NBC broadcast of Rostelecom Cup (Sunday 10/22 noon-2 pm ET)

Thread starter #2

Sylvia

Club comp. season is underway & I'm not ready yet
Ratings
Last edited:

Carolla5501

Ratings
Who is that kid who keeps thinking he should take a bow with Hanyu???? The first time it was cute, now it's like "get that kid to work, it's not about him!"

Thread starter #7

Sylvia

Ratings
First sighting of Ashley Wagner's Bridgestone tire commercial!

ETA:
Earlier this year, Bridgestone inked endorsement deals with five 2018 U.S. Olympic hopefuls, including figure skaters Wagner and Nathan Chen, who will represent the company as a part of Team Bridgestone. Wagner, a three-time U.S. Champion, is the 2017 U.S. silver medalist, while Chen followed-up his 2017 U.S. title by capturing the gold medal at the 2017 Four Continents Championships. Both were members of the 2017 U.S. Figure Skating World Team.
http://www.usfsa.org/story?id=90907&type=media

Thread starter #9

Sylvia

Ratings
NBC showed all of the Shibutanis' free dance and, predictably, just a brief clip of Tarasova/Morozov's FS and the pairs final standings.

Patinita

Ratings
I'm watching NBC today only because I couldn't watch some of the competition live yesterday, and I wanted to see if anything had changed..... I shouldn't have bothered, nothing has changed. An event where we have legitimate medal hopes, (Dance), and we still get only the winner.....if they happen to be American.

Patinita

Ratings
I don't mind them also showing the Americans, or if it's a French broadcast, them showing the French, and so on. People in their home countries should be able to see their competitors. But show enough of the competition to show where they stack up, (dance), and as much as I like Mirai, mention the fact that although she landed her triple axel, (<), she also fell on her other jumps so that's why she's in 9th place. Did they even mention it? Back to online IN with no commentary, or some eastern European broadcasters that I can't even understand for me.

Last edited:
Thread starter #14

Sylvia

Ratings
Random clip of the North Korean pair team qualifying for the Olympics at Nebelhorn (from their SP) inserted before Radionova's scores.

Wakaba Higuchi is up.

Carolla5501

Ratings
I know this will be heartbreaking, but..... they show on NBC what the general public wants to see and while Dance is our best medal hope for the Olympics it's generally the least popular with the general public (perhaps because without falls no one can really tell why the winner won)

Wyliefan

Ratings
I'm watching NBC today only because I couldn't watch some of the competition live yesterday, and I wanted to see if anything had changed..... I shouldn't have bothered, nothing has changed. An event where we have legitimate medal hopes, (Dance), and we still get only the winner.....if they happen to be American.
I thought they might at least show Rachel & Michael, as new American seniors with a lot of potential.

Thread starter #23

Sylvia

Ratings
NBC's recap shows are always going to be singles-focused. 6 ladies' free skates were shown in total (top 7 minus Kaori Sakamoto in 5th): Bell, Nagasu, Radionova, Higuchi, Medvedeva, Kostner.

Tony Wheeler

Ratings
No offense to anyone who doesn't have the option to watch The Olympic Channel or doesn't want to subscribe to Ice Network, but I don't know why it's the 2017-2018 season and people are still complaining about what NBC decides to show on their telecasts. This is not 20 years ago where whatever top 5 ABC/ESPN showed is ALL you got, and no repeats unless you recorded it to VHS. No YouTube to watch skaters' performances. We now have many different options to watch the entire competition-- every single skater-- live and then minutes later on YouTube if we so choose.

skatingfan5

Past Prancer's Corridor
Ratings
^There are still one or two of us Luddites who have only network TV and no internet access at home for whom the NBC broadcast is the only option. :shuffle: Today it was largely moot since I didn't get home from church in time to see anything except the last 10 minutes. :mad:Fortunately for me that meant I was able to see Kostner :) -- and a replay of Med's fall -- and the Raf/Nathan polar opposte K&C reactions. :lol:

topaz

Ratings
No offense to anyone who doesn't have the option to watch The Olympic Channel or doesn't want to subscribe to Ice Network, but I don't know why it's the 2017-2018 season and people are still complaining about what NBC decides to show on their telecasts. This is not 20 years ago where whatever top 5 ABC/ESPN showed is ALL you got, and no repeats unless you recorded it to VHS. No YouTube to watch skaters' performances. We now have many different options to watch the entire competition-- every single skater-- live and then minutes later on YouTube if we so choose.
So true. In fact, The Olympic channel appears to be broadcasting the GP event LIVE for Skate Canada and Cup of China. My guess, they may be broadcasting events live for the remainder of the season. I have not renewed my icenetwork subscription because of this. :)

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, Medvedeva, T&M, Shibs, P&C
Ratings
I missed it! I was in a painting class, out of town, for three days and completely forgot to set my DVR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)