• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

National Olympic Battles Following Euros

Thread starter #1

Tony Wheeler

Ratings
I think most questions were answered pretty obviously here in terms of who will go to the Olympics from countries that haven't officially announced their entries.

But for the ones that haven't:

FRA ladies - Meite won Nationals and Euros over Lecavelier. I am guessing the spot is hers.
FIN ladies - Peltonen won over Lindfors and someone commented in the other thread ( @Hanna maybe?) that Viveca was already (not really) accepting the defeat and losing the ticket.
SUI ladies - I'm pretty sure Paganini was already officially named but Switzerland has a history of making their skaters show they are in form before officially naming them (Ruh, Meier). I think her 7th place finish should be more than enough for them.
HUN ladies - Toth made the free skate and finished 13th. Medegyesi didn't qualify to the free.
ITA ladies - Russo was named, but Cristini beat her by 5 points here (and placed higher in the short). Could that be switched?

The only question mark is the SWE ladies situation. I know that Olympic Committee is also very difficult at times, and you have one skater bombing the short and the other one really bombing the long. I think it still may be a toss-up towards who goes, or could they possibly send neither?

RUS men - should clearly be Aliev and Kolyada
SWE men - same situation with the ladies and the tough OC, but I think Majorov's high placement should send him back to the Olympics
FRA men - not sure if Besseghier was officially named, but he probably should be now
UKR men - Paniot, IIRC, was named but could they reconsider after his 25th place here?

Pairs and dance I don't see anything that was in question.

Last edited:

vesperholly

Ratings
SUI ladies - I'm pretty sure Paganini was already officially named but Switzerland has a history of making their skaters show they are in form before officially naming them (Ruh, Meier). I think her 7th place finish should be more than enough for them.
Paganini was officially named after Swiss Nationals.

millyskate

Ratings
Besseghier was one of the first French athletes named to the Olympic team full stop, which I thought must have been a nice encouragement for him :)

Thread starter #9

Tony Wheeler

Ratings
If Sweden really sends no lady, Armenia/Galustyan would be next in line but she's not even skating right now. The spot then goes to Singapore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)