Thank you, I thought I was the only one who loathes the k.d lang verision of Hallejulah.The k.d. lang version of Hallelujah. I love the song but I can’t stand her overwrought wailing.
Bolero (I've never felt it works for a singles program, because the music is one big continuous crescendo to the powerful climax, and singles skaters don't don't save their biggest moves for the last minute of their programs)
this thread make me wonder:
how hard would it be for a federation to hire a music researcher and a professional mixer to put together a list of interesting options, with temporary music mixes, for skaters to consider? A music researcher and mixer are far better placed to discover or rediscover some forgotten or less-used musical gems. Ballets, soundtracks, pop songs, covers.
Then coaches and skaters could get inspired, choose something off the list, and then get to work on their music and choreography?
It seems like every coach and skater is pulling from the same well of recent, re-used music.
Jesus Christ SuperstarHere's my list, so let's spread the hate:
- "Feeling Good" makes me lose all the will to live and to actually feel good.
- "Rooooxaaaaaaaanne" in all its versions + the rest of the Moulin Rouge soundtrack.
- "Blues for Klook"
- All the emo covers of decent songs out there
- Every single ABBA/Beatles/Stones/Michael Jackson/Amy Winehouse cover apart from the "Across the Universe"-movie one of "Let it Be"
- The horrible "Carmen" version that was brought to us by Gabrielle Daleman and Kanako Murakami before that
- Coldplay must be destroyed
- The same goes for Muse
- "Time to say Goodbye"
- "The Greatest Showman"...I've reeeeeaaaaallly haaaaaaaad enoooooouuuuuuuuugh!
- "Les Misérables" succeeds in making me feel miserable every single time.
- "Aranjuez" in all its versions. Thank God we haven't heard it in a longer time.
I might come up with more, but these I really loathe with a passion.