Memes and humor to lift your spirits up

Susan1

That would be a good lesson for people if it didn't have the "f" word all through it. That makes it sound more like this is all a joke.

I've read all of my Little House books several times around Christmas, and I could never read that one (real one) if we were expecting snow. I always felt like I was going to be trapped and starve to death. Then I would eat and drive somewhere to get the thought out of my head.

Susan1

Double post, but it needed a separate one.

Santa and Mrs. Claus drove all over Miamisburg last night in a sleigh pulled by a pick-up truck with music playing. People were posting pictures and videos of sightings on the chat group. It made me cry. Group things are not shareable, or I would. There was even a sighting on the main street my street is off of.

We're not "the big city" or a rural town, so it was neat that they made it into some subdivisions. I'm a couple miles from downtown.
They couldn’t have the real Christmas parade or stuff downtown. They posted a video of the tree lighting a couple weeks ago. The last few years it’s been a children’s parade during the day. Before that it was in the evening and everything had lights on it. Even the band members had Christmas lights on their ornaments and hats and stuff. Oh well.

Susan1

Santa and Mrs. Claus drove all over Miamisburg last night in a sleigh pulled by a pick-up truck with music playing. People were posting pictures and videos of sightings on the chat group. It made me cry. Group things are not shareable, or I would. There was even a sighting on the main street my street is off of.

We're not "the big city" or a rural town, so it was neat that they made it into some subdivisions. I'm a couple miles from downtown.
They couldn’t have the real Christmas parade or stuff downtown. They posted a video of the tree lighting a couple weeks ago. The last few years it’s been a children’s parade during the day. Before that it was in the evening and everything had lights on it. Even the band members had Christmas lights on their ornaments and hats and stuff. Oh well.
Not sure if this will work. Map of where Santa and Mrs. Claus went Sunday night -

So impressed that they did that.

million$momma

I live in a small town and there was a 'Santa Cruise' this year. Santa hit most of the streets in town and kids were able to wave to him from their own lawns/driveways. It was a hit for the kiddos and the parents loved not having to fight for a good viewing spot along the curb downtown.

Susan1

They had another thing. People were posting videos in the city group as they went by. Really, just car after car after car, lights and sirens. (And then of course people were posting in the group separately at the same time - what are all the sirens and lights, something bad must be happening. Read first, ask questions later.)

They didn't get close enough here for me to hear. Plus it's raining. I don't know which local news to try to catch it on.

Susan1

They had another thing. People were posting videos in the city group as they went by. Really, just car after car after car, lights and sirens. (And then of course people were posting in the group separately at the same time - what are all the sirens and lights, something bad must be happening. Read first, ask questions later.)

They didn't get close enough here for me to hear. Plus it's raining. I don't know which local news to try to catch it on.
I don't know how this is going to work (as usual). If it doesn't, I can use the actual FB link.

The video is absolutely amazing. The pictures on the news sites are just on the ground showing the same group of cars. This one is from the sky and he backs it up and you can see more and more lights coming. It's even better because they are driving along the river, and all the dark in the bottom foreground makes the lights stand out even more. I don't know who he is, but he should receive some kind of award.

Susan1

Just a funny thing - the Weather channel banner said "storms slam Rockies into plains". I picture cartoon mountains being pushed over onto Kansas and Nebraska. They need room for more identifiers or something.

Susan1

People have been posting pictures of this head going through town since yesterday. Here's the story. I was told to copy it from his personal page since you can't copy from groups.

Direct link -

Miamisburg - home of emus, chickens crossing the road, (unfortunately) coyote sightings and now Giant Heads.

We also had a 2004 graduate of Miamisburg High School on Jeopardy! Thursday. She didn't win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information