Michelle Kwan (Threads Merged)

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
On the now defunct (?) gymnastics board GGMB, there was a wonderful poster named Krispy who worked as a free lance broadcast emcee type of person. She was at some event with MK and they had a long talk about DWTS. She says MK told her that she didn't ever see DWTS being a possibility for her because of her injuries. I think this was around 2007ish.

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
On the now defunct (?) gymnastics board GGMB, there was a wonderful poster named Krispy who worked as a free lance broadcast emcee type of person. She was at some event with MK and they had a long talk about DWTS. She says MK told her that she didn't ever see DWTS being a possibility for her because of her injuries. I think this was around 2007ish.

I think defunct is about right, it's good if you want some bitchy-with-no-boundaries-ego in your life though. Gymnastics is also pretty defunct in general, pretty much forever, unless it's NCAA. C'est la vie

I think Michelle and DWTS would feel weird for some reason, but I'll admit if she were on it I'd be watching like a hawk. :watch: She's too good for that show though IMO. It'd be cool if we had one of those skating shows come back again (with Michelle as a judge/guest performer). Or skip the skating show entirely, and Michelle can sometimes be a guest performer.

Last edited:

livetoskate

Let's hear it "One More Time" for the beauty that Michelle Kwan brought to skating :glamor:

https://youtu.be/r47As6uFqds
https://youtube.com/watch?v=7FehcN5tiuo

Always so connected with her music, never rushing her movements, very smooth and musical skating. :swoon: You just don't see this level of detail, polish, and taste very much anymore IMO.
Thank you for sharing the link. I don't even remember seeing that program of Michelle's. Does anyone do those split falling leaf jumps anymore? Such grace and polish! Takes me back to the days when I used to record most skating competitions. :)

DreamSkates

2 posters of Michelle Kwan are looking for a good home. One was printed in 2006, another in 2007. Both are Maxis ads (tires, so yes a picture of tires are in each photo but don't intrude on her image). They have been kept in their original mailing tubes and never hung. They are in perfect condition. One is Michelle doing a spiral (her dress is purple/pink) and in the other she is posing with her Fields of Gold gold dress. Message me if interested. I will be glad to give them to someone who will keep and not resell them.

Vagabond

There's a new and active Sasha Cohen thread in GSD, but this thread is languishing on the third page of The Trash Can? :wideeyes: :drama:

Why?!

Sylvia

TBD
She has an upcoming public appearance as an Olympian panelist at the KPMG Women’s Leadership Summit to be held during the 2017 KPMG Women’s PGA (golf) Championship, June 26-July 2, 2017, and the summit will be live streamed
Achieving The Dream - 2017 KPMG Women's Leadership Summit
Published on Jul 1, 2017 - Distinguished U.S. Olympians Lindsey Vonn, Michelle Kwan and Angela Ruggiero join NBC's Michele Tafoya at the 2017 KPMG Women's Leadership Summit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAsrWYPCvBE

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
I have to object to Lindsey Vonn being referred to as a distinguished Olympian. Famous, yes; distinguished, no. :shuffle:

bardtoob

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information