News and Updates about Russia's War against Ukraine.

reut

Pavlove Pole is my childhood neighbourhood. Ironically the statue which was bombed is the statue of Soviet Soldier Liberator. Well, now new "liberators" came...
https://t.me/kharkov_now/13412
Building nearby was damaged and 9 y.o. child was killed...

I guess rashists want to keep part of Ukrainian army near the city so that they won't be able to move and help to another part having very heavy fight near Sievierodonetsk...
More updates about injured and killed. A young family was walking outside, mother, father and 5 months old baby. Father and baby were instantly killed, mother is in critical condition... Overall 9 killed, 19 injured.
https://t.me/kharkivlife/39510

reut

But if you can look at it from a strategic point of view, it is the best option for all to live a safe future.
Will the future be safe if they benefit, if russia - or its divided parts - prospers? I don't know, I'm not sure.

Meoima

Rossiya-1 host Olga Skabeeva links monkeypox outbreaks in the West to arms supplies to Ukraine. The full quote from Olga Skabeeva: "You won't believe it, such a coincidence, or maybe it's not a coincidence, most countries, whose homosexuals got monkeypox, are supplying weapons to the Kyiv regime. Stuff happens, right?"
:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

News: The Biden admin is preparing to send Ukraine advanced, long-range rocket systems—known as MLRS and HIMARS—that are now the top request from Ukrainian officials, multiple officials say. Approval could be announced as soon as next week.

Hedwig

WoolSilk Fanatic
Will the future be safe if they benefit, if russia - or its divided parts - prospers? I don't know, I'm not sure.
I see it from the point of view of the German history. When they did not prosper after WW I but had to pay reparations and were hold small then Hitler and WW II happened
When there was a Marshall plan and Germany prospered, it still took absolute AGES until they really realized what happened and how bad it was.
But now it is taught as collective guilt to every child and for all our fauts and problems, I dont think that Germany is still a danger.

reut

I see it from the point of view of the German history. When they did not prosper after WW I but had to pay reparations and were hold small then Hitler and WW II happened
When there was a Marshall plan and Germany prospered, it still took absolute AGES until they really realized what happened and how bad it was.
But now it is taught as collective guilt to every child and for all our fauts and problems, I dont think that Germany is still a danger.
Yes, I know what you mean. But I don't see russia ever doing the work Germany did after WW II, learning lessons, working on it, etc.

airgelaal

Yes, I know what you mean. But I don't see russia ever doing the work Germany did after WW II, learning lessons, working on it, etc.
I think so too. They don't care how many people died in the USSR, and now they continue to hang this bloody flag around. Why should the situation with Ukraine be different? They don't care about the GULAG, they don't care about Bucha.

babayaga

https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent/status/1529852503919034372

Last week or so it felt like the worst for Kharkiv was in the past. The city came to life, started its recovery, public transport was back, people who lived for almost three months in metro stations were provided with various temporary solutions. On May 24th, after three months of non stop shelling of the city, the metro finally started working again. They even started rebuilding and fixing - where it was possible - all the damage.
I watched some local news and I saw how hopeful and rejuvenated Kharkovites were...

Pavlove Pole is my childhood neighbourhood. Ironically the statue which was bombed is the statue of Soviet Soldier Liberator. Well, now new "liberators" came...
https://t.me/kharkov_now/13412
Building nearby was damaged and 9 y.o. child was killed...

I guess rashists want to keep part of Ukrainian army near the city so that they won't be able to move and help to another part having very heavy fight near Sievierodonetsk...
This is my neighborhood as well. The stupid soldier statue is still standing though it seems :(

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I don't think Russia has to care to be held to account. It's up to the International community to care enough to make sure this happens. There should definitely be war crimes trials after the war and the people found guilty put in a jail that is not in Russia IMO.

Meoima

NEW: Russia is moving an armored convoy over the Zherebets River via a mobile bridge into the occupied Donbas city of Lyman. Lyman is the second midsize Ukrainian city this week to have been captured by Russian troops.
Although Russia is prioritizing offensive operations in the Donbas region, "Russian forces are intensifying artillery attacks around Kharkiv, aiming to regain control of territory north of the city."

Russian forces in occupied areas of the Southern Axis are reportedly preparing a “third line of defense” to consolidate long-term control over the region and in preparation to repel likely future #Ukrainian counteroffensives.

Russia forced to deploy 50-year-old T-62 tanks to Ukraine after 1,000 other tanks have been destroyed on the battlefield: UK MoD/US official

The U.S. plans to send an advanced long-range rocket system to Ukraine as early as next week. Ukrainian officials have been emphatic in requesting MLRS systems. Ukraine has also expressed interest in the High Mobility Artillery Rocket System or HIMARS, which fires some of the same kind of ammunition as MLRS.

Russian Finance Minister Anton Siluanov says that Russia will secure $14.4 billion in additional oil and gas revenues in 2022 A large chunk of these revenues will finance Russia's war with Ukraine

Rumours are emanating from Germany that NATO has an informal agreement on not supplying high-quality heavy weaponry to Ukraine Britain has denounced this and backs Poland and Czech Republic's tank transfers to Ukraine

Cachoo

I've come to the point where I'm past basic decency. I want this motherfecker dead. Asap. It won't magically solve all the current tragic situation but at least there will be one less bloodthirsty freak on this planet.
He looks ill. I do wonder if he died if the Russians would leave.

Karen-W

He looks ill. I do wonder if he died if the Russians would leave.
Doubt it. Anyone who assumes power in the case of Putin's demise is likely a part of his inner circle and I'm fairly convinced they're all just as demented as he is, and certainly believe that Russia is both the victim of the "Ukrainian Nazis" and that Ukraine isn't really a legitimate country but instead a traditional region of Russia that somehow slipped out from under Moscow's direct control.

Dobre

"Russian regional lawmakers call for withdrawal of troops from Ukraine. Four Communist members of the legislature of Primorye Krai in Russia’s Far East have called on dictator Vladimir Putin to end the war in Ukraine. Leonid Vasyukevich, one of the members, said at a meeting of the legislature that Russian troops are suffering heavy losses and failing to achieve a military success. The appeal was condemned by the Communist Party’s leadership in Primorye Krai."

cholla

Grand Duchess of Savoie

"Russian regional lawmakers call for withdrawal of troops from Ukraine. Four Communist members of the legislature of Primorye Krai in Russia’s Far East have called on dictator Vladimir Putin to end the war in Ukraine. Leonid Vasyukevich, one of the members, said at a meeting of the legislature that Russian troops are suffering heavy losses and failing to achieve a military success. The appeal was condemned by the Communist Party’s leadership in Primorye Krai."
Kudos for speaking up. But Leonid Vasyukevich is probably going to be offered a long nice vacation in a Siberian gulag. All payed by the state.

Asli

Kudos for speaking up. But Leonid Vasyukevich is probably going to be offered a long nice vacation in a Siberian gulag. All payed by the state.
OTOH what are politicians for, if not to take a political stance? The local post office employees may choose to keep their mouths shut and wait for this situation to go away, but a politician is making a statement even by remaining silent.

Last edited:

reut

I don't think Russia has to care to be held to account. It's up to the International community to care enough to make sure this happens. There should definitely be war crimes trials after the war and the people found guilty put in a jail that is not in Russia IMO.
But will it care enough?

Independent Russian media outlet Meduza quoted undisclosed sources saying the Kremlin is discussing a possible assault on Kyiv and even hopes for a full-scale victory by fall.
According to Meduza’s sources, Russian leadership is hoping Europe will get tired of helping Ukraine and that bloc members will have to agree with Russia on gas and oil before the heating season.

clairecloutier

I’m reading a book called Vanished Kingdoms about long-dead eurostates. The section on the Lithuania-Poland commonwealth and Belorussia were particularly interesting. Moscow has been trying to absorb Ukraine, Belorus and the Baltics for many centuries, and their tactics have always been horrendous even by medieval standards.

This book sounds interesting! I looked it up & saw that the author is Norman Davies. His book about World War II (No Simple Victory) is one of the more informative/thought-provoking of the many that I've read about WWII. Coincidentally or not, No Simple Victory focuses a lot on Russia's pivotal and essential role in defeating the Nazis; a piece of history now leveraged by Putinist propaganda to justify the "special operation," in its continuing quest to subjugate Ukraine. Everything is circular ....

Or russia being completely destroyed, divided to pieces, ceases to exist. The more this war lasts, the more atrocities I learn about, the more it's the only end I wish to this country and its people.

I wonder if the dissolution of the Russian state is the one thing that might finally kill off some of its own destructive myths about itself. (I also wonder the same thing about the U.S. at times. :slinkaway )

hoptoad

There is some good in the world. I've been sick at the news that over a million Ukrainians have been sent unwillingly to Russia. According to this article, thousands of Ukrainians are making it out to Europe, almost 20,000 to Estonia alone, with the help of informal networks of ordinary Russians.

Estonia has been especially flexible with people lacking the "right" papers in these circumstances.

In particular, this doesn't sound as bad as I'd feared:
The displacement centres are typically dormitories or repurposed holiday camps and sanatoriums scattered across Russia, including in places as remote as Vladivostok, 10 time zones away from Moscow. Ukrainians brought to Russia are given a choice about where they will be taken, activists said, but many agree to whatever they are offered or don’t know the cities in question.

Karen-W

There is some good in the world. I've been sick at the news that over a million Ukrainians have been sent unwillingly to Russia. According to this article, thousands of Ukrainians are making it out to Europe, almost 20,000 to Estonia alone, with the help of informal networks of ordinary Russians.

Estonia has been especially flexible with people lacking the "right" papers in these circumstances.

In particular, this doesn't sound as bad as I'd feared:
A modern-day Underground Railroad of sorts... Thank God there are ordinary Russians willing to help these poor Ukrainians out of the country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information