Nancy Pelosi Announces Impeachment Inquiry

MacMadame

Cat Lady-in-Training
My Trump friends, who really have no defense against what's happening, have reverted back to "BUT BENGHAZI" and/or randomly posting memes against Pelosi/Schiff.

Oh, and also, Trump was sent by God. To save us. It's not just Rick Perry. :wall:
On my Congressman's FB page, their rants are somewhat incoherent. But mostly about how Schiff is a liar and should be in jail. Or something.

Sparks

BREAKING: The Judiciary Committee has announced its first impeachment hearing for next week, on Wednesday, on the formal definition of high crimes and misdemeanors. Trump and his lawyers are invited to attend.

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
Others may not agree, but to me she is fair game:

First lady Melania Trump was met with thunderous boos as she took the stage at the University of Maryland, Baltimore on Tuesday to give a speech at a youth opioid awareness event.

Videos of the B’More Youth Summit show a speaker introducing Trump before the crowd, largely made up of middle and high school students, immediately begins to loudly boo her. The first lady can be seen smiling and waving to the audience as the boos continue.

Reuven

Official FSU Alte Kacher

First lady Melania Trump was met with thunderous boos as she took the stage at the University of Maryland, Baltimore on Tuesday to give a speech at a youth opioid awareness event.

Videos of the B’More Youth Summit show a speaker introducing Trump before the crowd, largely made up of middle and high school students, immediately begins to loudly boo her. The first lady can be seen smiling and waving to the audience as the boos continue.
She is a birther. 'Nuff said.

Choupette

I really don’t care. Do U? :EVILLE:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, Three A's, T&M, P&C

It makes me sick to see her as our First Lady.

Vash01

Chris Kuomo on CNN showed tonight the dates/sequence of the Ukraine scandal. Trump blocked the military aid to Ukraine. Then he discovered the whistle blower report. Two days later he released the aid. I hope Schiff et al. are listening. They are planning to work on the impeachment report during the Thanksgiving break, but they are still open to more witness testimonies. Not sure how that can be managed. I want them to be swift but I also want them to get more information from key witnesses like Bolton, McVaney, McGahn, etc. (not that they are going to say much).

caseyedwards

The polls are what they are. The problem is so much in framing. It’s far too much about Ukraine. Everything needs do be about the trump campaign and their Biden strategy so all planning documents of trump campaign need to be subpoenaed. The whole state department part needs to end. Hill, Vindman, yavonovich testimony? Disasters

Japanfan

ITA.
To be fair, when she married Donald Trump, she was looking for wealth and status - perhaps she even loves the dude. :confused: I don't think she becoming First Lady was something she thought of at all, and TBH, I don't think she is comfortable in the role. That is why she isn't playing the role as gracefully as other FLs have, and perhaps why she lives away from the WH.

I guess she figures she will continue to go about her 'work' no matter what. It may give her a sense of value and purpose, which isn't a bad thing.

And she has certainly learned how to plaster a smile on her face.

Vash01

Somebody must have written the speech for her and she read it like a parrot repeating words.

demetriosj

That's terrible. So rude. She was there to give a speech on the opioid crisis, for God's sake. Not to push policy etc. Bunch of brats. These kids have no respect and must be learning this from their parents.

mag

That's terrible. So rude. She was there to give a speech on the opioid crisis, for God's sake. Not to push policy etc. Bunch of brats. These kids have no respect and must be learning this from their parents.
Except that her husband’s own policies have made it much, much more difficult for those who are living the opioid crisis to get help. Her husband attacked the long time representative from the Baltimore area who recently died. Her husband referred to Baltimore as rat infested among other things. So is it okay for Trump to say and do the things he has to Baltimore, some of which have real life and death consequences for the people who live there? Seems to me a little booing is a pretty harmless thing in comparison.

Whoever thought it was a good idea for Melania to go to Baltimore should be fired. They set her up to fail, and while I have no sympathy for her (she is an adult with free will and a huge amount of privilege) I don’t believe she is thoughtful enough, nor has she demonstrated any critical thinking skills, to lead me to believe she knew what she was getting into.

once_upon

New condo owner
I know a lot of people feel "sick" and "disgust" because of her past as a semi or mostly nude photo model long before she married Trump. Or that she is married to that man, making assumptions she was a gold digger. FWIW I think she is not exactly beautiful to my standards, but striking. Whatever her reasons for marrying the man despite his behavior towards women are/were,, we don't know. I assume it is possible that even people like Trump are loved by their spouses. Even knowing their flaws.

I think she really doesn't want to be First Lady and is by default. I don't think she is comfortable in the role or has really found a platform that generally speaks to anyone even Trump supporters.

I believe her beliefs and actions are influenced solely by Trump, I don't think she has many independent thoughts or views. It's possible that she does, but I don't think so. I'm entitled to my opinion

Freedom of speech is one of our rights in the US. If kids boo her, it is their right.

Zemgirl

I know a lot of people feel "sick" and "disgust" because of her past as a semi or mostly nude photo model long before she married Trump. Or that she is married to that man, making assumptions she was a gold digger.
I have no problem with Melania Trump having been a model or taken semi-nude pictures. I don't care if she married Trump for money or for any other reasons. She doesn't seem as vile as he is, and has wisely kept their son out of the spotlight; good on her.

I do mind that she supported the birther conspiracy about Obama, and that when Julia Ioffe profiled her family(the Knavs) and was targeted with truly vile antisemitic abuse afterwards, Melania's response was that Ioffe provoked it. For someone whose message is "be best" and who talks about anti-bullying efforts... well.

I don't think she deserves to be booed because of her husband's actions. But I can also understand how students would have a hard time separating her from the president, who had all this to say about their city:
“very dangerous,” a “filthy place,” a “corrupt mess,” “disgusting,” “the Worst in the USA” and a place where “no human being would want to live.”

once_upon

New condo owner
But I don't think those are independent thoughts. She is repeating what she has been taught/told by Trump.
Yes they are vile and yes she is accountable for them, but I think she is like a typical Trump supporter parroting back what he says.

Zemgirl

But I don't think those are independent thoughts. She is repeating what she has been taught/told by Trump.
Yes they are vile and yes she is accountable for them, but I think she is like a typical Trump supporter parroting back what he says.
I believe that the business with Ioffe was all her. And Melania is not an idiot; she may not be particularly articulate in her second (third? fourth?) language, but she is capable of thinking for herself.

Whoever set up this event failed her. I am sure the same message would have gone over much better in a Trump-friendly district.

Anyway, it's not impeachment related, so I'll stop here.

Vagabond

Freedom of speech is one of our rights in the US. If kids boo her, it is their right.
Indeed, and nothing obligated her to make the appearance.

I think it I had been in that audience, I would have greeted Mrs. Trump with stony silence. It isn't at all clear that her husband's Administration has accomplished much of anything in dealing with the opioid crisis, and that was why she was making the speech in the first place.

demetriosj

Except that her husband’s own policies have made it much, much more difficult for those who are living the opioid crisis to get help.
WTF? He's trying to stop the poison from coming in at the border, at the source. The Left is fighting him tooth and nail over the border.

once_upon

New condo owner
WTF? He's trying to stop the poison from coming in at the border, at the source. The Left is fighting him tooth and nail over the border.
Opiods are not from the border. They are an American pharmaceutical problem. Which was known by big pharma when they pushed them out to doctors as the miracle drug for pain. Knowing that addiction was a real problem.

Zemgirl

Opiods are not from the border. They are an American pharmaceutical problem. Which was known by big pharma when they pushed them out to doctors as the miracle drug for pain. Knowing that addiction was a real problem.
It appears that demetriosj is partially correct. Certainly the pharmaceutical industry in the US deserves a large portion of the blame, and there are also structural issues related to your health system. But it is also true that a lot of heroin and fentanyl are trafficked from Mexico.

But Trump's only solution is the wall, and I am sure that the cartels can get past any big, beautiful wall given enough of an incentive :bribe:

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
More from the soon to be released Justice Department Inspector General's report into the Russia investigation:

The Justice Department’s inspector general found no evidence that the F.B.I. attempted to place undercover agents or informants inside Donald J. Trump’s campaign in 2016 as agents investigated whether his associates conspired with Russia's election interference operation, people familiar with a draft of the inspector general’s report said.

The determination by the inspector general, Michael E. Horowitz, is expected to be a key finding in his highly anticipated report due out on Dec. 9 examining aspects of the Russia investigation. The finding also contradicts some of the most inflammatory accusations hurled by Mr. Trump and his supporters, who alleged not only that F.B.I. officials spied on the Trump campaign but also at one point that former President Barack Obama had ordered Mr. Trump’s phones tapped. The startling accusation generated headlines but Mr. Trump never backed it up.
Russia Inquiry Review Is Expected to Undercut Trump Claim of F.B.I. Spying (NY Times)

caseyedwards

That’s surprising. Because how else does one explain Stephen Halper? I see now that they just totally narrowly extrmemely narrowly defined spying and how it’s ONLY basically cia sending someone overseas I guess

Zemgirl

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
It appears that demetriosj is partially correct. Certainly the pharmaceutical industry in the US deserves a large portion of the blame, and there are also structural issues related to your health system. But it is also true that a lot of heroin and fentanyl are trafficked from Mexico.

But Trump's only solution is the wall, and I am sure that the cartels can get past any big, beautiful wall given enough of an incentive :bribe:
Just use planes. Or carrier pigeons. Or train lots of ants to do so many small delivers they won't be noticed. One piece of cocaine at a time.

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
Look, their behaviour notwithstanding, I'd be careful about throwing stones from that glass perch, bud. There's plenty o' garbage actions from audiences on the Republican/Trump side to go around.

If he was serious, he'd crack down on the pharmaceutical companies who seem to have a firm hand in causing a lot of addictions which often lead to drugs. Origins varied, but certainly inclusive of the Mexican border.

It surprises me that (ostensibly) free-market economists such as Trump and other republicans don't work harder at devaluing drugs. Nothing gets rid of supply like working on demand. But instead it's all walls and war and guns and seemingly ineffective agencies fighting "bad hombres."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 17, Guests: 10)