Nathan Chen Fan Thread #2

Sasha'sSpins

🇺🇦💙🙏💛🇺🇦
I loved that interview! I'm so very sad for Nathan and the other athletes that Worlds was cancelled. I hope and pray that Nathan and all the skaters stay strong and healthy throughout the next season and on through the Olympics! ❤️🙏❤️

I personally love both of Nathan's programs this season. I would love to see "La Boheme", and "Rocketman" one more season! 😍⛸️⛸️

sk9tingfan

Nathan got his professional coaching credentials with a perfect score on the exam. Nick McCarvel will have an article soon on USFSA FanZone

Bellanca

Seriously, how many skaters would have this kind of a mature, sensible, levelheaded reaction and response to such disappointing news re Worlds? Nathan continues to inspire and impress. Such a great ambassador for the sport.

Eta: great way to keep busy (as if he doesn’t do that already 😉) while his students will benefit the most. 🤩 That’s a win! 👍

Last edited:

believed

Nathan got his professional coaching credentials with a perfect score on the exam. Nick McCarvel will have an article soon on USFSA FanZone

This guy. What a rockstar.

sk9tingfan

I'm wondering which rink he is talking about. It could be the Whale at Yale which would involve his fellow students but also be the rink in Cromwell.

Alexa

I'm wondering which rink he is talking about. It could be the Whale at Yale which would involve his fellow students but also be the rink in Cromwell.
KC Elite Training. There are quite some pictures of him With skaters on March 17th.

Also, he conducted one session with the kids today, jump technique and conditioning

Last edited:

Alexa

Nathan and Karen had done a workshop last year right after SOI at Big Dreamer Skaters Foundation. There are tons of pictures of the two working with young skaters.

Here are some of videos Nathan teaching jumping techniques. There are more videos on their FB page as well as Nathan Supporting team JPN
demonstrating flow out of jumps and keep moving

Nathan Supporting team JPN posted two several days ago. There we’re more from last year.

Firedancer

This is an incredible interview with Scott Hamilton. Enjoy!

This was a great interview. Nathan also did an Instagram live interview with Florent Amodio yesterday. I don’t know if it is still available.

Bellanca

This is an incredible interview with Scott Hamilton. Enjoy!

A favorite interviewing another favorite. It doesn’t get any better than that. Thank you for posting.

cheremary

This was a great interview. Nathan also did an Instagram live interview with Florent Amodio yesterday. I don’t know if it is still available.
Couldn't get the sound to work on that one.

Someone put the interview with Florent up on YouTube. https://youtu.be/y6BGJa6ZsaY

That channel has a lot of the IG lives that Nathan has done recently, including a really fun one with Baker and Hawayek: https://youtu.be/CmpckqCxyCM

Happy 21st to Nathan today!

livetoskate

Great interview with Scott and Nathan! I can't believe they managed to keep talking for over an hour. It was interesting going through Nathan's skating career and learning about how involved he was in hockey, and how his mom would hang out and take notes during his group lessons, then "coach" him on public sessions to save money. Hope Nathan had a happy 21st birthday!

Sylvia

TBD
^^^ That "fake trailer" is a fan's compilation of clips. There was a pre-2018 Olympics feature on Netflix produced by NBC Sports and some of the clips look like they may have come from there: https://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/...s-original-series-to-preview-winter-olympics/

ETA:

Found a compilation of fan cam clips of Nathan performing "Rocketman" in exhibition at the Yale Whale in late February 2020 (opening with a 4T and throwing in a back flip near the end):

Last edited:

aftershocks

Banned Member
^^^ That "fake trailer" is a fan's compilation of clips. There was a pre-2018 Olympics feature on Netflix produced by NBC Sports and some of the clips look like they may have come from there: https://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/...s-original-series-to-preview-winter-olympics/

ETA:

Found a compilation of fan cam clips of Nathan performing "Rocketman" in exhibition at the Yale Whale in late February 2020 (opening with a 4T and throwing in a back flip near the end):

Boo-hoo! What a bummer!

It's fine to compile clips, but why try to fool people? Just write to Netflix with a synopsis/ film idea instead of scamming. :drama:

Thanks for clearing this up @Sylvia. Those images look familiar from the lead-in to 2018 Olympics.

aftershocks

Banned Member

Whoa, if guys were allowed to pull that off in competition in the middle of their programs! :eek: :watch:

Some people in the Yale audience sounded like they were having a heart attack when Nathan ripped off that gorgeous backflip. Once skaters learn how to do it, that's a fairly reliable and consistent move.

Alexa

Boo-hoo! What a bummer!

It's fine to compile clips, but why try to fool people? Just write to Netflix with a synopsis/ film idea instead of scamming. :drama:

Thanks for clearing this up @Sylvia. Those images look familiar from the lead-in to 2018 Olympics.

Ah, she is a very nice Nathan fan from Korea. She uploaded lots of ATS videos as well as SA videos last year. From what I read, Korean fans and Japanese fans miss him terribly because usually they would see Nathan in all kinds of ice shows at this time of year. She made this video for fun, and most of the clips are from Kellogg’, Super Bowl commercials in 2018, boosted board videos from last year. You would find lots of gifs made from past performances the past month as they were doing this ATS anniversary thing 😆

Alexa

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information