News and Updates about Russia's War against Ukraine.

airgelaal

At the same time, I find people supporting Russia in this war either naïve/misled or repulsive (including my aunt, and I told her that).
I also can't understand how people can support a war. And I'm not even talking about death and destruction. No matter where you live, you should see prices going up. And they will only get higher. This is a direct consequence of this war. Economic and political instability in the world will lead to the fact that the standard of living around the world will become worse. Yes, it's probably hard to feel it right away, like, for example, a bomb explosion. But this is inevitable. Those who shout that sports and culture are out of politics, do they not understand that these are the areas the war will affect in the first place? When the family's expenses rise, they will give up serious sports. The world has already suffered from the pandemic, and here is a new blow. Okay, they don’t care about the lives of Ukrainians, but they don’t care about themselves either?

Nadya

"to act as the arsenal of democracy in defence of Ukraine" against the murder, rapes, and various atrocities done by the Russian army and Putin's goons. There, I fix it for you.

I was born in the street where the US bombed our citizens. My aunt lives in Moscow and idolizes Putin, my uncle lives in Chicago and voted for Trump. If one askes me do I have much love for the US government, certainly I don't and I highly doubt I would visit the US anytime soon (and no need to).

That does not mean I should support Putin and his goons for the ongoing atrocities. If the US is to be the only superpower to support Ukraine in this fight against the Russian, then so be it. I am not going to overlook all the bad deeds done by the US and its military, but I also do not cut any slack for the Russian military either.

At the end of the day, as my grandparents and parents made it through bombs flying over their heads, through famine and poverty, I find war disgusting. At the same time, I find people supporting Russia in this war either naïve/misled or repulsive (including my aunt, and I told her that).

The US can just be an arsenal without the democracy part, you know. No one questions its abiding love for arsenals, weapons and guns. The gunner the better.

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
The US can just be an arsenal without the democracy part, you know. No one questions its abiding love for arsenals, weapons and guns. The gunner the better.

What is your goal with posts like this?

You keep pointing at the U.S., but I have no idea what you think that really achieves. Not too many would disagree about America being overrun with personal guns, let alone weapon stockpiles. So what? Does that mean Russia shouldn't be called to the mat for the atrocities it's committing?

If you support the war Russia is waging, stop the bullshit and say so. If you don't, then consider your posts are doing you a huge disservice, and stop it. You can point out America's foibles in plenty of unrelated threads, without minimizing the catastrophic casualties Russia is creating in Ukraine.

Meoima

There are various threads in which the Americans are talking trash about their own country, you are free to join.
But of course, the "whatabout" pro Russians have to come here and gaga over "the US is also bad" because Putin and goons are misunderstood? Yeah, right.

Sorry I can not empathy with the likes of you when things are like this:
The 80-kilometer strip between Mykolaiv and Russian-occupied Kherson became a heavily contested frontline, were villages are destroyed en masse and locals are hiding in basements fearing for their lives.

Meoima

It does appear (confirmed by video)that Ukrainian forces are falling back from Severodonetsk, using pontoon bridges and boats to cross the Siverskyi Donets River. The last units are probably crossing now under the cover of darkness.
Interesting that they retreat right about the time HIMARS arrives.

Daniel Lippman from POLITICO overheard a talk at Cafe Milano. I don't know if he were allowed to publish this kind of content but here we are. Kinda ironic.
Though he has been called “Washington’s least popular man” in the wake of the invasion of Ukraine, Russian Ambassador to the U.S. Anatoly Antonov had a big-name dining companion for lunch Thursday at Cafe Milano in Georgetown: former U.S. envoy for Afghanistan Zalmay Khalilzad. The two were hosted by Dimitri Simes, president and CEO of the Center for the National Interest.
A POLITICO reporter (Daniel Lippman) was at a neighboring table, overheard much of the conversation, and took notes on what was said.
Overheard: Russian ambassador talks Ukraine war and ‘Jewish guys’ at Cafe Milano.
The former U.S. envoy for Afghanistan had lunch with the Russian ambassador at the swanky Washington restaurant.
The Russian ambassador agreed when Khalilzad said “we need an agreement” to end the war between Ukraine and Russia. When discussing the prospect of a peace deal, Antonov asked Khalilzad, “What would [the U.S.] like us to give up?” Khalilzad suggested that Antonov have dinner with the Ukrainian ambassador. In an apparent reference to Russia’s false claims that neo-Nazis are running Ukraine, Antonov asked Khalilzad: “You have a lot of Jewish guys in the United States. Why are they so tolerant of what’s happening in Kyiv?”
Antonov expressed befuddlement over Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy, and said he doesn’t “understand [Zelenskyy’s] vision for the future of Ukraine.”
full article: https://www.politico.com/news/2022/06/24/russian-ambassador-ukraine-lunch-00042228

Dobre

airgelaal

This morning we woke up at 5 am. My father's sister called from Zhytomyr. 24 russian missiles. It was loud and scary. My father's sister was very scared. Nothing reached us, but we were obviously lucky.
In recent days, there is a lot of information that putin will force Lukashenko and the second attempt to conquer Kyiv will begin.
I don't really understand what world leaders are thinking. That Ukraine will hold back russia for years? We have a lot of population, a lot of cities. The russians have something to do for a few years. And Ukraine? Then someday we'll rebuild it. Maybe.
There are 140 million russians and as we see they will do as Putin tells them. It is naive to think that they will stop in Ukraine. They will gladly start a couple more wars in Europe with the money that Europe pays them. A win-win combination. For russia.

Dobre

"Reportedly one of the first victims of US-supplied Ukrainian M142 HIMARS MRLs, a Russian base in Donbas after being struck by HIMARS’s guided rockets."

----

Per CNN's chief white house correspondent:
"President Biden and the rest of the G7 leaders have agreed to announce an import ban on new gold from Russia, CNN is told. Gold is the second largest export for Russia after energy. The Treasury Department will make the formal announcement Tuesday."

Meoima

Putin urgently came to the Kremlin, the reason is unknown. The cortege with Vladimir Putin arrived at the Kremlin at 23:00.

Putin threatens NATO countries via his puppet Lukashenko by announcing he will transfer Iskanders to Belarus. Meanwhile, Lukashenko said Lithuania's lawful enforcement of an EU partial ban on Kaliningrad is a declaration of war. Also Ukraine experienced heavy bombing from Belarus

Reports of cruise missile strikes in Kyiv, Ukraine. Reported video from the scene in Shevchenko district of Kyiv after multiple cruise missiles hit an apartment building complex in the Ukrainian capital. Reports of victims. 14 missiles fired... multiple intercepted: Ukrainian officials

Meoima

reut

Big mall in Kremenchuk was hit, multiple casualties are expected as it was full of people.
Kremenchuk is a big city in Poltava region that was relatively less hit till now (well, comparing to Kharkiv), this explains why people felt more safe/careless...

Videos/photos are heartbreaking...
https://t.me/s/kharkov_now/14560
https://t.me/s/kharkov_now/14561
https://t.me/s/kharkov_now/14569

And, of course, russians already claim that Ukrainians bombed themselves and chose Kremenchuk because it's less central and there are no "independent reports". In such moments I sincerely want them all to burn in hell.

Update: Post from Zelenskyy's official telegram
Over 1000 civilians were there, mall is in flames, firefighters are trying to extinguish the fire, the number of victims is impossible to imagine. There was no danger to the russian army, no strategic value. "Only people attempting to lead normal life, which so angers the invaders."

Last edited:

Meoima

Russian missiles just hit a crowded shopping center in Kremenchuk, while over a 1,000 civilians were inside. The possible number of casualties is unimaginable

Russian missile strike hit a shopping center in Kremenchuk minutes ago-civilian casualties reported. Some horrible images from the scene are circulating. Some of my Ukrainian military contacts have warned this will be a hard week of Russian missile strikes. Looks like it so far

Meoima

BREAKING: Russian hacking group Killnet launches a cyberattack against Lithuania's state and private institutions. After Lithuania implemented the EU's road transit ban with Kaliningrad, Russian officials warned that consequences would be more than just economic in nature. This cyberattack provides a clue into what the Kremlin meant.

Boris Johnson’s government will pledge £10million to help rebuild Ukraine’s railways in a bid to use trains to export grain trapped by Vladimir Putin’s blockade in the Black Sea. The prime minister is set to call on fellow leaders to take urgent action to get essential food supplies out of Ukraine at the G7 Summit in Germany

Ukrainian Air Force reported that the Kremenchuk shopping center was hit by a Russian Kh-22 missile launched from a Tu-22M3 bomber flying in the Kursk region.

"They're flying the equivalent of suicide missions." Actor Sean Penn tells CNN's why he's helping Ukrainian pilots lobby US lawmakers for fighter jets and air defense systems in the ongoing Russia-Ukraine conflict. Watch the moment here:

babayaga

Dobre

The U.N. has done many things to help people. (Considering the timing, it seems entirely plausible to me that it may have played a role in helping to get the civilians out of Azovstal; but that's just speculation. Over time, though, the U.N. has done a lot). However, giving any one country on the Security Council veto power--especially a country that is committing war crimes and attacking another country--is insane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information