Moderna reports ‘positive’ data on early-stage C-19 vaccine trial,

Theoreticalgirl

your faves are problematic
I saw this and was really hopeful! I am NOT a scientist (of this sort) but I can read a study, and my only cause for concern is that the study is REALLY small. Only 8 healthy patients that showed levels of antibody production that should be protective against *********-19. I hope they can extrapolate this study to a larger one and have similar, more significant findings.

Yazmeen

Shake it then, shake it now, shake it forever
I saw this and was really hopeful! I am NOT a scientist (of this sort) but I can read a study, and my only cause for concern is that the study is REALLY small. Only 8 healthy patients that showed levels of antibody production that should be protective against *********-19. I hope they can extrapolate this study to a larger one and have similar, more significant findings.

They will now move on to the next phase, incorporating a larger patient sample. With continued good results, we could see initial use by the end of the year or early next year. However, that timeline is not guaranteed.

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap

It is small but it is exactly the size it is supposed to be at this time. Usually studies like this aren’t done with the whole world watching and holding their breath, which is the hard part. The number 1 goal of a phase 1 study is just to show that the vaccine is safe to administer to a larger group and that it produces an immune response. You need a larger sample size to show it is protective against the *****, but here they are just showing that it causes the body to make antibodies, which it appears to do. But the biggest thing is just to look for adverse reactions which is why they didn’t test their entire sample for the immune response.

Cachoo

Great beginning and a long way to go but fingers crossed for the upcoming testing hurdles....

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information