News and Updates about Russia's War against Ukraine.

hoptoad

text_skate

And when you scroll down, the fine song ends on a sad note: Ukrainian composer Mykola Dmytrovych Leontovych was killed by Russian occupiers in 1921 because he was popularizing Ukrainian culture, by a chekist by the name of Afanasy Grishchenko.
The more I know about Ukraine, the more I get the feeling: each time you hear, see, feel something beautiful, you'll just have to scratch a little bit and the horrors of the last century emerge

Dobre

text_skate

The Ukrainian Data Journalism Agency Texty published an interesting investigation on their website. They used open-source information about Russia’s potential agents in Europe & visualised the findings.

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
May it be the last such huge barrage 🙏

The Kremlin's internal polling shows only 25% of Russians favor continuing the war in Ukraine and 55% support peace talks, an independent Russian media outlet says.

Meduza says it obtained access to the survey conducted last month by the Russian Federal Protective Service. The results are markedly different from a July survey that showed 57% of Russians favored the war.

text_skate

Hm. Not sure, if this is the right direction of action
The U.S. secretly modified the advanced Himars rocket launchers it gave Ukraine so they can’t be used to fire long-range missiles into Russia, U.S. officials said, a precaution the Biden administration says is necessary to reduce the risk of a wider war with Moscow.
(made link free to read)

Hedwig

WoolSilk Fanatic
It is in German but good news: The countries of the European Union managed to use 25%(!) less gas than in the average of the last four years. Not only in summer but during the cold November as well.
People are very willing to look for alternatives or shut down high energy using spectacles or are using energy more efficient. Like our bakery who now has a more efficient system and only uses the oven 4 hours anday instead of 8 hours previously where it often was on without any bread inside. Now they are planning to the minute so that the oven is only on when used.
A great example how to be more energy efficient without a lot of investment and how prices shape behavior
This is good news also insofar as this kind of behavior and all the new investments are here to stay so even less incentive to use Russian oil in the distant future

Dobre

Various posts last night about explosions at Engels Air Force base and a Russian airfield near Ryazan, both in Russia. (And that's about all I can tell is confirmed at this time as Russian reports aren't reliable).

----

Thread by Mark Hertling on the possible expansion of the U.S.'s training program of Ukrainian forces in Germany:

Related article.

----

Hm. Not sure, if this is the right direction of action
Ukraine, itself, is developing long-range something, no? I read a post about it yesterday, though all I'm finding article-wise is this from October. Of course development & production are two different things. (Nonetheless, the capability would potentially impact Russia's response to Ukraine).

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races

More info on the two strikes inside Russia

Ukraine has converted something to a kamikaze drone with a 1000 km range. One strike is quite close to Moscow.

Apparently Iranian drones are less used now-they are not performing well in cold weather 😅

caseyedwards

does Russia have any bigger weapons to use in Ukraine or they all gone? Non Nukes of course. I mean what is going on with this lack of defense on Russian territory

babayaga

does Russia have any bigger weapons to use in Ukraine or they all gone? Non Nukes of course. I mean what is going on with this lack of defense on Russian territory
I think they are already using everything they have. They have lots more of those missiles of course, but it doesn't seem that they have anything they haven't tried yet.

caseyedwards

I think they are already using everything they have. They have lots more of those missiles of course, but it doesn't seem that they have anything they haven't tried yet.
I have to wonder because if Ukraine is now going to use lots of nato military aide to attack places inside Russia- Russia is going to have to attack big. Unless it can’t. Then who knows if Ukraine goes to Moscow

airgelaal

I have to wonder because if Ukraine is now going to use lots of nato military aide to attack places inside Russia- Russia is going to have to attack big. Unless it can’t. Then who knows if Ukraine goes to Moscow
NATO did not provide weapons with which Ukraine could attack russia. Moreover, this is one of the conditions.
Unfortunately. Otherwise, I'm sure the war would have ended long ago. As long as the russians don't hear the sirens on their streets, they will continue to support the war.

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
The Guardian published an article about the warrior librarians of Ukraine and how they are preserving Ukraine's books and records while under brutal and targeted attack by Russia.

reut

The Kremlin's internal polling shows only 25% of Russians favor continuing the war in Ukraine and 55% support peace talks, an independent Russian media outlet says.
I know that numbers were higher, that it shows "improvement", but I was horrified to see it. 25%, one quarter of 140 million population are basically orcs who don't care not only about neighbouring nation and their civil population but about their own sons/fathers/brothers as well.
As for the "peace talks", let's not forget that what russians mean when they say "peace talks" is not really that but full surrender by Ukraine (accepting that the occupied land stays in russia, etc).

Last edited:

text_skate

Ukraine, itself, is developing long-range something, no? I read a post about it yesterday, though all I'm finding article-wise is this from October. Of course development & production are two different things. (Nonetheless, the capability would potentially impact Russia's response to Ukraine).
I was thinking more along the lines, that I'm not sure that US should modified Himars rocket launchers, so that Ukraine can't reach RUS territory with them (although I understand it from a strategic point of view, not dragging NATO into the war etc etc). I think Ukrainians are within their right to defend themselves by destroying rocket launch bases in Russia.

I hope Ukraine has enough knowlegde and capacity to develop something, that can reach their tormentors. I think during soviet times there were quite a few weapon manufacturers in Ukraine. I don't know how many survived in post-soviet times and in what condition.

Dobre

I don't think the U.S. believes Russia would be within its rights to give Cuba long range missiles that could reach the U.S.

There's no comparison as the U.S. is not invading Cuba.

But I think this is the line the U.S. has, thus far, been walking politically on this subject. Along with the nuclear power threat, of course.

I don't think the U.S. doubts that Ukraine has the right to attack Russian military targets. (We would certainly do it if Russia attacked us).

Dobre

Another prisoner exchange today & the release of more Mariupol defenders:

----

:mad: (Seems like Russia is getting semi-conductors from someone).

----

"another Ukrainian drone attack on a Russian airbase. This time, Kursk airfield"

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information