Netflix/Prime/Hulu/BritBox Binge Watching: Coronavirus Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cachoo

I started watching "Annette" on Prime and was interrupted but not before wondering what on earth I was watching. But I'm definitely interested and will continue later. Adam Driver and Marion Cotillard are favorites.

ross_hy

I finished watching Intelligence season 2 on Peacock last night. It's an odd sense of humor, but I had to pause it several times because I was laughing so hard. It's only six episodes, so you can knock it out in about 2 hours.

clairecloutier

We watched River this week after seeing so many people here recommend it. Very good & different from other crime series. A bit of a slow start, but then I got into it & the final episode was gripping. Great acting too.

LeafOnTheWind

I watched The Invisibles on Amazon Prime because Anthony Head was in it. His character is very cranky, irritable and bossy but not in a fun to watch way. Overall I was disappointed with the series and expected more from it. I found both of the original team of thieves to be annoying. The storyline wasn't as strong as I hoped it would be either.

I find it hard to believe that they can screw up as much as they do considering they are supposed to be one of the best team of thieves ever. I know they are coming out of retirement and all but still....

It was ok to sit through once to find out what happens but not enough for me to watch a season 2 if one comes out.

Tesla

Whippet Good
I watched The Invisibles on Amazon Prime because Anthony Head was in it. His character is very cranky, irritable and bossy but not in a fun to watch way. Overall I was disappointed with the series and expected more from it. I found both of the original team of thieves to be annoying. The storyline wasn't as strong as I hoped it would be either.

I find it hard to believe that they can screw up as much as they do considering they are supposed to be one of the best team of thieves ever. I know they are coming out of retirement and all but still....

It was ok to sit through once to find out what happens but not enough for me to watch a season 2 if one comes out.
I started watching this on Acorn and never finished. I think it’s an older series, so only one season.

LeafOnTheWind

Trailer for Wheel of Time. :cheer2:
This was a set of books I stopped reading because you could read 800 pages and everyone was still stuck in the same situation and the story never seemed to move forward. I told myself I would wait until the series was finished then the author got sick. I heard there was supposed to be someone who was going to pick up where he left off but I never got back to it. There were just too many 800 page books and not enough story.

I am on the fence about watching this. They have a lot of condensing to do to convince me it's worth it.

LeafOnTheWind

Red Notice trailer coming out in November on Netflix.

Almost forgot. I started watching Only Murders in the Building on Hulu. Selena Gomez, Steve Martin and Martin Short try to amateur sleuth their way through a murder in their building.

Last edited:

Tesla

Whippet Good
I started watching Only Murders in the Building on Hulu. Selena Gomez, Steve Martin and Martin Short try to amateur sleuth their way through a murder in their building.
How is it? I want to watch it, too.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Clickbait was really amazing- and if you're feeling meh after two episodes, just keep with it. Watch it! (Even if reviews are generally not good)

Regarding Manifest (since season 4 is Netflix).. I tried really hard to like it, but things went crazy in season 3 and I felt like the acting just went way south, too. Saanvi was the only one IMO that wasn't completely wooden and terrible in delivering lines. Josh Dallas (Ben) was the worst offender.

Japanfan

This was a set of books I stopped reading because you could read 800 pages and everyone was still stuck in the same situation and the story never seemed to move forward. I told myself I would wait until the series was finished then the author got sick. I heard there was supposed to be someone who was going to pick up where he left off but I never got back to it. There were just too many 800 page books and not enough story.

I am on the fence about watching this. They have a lot of condensing to do to convince me it's worth it.

The series was finished, and the ending was a real disappointment.

I don't know how they could successfully make a movie of the books? Or is it a series?

LeafOnTheWind

I just found Moone Boy on Hulu. Fans of The IT Crowd will recognize and love Chris O'Dowd. Highly recommend.

skategal

Bunny mama
For the kiddos in your life Vivo, on Netflix, was great.

Set in Cuba and Miami, the music was excellent.

Songs written by Lin-Manuel Miranda. He also voiced Vivo.

Gloria Estefan voiced Marta Sandoval, a famous singer about to retire.

Great for kids and their family.

We have seen it twice already.

LeafOnTheWind

Chaos Walking on Hulu is a strange sci fi movie where the residents of earth have started to settle on other planets. The first wave found a planet where everyone can see and hear men's thoughts but it didn't affect the women. A scout ship from the second wave crash lands leaving one woman alone on the planet with a village full of men only. Weird movie. Not sure if I like it but it was ok enough to pass the time.

Tesla

Whippet Good
For the kiddos in your life Vivo, on Netflix, was great.

Set in Cuba and Miami, the music was excellent.

Songs written by Lin-Manuel Miranda. He also voiced Vivo.

Gloria Estefan voiced Marta Sandoval, a famous singer about to retire.

Great for kids and their family.

We have seen it twice already.
I want to see this. I have to convince the kids.

LeafOnTheWind

I don't typically like Zach Galifianakis' sense of humor but Between Two Ferns: The Movie is pretty funny. :lol: I never watched his web series of this but it's making me wonder if I need to go find them. The interviews were the best part of the movie itself and makes the idea of the series more appealing because you get the good part only without the meandering story in between.

ETA: The humor is mean but they are roasting each other and voluntarily signed up for it. I'm not a fan of mean for the sake of being mean to just anyone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information