Nancy Pelosi Announces Impeachment Inquiry

Susan1

I believe that the business with Ioffe was all her. And Melania is not an idiot; she may not be particularly articulate in her second (third? fourth?) language, but she is capable of thinking for herself.

Whoever set up this event failed her. I am sure the same message would have gone over much better in a Trump-friendly district.

Anyway, it's not impeachment related, so I'll stop here.
I put the same story in "Dangers of...", but since it's being followed here...........I wonder if it was her husband's idea. To take some of the attention off of his problems. And to give his supporters something else to complain about.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
I put the same story in "Dangers of...", but since it's being followed here...........I wonder if it was her husband's idea. To take some of the attention off of his problems. And to give his supporters something else to complain about.
I hope when his presidency is over she decides enough is enough, divorces him and takes him to the cleaner. She always looks miserable. But she has kind of reaped what she sowed.

Sparks

I hope when his presidency is over she decides enough is enough, divorces him and takes him to the cleaner. She always looks miserable. But she has kind of reaped what she sowed.
Did anyone hear the rumor about her affair and their plans to get divorced if/when he lost in 2016?

Sparks

Okay. When they lived in Trump Tower she was having a love affair with the hunky director of security for Tiffany's. His name is Henry "Hank" Siemers. The Donald knew all about it, just like she knew about his (ahem) indiscretions. They allegedly had a divorce settlement drawn up (but not filed). They didn't think he would win in 2016 and then they would have an amicable divorce. Oh, and he would go back to NBC with a big, fat raise.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Interesting.

I am sure the WH must be like that movie Dave with Kevin Kline and Sigouney Weaver.

Choupette

That's terrible. So rude. She was there to give a speech on the opioid crisis, for God's sake. Not to push policy etc. Bunch of brats. These kids have no respect and must be learning this from their parents.
Fine, but speaking of respect, just a question, what did you say over Donald Trump's name calling? Like, say, "human scum"? Or him trying to destroy the reputations of so many, like the witnesses in the impeachment hearings recently, without bringing any fact? Are you equally outraged? I tried checking because I can't imagine you would condone that, but the search engine wouldn't let me go very far.

I know a lot of people feel "sick" and "disgust" because of her past as a semi or mostly nude photo model long before she married Trump. Or that she is married to that man, making assumptions she was a gold digger. FWIW I think she is not exactly beautiful to my standards, but striking. Whatever her reasons for marrying the man despite his behavior towards women are/were,, we don't know. I assume it is possible that even people like Trump are loved by their spouses. Even knowing their flaws.
Narcissists will often attract a partner by mirroring their tastes and desires, making them feel like they are king/queen that have just found the perfect partner. Once the partner is madly in love, thinking they found the perfect partner, the narcissist's behavior will change. Maybe she was attracted by Trump's standing or money, but maybe Trump also played some sort of mind game with her and she truly fell in love.

I believe her beliefs and actions are influenced solely by Trump, I don't think she has many independent thoughts or views. It's possible that she does, but I don't think so. I'm entitled to my opinion
I'm sure she is influenced by Trump, but I have no patience nor respect for a narcissist's enablers. Narcissists will always exist, but without enablers, they would do far less damage. Those enablers, at least those who are not narcissists themselves, which means probably most of them, should know better. While I find Trump's behavior totally repulsive, I am not really mad at him. He is what he is. A lot of people had to support this for him to hold a position in which he can do a lot of harm, and a lot of people have to support him once again for him to remain president. I hold these people guilty.

Last edited:

Sparks

They both are narcissists. They used each other very well. Some marriages are more about business and less about being a love match.

Peaches LaTour

If you are seriously contemplating such an extreme outcome - one that would require amending the constitution or the complete dissolution of our current governmental structure - you should probably step back from politics for a bit.
However, Trump would do exactly this if he could and the way his Tribal followers support him, I would not be surprised to learn that they would ok the idea.

Peaches LaTour

That's terrible. So rude. She was there to give a speech on the opioid crisis, for God's sake. Not to push policy etc. Bunch of brats. These kids have no respect and must be learning this from their parents.
They were expressing their true feelings. I say good for them.

Vagabond

Entire post
It's bad enough that we get lurid, unsubstantiated stories about figure skaters' sexuality, mental disorders, and family problems in Great Skate Debate. Must Politically Incorrect be brought down to the same level too? :fragile:

antmanb

It’s very telling that the sea lion had nothing to say about the actual hearings and could only chime in about Melania being booed :rofl:

Susan1

Just a short funny - On Hardball last night (no Chris Matthews), Rick Tyler, political analyst, said "jumpy Jim Jordan" referring to people defending trump.

aftershocks

An interesting rundown on Trump's 'impeachment defenses' or lack thereof:

Washington Week's latest episode discusses impeachment inquiry status and implications with reporter, Maggie Haberman, and with presidential historian, Jon Meacham:

And this ABC News impeachment status report from 6 days ago:

aftershocks

Additionally:

Trump Throws Rudy Under the Bus:

Trump Officials Resign as Dems Prep New Impeachment Hearings:

caseyedwards

So why haven’t Democrats called Brad parscale?!?! Trump was going to use dirt from Ukraine against joe Biden when he was nominated by the democrats. Obviously all trumps campaign will have been working on that and the ads and preparing for it. Who does trump plan campaign strategy against Biden with?
parscale
Hannity
Barrack

aftershocks

As the video title indicates, 'the hits just keep on coming...'

The frustration by a commenter on the below video says it all:

"I can't wait to have a POTUS again, and not a POS"

once_upon

New condo owner
But nothing ever sticks.

As my grandma used to say - some people like a greased pig cant be caught. They slide right out.

caseyedwards

How would a president or former president actually be arrested!?!? And all the democrats in charge of doing so can’t get it done non controversially. If it’s a president warrens Justice department arresting trump or democrat cuomo or Vance arresting trump that’s not the biggest issue in American history?

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
The House Judiciary impeachment hearings will begin with constitutional experts.

Unlike the House Intelligence Committee hearings last month, the witnesses won't offer firsthand accounts of what they knew about Trump's actions with Ukraine. Instead, the constitutional scholars are expected to offer analysis on the legality.

Meanwhile : The federal judge in Washington who ordered former White House counsel Don McGahn to comply with a congressional subpoena will not put that ruling on hold while it’s appealed.

aftershocks

As my grandma used to say - some people like a greased pig cant be caught. They slide right out.
He ain't slidin' out no shit of his own making forever, especially not when he finally gets to meet his maker! The only place he'll have the not-so-fun option of slip-sliding out of trouble and into at that point, will be the jaws of hell, no doubt! :EVILLE:

Also, change 'people' to 'assholes,' and your grandma is spot-on! ;)

Last edited:

aftershocks

Without even reading this yet, I'm with most of the responsible, knowledgeable and thought-provoking commentators regarding Repubs simply being cowardly, scared of Trump and deplorables, and still unable to figure out what hit them during the 2016 election campaign. They are all hoist by their own petard, and by their lousy, 'follow the deplorables' bullshit, instead of scraping up enough courage to actually show even a hint of moral leadership.

In one of my earlier links, I believe it was Jon Meacham who said Repubs need to think about what history and their own children and grandchildren will think of them and say about them, instead of falling prey to self-interested, self-pitying weak-kneed enabling because of Trump's cruel bullying and the utter stupidity and bigotry of most deplorables.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 12, Guests: 10)