News and Updates about Russia's War against Ukraine.

Meoima

According to Russia "The unexpected reveal of "innocent patients" with assault rifles showcased how the Ukrainian military uses ambulances." Their proof? A video of 21 sec. What do we see? Investigate! Thread:
CONCLUSION: The images of Ukrainian soldiers getting out of a van with a red cross are real. However, they are part of a longer video which contains several indications that it is a humanitarian evacuation from Irpin accompanied by Ukrainian soldiers.
That context was absent from the Twitter message under investigation. Without that context, the message is misleading.

A Russian missile killed at least three Ukrainian citizens on April 16 in Kyiv. This was NO ordinary attack: it was initiated by volunteers using OSINT . Investigation on KILLER COORDINATES: https://t.co/x5Kbvkc2JA

reut

Tracking where Russia is taking Ukraine's stolen grain

"They take grain to the annexed Crimea first, where they transport it to Kerch or Sevastopol [ports], then they load Ukrainian grain on Russian ships and go to the Kerch Strait," says Andrii Klymenko, an expert at the Institute for Black Sea Strategic Studies in Kyiv, who regularly monitors movements of ships around Crimea.
"There, in the Kerch Strait [between Crimea and Russia], they transfer Ukrainian grain from small ships on to bulk carriers, where it is mixed with grain from Russia - or in some cases, they sail to this area just to give the appearance they are loading up with Russian grain."
He adds this is then exported with Russian certificates, saying that it's Russian grain.

Additional reason not to buy anything "made in russia", it might be stolen and then "exported with ru certificate".

Meoima

Turkey lifts veto over Sweden, Finland's NATO bid. Turkey, Finland and Sweden signed a trilateral memorandum confirming that Turkey will support the invitation of Finland and Sweden to become members of NATO at the NATO summit in Madrid on June 28-30. According to a statement by the President of Finland Sauli Niinistö, the concrete steps of the two countries' accession to NATO will be agreed by the NATO allies "in the next two days."

Politico:
Ukrainian forces training to use NASAMS air defense system before its delivery to Ukraine. Sources told Politico that a NASAMS, a medium-to-long-range surface-to-air missile-defense system, is expected to be among the next batch of heavy weapons approved for Ukraine.

Russian troops kidnapped mayor of Kherson Earlier, Ihor Kolykhayev refused to collaborate with RU occupation authorities. On June 28, FSB & Rosgvardia conducted a search & removed hard drives, while mayor was in separate office in handcuffs, his adviser Halyna Liashevska informs

Russia schedules a referendum on the annexation of Donetsk Oblast for September 11 The occupation administrations received instructions to prepare the places of voting & commissions, mayor's aide Petro Andriushchenko informs

Vagabond

Turkey agreed Tuesday to lift its opposition to Sweden and Finland joining NATO, ending an impasse that had clouded a leaders' summit opening in Madrid amid Europe's worst security crisis in decades, triggered by the war in Ukraine.

After urgent top-level talks with leaders of the three countries, alliance Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said that "we now have an agreement that paves the way for Finland and Sweden to join NATO." He called it "a historic decision."
😌

Of course, our in-house appeaser will see this as a provocation. Tough! :barrel

Meoima

It's day 125 of Ukraine war. The Russian embassy in the UK claims yesterday's attack in Kremenchuk was a precision strike on an arms depot. They leave out the fact CCTV footage and satellite images clearly show another Russian missile hit a shopping centre south of the plant. Pro-Kremlin users and Russian officials have also claimed the Kremenchuk shopping centre was "empty" and "non-functioning". There are multiple videos and images taken by local residents in the last few days that confirm the shopping centre was open and operating as normal.

Maksym was at his job in an electronics store at a Kremenchuk shopping mall on Monday, serving customers buying air conditioners to combat the summer heat. Then a missile struck the mall.

Russia claimed the Kremenchuk shopping centre was “not functioning” when it fired its missiles. And claimed it hit a nearby factory - from where the fire spread to the shops. Everyone we met here today said these were lies.

New June 28th high resolution satellite imagery from @Planet shows the destroyed #Kremenchug shopping mall, damage to the factory complex, and no damage to the train station, highlighted in this claim from the Russian Embassy.

airgelaal

Now there is a lot of talk about a possible attack by the belarusian troops. And I'm tired of being afraid.
But if this happens, then the second wave of refugees will be no less than the first. In these regions there were those who left their dangerous places, but wanted to stay in Ukraine. And I'm not sure that Europe is ready for this wave.

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
Regarding NATO & its "Intensified Dialogue" with certain nations... but that's a big deal considering Russia's border with Finland. I'm trying to find an article I read some time ago noting certain military storage/bases that Russia keeps in that corner.

Not for nothing with Sweden, of course. Having the Nordic nations unified is excellent. I'm just biased as someone with familial ties to Finland. ;)

I'm hoping this really does help improve things on the front with Ukraine. I feel we're just getting accustomed to this war and it's becoming part of the general news buzz. That's the last thing we need to happen.

Now there is a lot of talk about a possible attack by the belarusian troops. And I'm tired of being afraid.
But if this happens, then the second wave of refugees will be no less than the first. In these regions there were those who left their dangerous places, but wanted to stay in Ukraine. And I'm not sure that Europe is ready for this wave.

I'm so sorry, @airgelaal . I have nothing but empty words. I'm afraid of stupid things all the time, and I'm continually blown away by the courage and bravery you and every remaining Ukrainian citizen is forced to show in the face of real, true fear/danger.

I want the world to do better by you on this. If there's nothing else, Europe & the world better BE ready to at least do right by any further refugee waves, if we're not going to stop those waves from being necessary.

Last edited:

Asli

I thought Scholz was a pragmatic and slightly timid politician, trying to finish his term with as little harm as possible.

Turns out he's a darker character than I thought, according to this little bit of unabashed light-heartedness in the face of the pain of the Ukrainians.

It's one joke, but it has completely changed him in my eyes. Arrogant so and so! :mad:

Last edited:

Asli

Turkey lifts veto over Sweden, Finland's NATO bid. Turkey, Finland and Sweden signed a trilateral memorandum confirming that Turkey will support the invitation of Finland and Sweden to become members of NATO at the NATO summit in Madrid on June 28-30. According to a statement by the President of Finland Sauli Niinistö, the concrete steps of the two countries' accession to NATO will be agreed by the NATO allies "in the next two days."

Turkey has received all concessions it demanded from Finland and Sweden, including the ones they had previously declared "against their constitution".

Last edited:

Meoima

After President Vladimir Putin slashed flows on the main link to Europe by 60 percent, experts in Chancellor Olaf Scholz’s administration this week worked out the scenarios and none of them led to sufficient reserves to make it through the winter.
“That was the sobering moment,” Klaus Mueller, who heads Germany’s network regulator known as BNetzA, said Friday in an interview with Deutschlandfunk radio. “If we have a very, very cold winter, if we are careless and far too generous with gas, then it will not be pretty.”
The risks extend beyond beyond a recession, and a winter of freezing homes and shuttered factories. For decades, Germany has prospered off the back of cheap gas. The answer to the growing economy’s needs more often than not was a new pipeline to Russia.
That era is now over, and companies from BASF to Volkswagen Group are coming to terms with the new reality.
In response to the grim prospects, Germany -- which still relies on Russia for more than a third of its gas supplies -- elevated its threat level to the second-highest “alarm” stage on Thursday. If the squeeze gets tighter, Germany could start rationing supplies.

I am not defending Scholz, but IMO one reason among many of his reluctance towards Ukraine is because of gas.

Asli

Meoima

Anyway... I didn't know The Beatles were MI6. Putin's propaganda campaign going in strange directions.
:shuffle: :shuffle: :shuffle: :shuffle: :shuffle: :shuffle: :watch::watch::watch::watch::watch:
---
BREAKING: Norway announces that it will send long-range rocket artillery to Ukraine. The US transfers of multiple launch rocket systems to Ukraine is encouraging other NATO countries to follow suit. Norway is sending 3 long-range rocket artillery systems with the help of Britain.

Meoima

VILNIUS/BRUSSELS, June 29 (Reuters) - Trade through Lithuania to the Russian exclave of Kaliningrad could return to normal within days, two sources familiar with the matter said, as European officials edge towards a compromise deal with the Baltic state to defuse a row with Moscow.
Kaliningrad, which is bordered by European Union states and relies on railways and roads through Lithuania for most goods, has been cut off from some freight transport from mainland Russia since June 17 under sanctions imposed by Brussels.
European officials are in talks about exempting the territory from sanctions, which have hit industrial goods such as steel so far, paving the way for a deal in early July if EU member Lithuania drops its reservations, said the people, who declined to be named because the discussions are private.
The row over the Russian exclave's isolation is testing Europe's resolve to enforce sanctions imposed following Russia's invasion of Ukraine, fuelling fears of an escalation after other restrictions pushed Russia to default on its debt.
While Western powers have pledged to stand up for Ukraine, reiterating their resolve at both G7 and NATO summits this week, it is proving hard for Europe both to stand by strict sanctions and avoid further escalation with Russia.
That's why European officials, with the backing of Germany, are seeking a compromise to resolve one of their many conflicts with Moscow, said one of the people.
If the traditional route for Russian goods to Kaliningrad, first via its ally Belarus and then Lithuania, is not restored, the Baltic state fears Moscow could use military force to plough a land corridor through its territory, the person said.

In short, they need cheap gas from Russia. They can not live without it for now.

Meoima

I was born in a Ukrainian-speaking family. both my mom and dad preferred speaking Russian in public since they were conditioned by the colonial rule that it was the only way to appear “educated”, advance professionally. They kept speaking Ukrainian only to their parents. They encouraged me to speak Russian, sent me to a Russian-language school since it was perceived to be more prestigious. that’s how i ended up learning proper ukrainian only in my late teenage years. i learned all things Ukraine through Russian and Russia-influenced curriculum...
Thread on how Russian is used as a form of colonization, people with same experience share their thoughts in the thread and quotes as well: https://twitter.com/maksymeristavi/status/1541694979768307713

Meoima

This news is hot on twitter right now:
HBO and Warner Media and CNN just signed a contract with Russian media platform Amediateka to provide latest shows and support translating that to russian, after 4 months of the terrible war in Ukraine
Russian source https://t.co/gICyO0FiBc

Online cinema "Amediateka" announced the release of new HBO premieres.
Here's what you can see:
  1. Westworld, season four, premieres June 30.
  2. "Time to Win" - new series from July 2.
  3. "Our Flag Means Death" is a new series from July 2.
  4. "Raised by Wolves" is a new series from July 4.
  5. "Flight Attendant," the second season premieres July 14.
  6. Barry, the third season, premieres in July.
  7. "We Own This City," a miniseries, premieres in July.
  8. The Staircase, a miniseries, premieres in July.
In addition, the service has already appeared new episodes of the comedy show with Taika Waititi "Our flag means death" - also from HBO. At the same time, the world premiere of the fourth season of Westworld took place on June 26, four days earlier than in Amediateka. Until February 24, the delay between the world and Russian premieres of HBO series was most often a day or less.
I googled and it seems the deal was signed in 2021?

So it is wrong to say "just signed". But more like HBO and Warner Media did not pull out?

cholla

Grand Duchess of Savoie - Marquessa of Chartreuse
Last edited:

Meoima

Seriously?? What about me being actually Snow White? Let me introduce you all to my seven dwarves... How can anyone, even born with the IQ of an oyster, can swallow this kind of grotesque BS?
Well there are Trumpists and Q-Anon believers so... :shuffle: :shuffle: :shuffle: :shuffle:

Anyway:
I went through social media platforms of the most famous Russian dissidents who left Russia this year. Great to see they are enjoying life in the West but it’s disgraceful they aren’t sharing on social media information about the war in Russia with their friends in Russia. It’s telling.

IMO either they are scared of what might happen back home to people they know in Russia, or people who might come to them, or they just do not care.

Hedwig

WoolSilk Fanatic
Doesn't mean he has to make fun of the situation as seen above.
I don’t think it was making fun.

But pure arrogance. „I know better and I just played with the big boys“ arrogance after hosting G7 and feeling important.

Gosh, at times I wish we would have new elections. Between Scholz and the egoistic FDP blocking every sensible idea at the moment, I can rarely read the news without wanting to pull my toe nails out.

Meoima

According to the Russian news agency RIA, the Trans-Siberian railway connecting Moscow to the Far East was blocked today due to 19 cars derailed between Sgibeevo and Bolshaya Omutnaya. Some attribute this accident to the sabotage, but that's unconfirmed. While the best thing Westerners can do to undermine the Russian war effort would be pressuring German companies, especially Siemens and Heidenhain to disconnect their equipment on the Russian military factories, the best thing Russians can do is railway sabotage. Daily reminder that the German producers do not give the Russian consumers full control over their tools, so these tools require constant maintenance. Russians are not allowed to interfere much into their functioning, changing key parameters, etc Russian military industry is fully dependent upon the German machine tools and especially on CNCs. Even "Russian"/"Belarusian" tools have German CNCs. And judging from the Russian technologists' forums, German producers do not give Russians full control over these machines. There is no evidence that the German machine tools on the Russian military plants stopped working. Considering that the German producers are reported to have control over these tools, their role in keeping the Russian war machine afloat right now must be investigated.

1/ New statistics out on Russian economy!
2/ Some data points: May 22 vs May 21
Cars: -96.7% (3,700 cars)
Trucks: -39.3%
ICE motors: -57%
Pass. train wagons: -59.8%
Freight wagons: -51.8%
Fiberglass cables: -80.8%
Fridges: -58.1%
Washing machines: -59.2%
AC electric motors: -49.9%
Elevators: -34.7%
https://twitter.com/jakluge/status/1542220132856090624?s=20&t=ET96wa1W0etlA81h7NA-VwExcavators: -60%

Dobre

"UK to provide another $1.2 billion of military support to Ukraine. The U.K. pledged to provide with 1 billion pounds of military support to boost the country's defense capabilities, including air defense systems, drones, and new electronic warfare equipment."

Other stuff I've read in the last three or so days & never linked:

--Ukraine has been back at attacking Russian defenses on Snake Island & taken out more stuff.

--They've also been hitting targets deep into the Donbas, at least one ammunition depot among them, but quite a few targets based on one post I read yesterday. (Probably using the new targeted long-range defense systems--the acronym for which I have currently spaced).

--Russia has been trying to draft more soldiers out of the Donbas, but these forces have been hit very hard.
(One post I read said around 50% casualties??? I'm thinking this is maybe why so much Russian political pressure on Belarus right now. We know Putin doesn't want to deal with the political fallout from Russian soldiers becoming cannon fodder. He'd rather have Lukashenko deal with it).

--Depressing progress for Russia in the central Donbas region:(.

Vagabond

Turkey has received all concessions it demanded from Finland and Sweden, including the ones they had previously declared "against their constitution".
Did it?

Erdoğan wanted extraditions, and there is no indication that there will be any, nor could the prime ministers of those countries agree to them, since that is a matter for the courts in those countries. All he wanted was to look good for voters, but it seems to me that there is plenty of room for opponents to poke holes in his claims.

Meoima

Another ‘open letter’ from what we call intellectuals from German, on the Ukraine war which calls for negotiations and peace.

I have no idea how big these names are though, seem like many elites? They are like “This war really should end, and the west should push for negotiations”. But how to do that?
Jakob Augstein (publicist), Richard A. Falk (Professor of International Law), Svenja Flaßpöhler (philosopher), Thomas Glauben (professor of agricultural economics), Josef Haslinger (writer), Elisa Hoven (professor of criminal law), Alexander Kluge (filmmaker and author), Christoph Menke (professor of philosophy), Wolfgang Merkel (professor of political science), Julian Nida-Rümelin (philosopher), Robert Pfaller (philosopher), Richard D. Precht (philosopher), Jeffrey Sachs (professor of economics), Michael von der Schulenburg (former UN diplomat), Edgar Selge (actor), Ilija Trojanow (writer), Erich Vad (retired general, former military adviser to Angela Merkel), Johannes Varwick (professor of international politics), Harald Welzer (social psychologist), Ranga Yogeshwar (science journalist), Juli Zeh (writer)
Source: https://www.zeit.de/2022/27/ukraine-krieg-frieden-waffenstillstand?utm_referrer=https://t.co/

reut

Every single word russians say is a lie. At this point this is not an assumption even, it's a fact. So I'm amazed by sources/people/organisations who still try to react to their lies wasting time and energy to prove them wrong.
I mean here is yet another thread with proofs, from Bellingcat

What do we see among the first comments? "Where had all the shoppers parked their cars".
There are pictures and videos and witnesses, devastating reports, but, yeah, "not enough cars parked". What's the point to prove anything to such people?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information