News and Experiences #Thread1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FGRSK8

Toad whisperer.....
...And Kasey, we just want you to stay safe in this *********. You are the solders leading the D-Day invasion on this *********. We all owe you a debt of gratitude.

MsZem

I actually postulated back around January 20th that this ***** would spread around the planet in 4-6 weeks and when it reached this country, would run the table. I truly wish I was wrong on this whole thing....
You were the first one here to post about the new ********:
A good friend of mine in a position to know says this ***** coming out of Wuhan, China is some really serious shit....
If only more countries had started preparing that far back...

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
Thank you @FGRSK8 !! I know I'm not the only one here, or even the only one in my family. Our work has cancelled people's PTO for the next month at this point, and I'm sure that is going to extend. No mandatory overtime yet, but I'm waiting for that to kick in. I was scheduled to go to a nursing conference the second week of May; I'm sure that will be cancelled, but it hasn't been yet.

MacMadame

Staying at home
Staff member
Because of our shelter in place order, they are arranging for childcare for emergency workers. That means all first responders and all hospital workers at a minimum. I hope they will do the same in other parts of the country (and world).

They are now saying on the news that FEMA is involved due to the President's declaration of a National Emergency. So there will access to both money and emergency medical facilities. But there could be a run on respirators. There are only so many in the country.

Dave of the North

Talked to our son in Vancouver today. Looks very likely their trip to Montreal in April for the movie shoot is not going to happen. So we won't be going either. At least he can keep some of his work going (he is an ESL instructor) and he can do some of his classes online.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
My friend Jill in Australia said theirs is 7-8 a.m. I can't use my hands or drive in the dark that early
Susan1, daylight savings hasn't finished here yet. It is light at 7am. Not as much as it was, true, but it is still light at that hour.

My mom just said "I hope you and your sister don't get quarantined in at work one of these days" and stupid me thought, well that's not going to happen unless there's a local or national emergency declared....oh yeah. Yeah, I hope that I am able to come home from work each day!
Oh, I hope so, Kasey. You and @Marge_Simpson are in my thoughts, as with all the other healthcare workers.

The Australian authorities have said they believe up to 150,000 Australians could die. That's going to get the attention of the people who are still "she'll be right"-ing this.

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
I just found out that my hospital is kicking out nursing students until April 6th at least. My clinical group has 2 more weeks to do. So I'm not sure if I'll be working with them at another local hospital their last two weeks, or if their time is going to be pushed back into April.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information