyr Fesenko told The Associated Press.
:(
On Wednesday afternoon, mourners gathered in front of a small church not far from the destroyed building. Relatives, neighbors and friends came to say goodbye to a couple, Maksym and Nataliia Shvets, that died under the rubble.
“They are heroes of Ukraine because, in their peaceful life, they suffered for the whole country,” Vitalii Lopushanskyi, an Orthodox priest, said during the memorial service.
The couple’s daughter, Anastasiia Shvets, 23, accepted hugs from dozens of people wanting to support her after the loss of both her parents. A photograph of Shvets that went viral, taken Saturday when she was trapped on an upper floor, showed her with her hands over her mouth, stunned.
ETA the photo of Shvets: https://twitter.com/thetimes/status/1615091820014321666

ETA - the USA pair team of Smirnova/Siianytsia are from Dnipro; fortunately their families are safe per Hersh's article:
https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...to-other-countries.107351/page-6#post-6368170

Last edited:

airgelaal

Official: Russia has abducted almost 14,000 Ukrainian children.

Daria Herasymchuk, Ukraine’s presidential advisor for children’s rights and rehabilitation, reported on Jan. 17 that only 125 children, who were illegally deported to Russia, have been returned to Ukraine.
https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent/status/1615510793277030407

(For those who don't know, situation with orphans in russia is awful and there are thousands of russian children who could be saved by adoption, but instead that they chose to steal and create more orphans. It doesn't have any logic, it's pure evil and an additional tactic of genocide...)
I remember russian officials complaining that some children don't know russian and sing Ukrainian patriotic songs. I'm even afraid to imagine what they do with them in order to turn them into "ideal russian children" :(

caseyedwards

Point being? Ukraine needs to be prepared for the spring offensive to regain Ukrainian territory that Russia currently occupies.
The tanks are designed to go into Russia so they can do regime change in Russia. They don’t need tanks to retake any Ukrainian territory. Ukraine is now a tool of western interests to finally end the Russia problem and install compliant government there. That’s why there is no peace talks and tanks and Patriot missiles

Tinycities

I’m more of a lurker but I’ve read enough of this thread to be annoyed that I feel as if I’m being gaslit to think that this all the west and Ukraine’s fault.

can’t do a proxy war when the country on the offense directly invades their neighbor. Don’t forget about all the ethnic cleansing they’re committing when they send hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians they’ve kidnapped deep into Russia and just dropping them there with no way home. Or what about all the kidnapped Ukrainian children stolen from their families. Infuriating.

Last edited:

caseyedwards

You can agree this is all russias doing but also this is being used now to finally end the Russia problem and is that proper? To finally Change Russia. Maine senator angus king said america needs to “get Putin out” of power? Lindsay graham says this war needs to be about “taking Putin out” and on and on! 100 billion dollars so far. No peace initiatives by Europe at all. Ukraine has already started attacking inside Russia.

Tinycities

There’s no helping people who are so deep into the propaganda, clearly.

For the record, why would Ukraine initiate peace when they’re the ones being invaded? So essentially you prefer they surrender? Why would Europe offer peace when Putin has already threatened to invade the Baltic states, who have done nothing more than continue to exist? Make it make sense.

On My Own

The tanks are designed to go into Russia so they can do regime change in Russia. They don’t need tanks to retake any Ukrainian territory. Ukraine is now a tool of western interests to finally end the Russia problem and install compliant government there. That’s why there is no peace talks and tanks and Patriot missiles
Seek help.

babayaga

You can agree this is all russias doing but also this is being used now to finally end the Russia problem and is that proper? To finally Change Russia. Maine senator angus king said america needs to “get Putin out” of power? Lindsay graham says this war needs to be about “taking Putin out” and on and on! 100 billion dollars so far. No peace initiatives by Europe at all. Ukraine has already started attacking inside Russia.
Interesting how you use the language that Russia is using against Ukraine. They said multiple times that their plan is the final solution of the Ukrainian problem.
We have no interest in going into the Russian territory. We don't even have forces to take back what they occupied this year. They started a new offensive campaign and we are loosing ground currently. But of course it is necessary to hit Russian military places in Russia that are being used to attack us.

And at this point I don't see how anyone can be against getting Putin out. He is s mass killer, maniac, sadist, and is enjoying the genocide his army is carrying out. He murdered so many people already. If you don't care about Ukrainians, at least think about how many Russians he killed and is going to kill.
He is a walking death.

caseyedwards

Interesting how you use the language that Russia is using against Ukraine. They said multiple times that their plan is the final solution of the Ukrainian problem.
We have no interest in going into the Russian territory. We don't even have forces to take back what they occupied this year. They started a new offensive campaign and we are loosing ground currently. But of course it is necessary to hit Russian military places in Russia that are being used to attack us.

And at this point I don't see how anyone can be against getting Putin out. He is s mass killer, maniac, sadist, and is enjoying the genocide his army is carrying out. He murdered so many people already. If you don't care about Ukrainians, at least think about how many Russians he killed and is going to kill.
He is a walking death.
Because you want to believe Putin will be replaced by masha gassen or Kara murza but it could be some be someone more extreme and more dangerous or no one will replace Putin at all and Russia would become Iraq after US invasion but a million times worse! Even today republican mccaul was talking about the goal being the total destruction of Russias military! And what’s the end game of that? US NATO playing with fire! They say Russia must be destroyed so China won’t take over Taiwan. Well if Russia is destroyed China can just take Russia right over! They won’t bother with Taiwan

Karen-W

Neither sexy nor sultry, but loving life!
Has anyone tried to launch a letter campaign against Fox News? Feel like it must be time to do so.
This isn't the propaganda on Fox News - not even Tucker Carlson is this nutty in his opposition to the unending spigot that is US Defense aid to Ukraine currently. None of their evening lineup is this extreme.

On My Own

This isn't the propaganda on Fox News - not even Tucker Carlson is this nutty in his opposition to the unending spigot that is US Defense aid to Ukraine currently. None of their evening lineup is this extreme.
So this is all Caseyedwards' original work/Russia bot brainwashing?

Vagabond

I put a certain someone on Ignore many years ago when he posted his justification for Russian meddling in Ukraine with his fears that otherwise Ukraine would seize Russia's navy base in Sevastopol.

I did "unignore" him briefly and saw that the despicable post had been deleted, but it remains in my memory.

I don't understand why so many of you engage with him. There is nothing to be gained.

Reuven

Official FSU Alte Kacher
I’m more of a lurker but I’ve read enough of this thread to be annoyed that I feel as if I’m being gaslit to think that this all the west and Ukraine’s fault.
Don’t tag everybody because of one idjit. “Ignore” is your friend. There are more than a few posters in this thread who are Ukrainian and/or live there and can tell you exactly what the Russian Orcs are up to.

Tinycities

Don’t tag everybody because of one idjit. “Ignore” is your friend. There are more than a few posters in this thread who are Ukrainian and/or live there and can tell you exactly what the Russian Orcs are up to.
Oh don’t worry, it was directed at some very specific people. I’m well aware lots of people on this forum are indeed very lovely, or I wouldn’t be lurking as much as I am. And thanks for the tip!

caseyedwards

So this is all Caseyedwards' original work/Russia bot brainwashing?
This has nothing to do with what Russians say. Have you listened to what senators King and Graham have said? What rep. McCaul just said? “The total destruction of russias military” - China doesn’t take over Russia in that case why? They could just take over the oil fields they currently are buying from

caseyedwards

Has anyone tried to launch a letter campaign against Fox News? Feel like it must be time to do so.
Do you watch fox? If you did you would know only one person there opposes unlimited US aid to Ukraine And that’s Carlson! Hannity would be happy to send US troops there. Most others are for nearly unlimited aid. US cares about China taking over Taiwan would they care if it took over Russia for its oil and gas?

Last edited:

Karen-W

Neither sexy nor sultry, but loving life!
Do you watch fox? If you did you would know only one person there opposes unlimited US aid to Ukraine And that’s Carlson! Hannity would be happy to send US troops there. Most others are for nearly unlimited aid. US cares about China taking over Taiwan would they care if it took over Russia for its oil and gas?
Ehhhhhh, Laura Ingraham isn't really a fan of the uncontrolled spending to arm Ukraine. She falls in the middle between Tucker and Sean, IMO.

clairecloutier

A spine-strengthening Tom Nichols piece in the Atlantic on why we need to continue aid to Ukraine:

I don’t often find myself agreeing with Senator Lindsey Graham, the South Carolina conservative who long ago rebranded himself as Donald Trump’s faithful valet and No. 1 fan. Last week, however, Graham lashed out in frustration at the dithering in Europe and America over sending more weapons to Ukraine. “I am tired of the shit show surrounding who is going to send tanks and when they’re gonna send them,” he said during a press conference in Kyiv, flanked by Democratic Senators Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut and Sheldon Whitehouse of Rhode Island. “World order is at stake. [Vladimir] Putin is trying to rewrite the map of Europe by force of arms.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information