Memes and humor to lift your spirits up

Dobre

From facebook:

Let me say this again: 2020 has no rules.

Put. That. Christmas. Tree. Up. If. You. Want. To.

We've been in 2020 for 6 years now. It won't hurt anything.

Susan1

From FB -
(Don't be drinking anything when you open this. I had water in my mouth and had to turn my head and spit it out on the carpet so I wouldn't choke. Just struck me so funny. Stress relief.)

Susan1

Saw this on FB, so looked for a website -
me - "knocked off by Miley Cyrus in a dark alley"

Susan1

not memes - REAL pictures -
"Is anybody missing an Emu!? I'm located out on S. Union."
https://tinyurl.com/y3fplu9y
one commenters said "I would poop my pants if I walked out and saw that". Yeah.

my friend in Australia -
"a very roo-tiful day"

She posted a picture she took of a roo on the beach a few years ago. I've used that for my computer wallpaper.

And all I saw was an eagle a couple weeks ago!

Susan1

Was it a bald eagle? We have one living along the creekbed right now.
You missed my posts? Yep, swooping around over the Walgreen's parking lot. It was amazing. Of course I don't have a picture. There's a nest in Carillon Park in Dayton, about 10 miles from here. They have an egg watch every year. People here have seen them in different places. My first time. I haven't seen any kangaroos or emus though (except at the zoo). I saw a fox once, on the way to work. Everybody that came into our department past my desk, the first thing I said was "I saw a fox". My boss said they saw them at the NCR Country Club golf course all the time. Well, fine. My fox was walking down the sidewalk by the Marriott. :)

Susan1

not memes - REAL pictures -
"Is anybody missing an Emu!? I'm located out on S. Union."
https://tinyurl.com/y3fplu9y
one commenters said "I would poop my pants if I walked out and saw that". Yeah.
Post this morning (I didn't include the pictures here)
(not exactly funny for the emu - just emu update from an hour ago) -
"Who's missing an emu? It’s at Meyer park. My husband is trying to keep the coyotes from getting to it. The police, Ohio fish and game, and Ohio wildlife people won’t help.
ETA- got the police to show up!
Update- some guy came with feed and a truck! He looks like he know what’s up.
Update 2 - Emu is in a trailer... maybe. I think Jeff’s?
Update 3- he ran away" One comment underneath "If 2020 wasn't weird enough."

I'll keep checking for more updates. I'm glad it's not close to me.

Last edited:

Susan1

Post this morning (I didn't include the pictures here)
(not exactly funny for the emu - just emu update from an hour ago) -
"Who's missing an emu? It’s at Meyer park. My husband is trying to keep the coyotes from getting to it. The police, Ohio fish and game, and Ohio wildlife people won’t help.
ETA- got the police to show up!
Update- some guy came with feed and a truck! He looks like he know what’s up.
Update 2 - Emu is in a trailer... maybe. I think Jeff’s?
Update 3- he ran away" One comment underneath "If 2020 wasn't weird enough."

I'll keep checking for more updates. I'm glad it's not close to me.
3 p.m. - still loose -
some good comments -
"Wtf is going on in this crazy ass town?"

"I think someone up on union might raise them. I had a student late to class because they were stuck behind the emus in the road. One of my favorite “late to class” excuses ever!"

"The police have him cornered ...it’s comical but they are doing a great job. They're trying to keep him in the park I would assume to keep it safe. I’m going to guess it’s not something you can just throw a leash on." (me - I hope somebody is filming this and posts it. It might win on Americas Funniest Videos.)

In the last 2 weeks, I reported the bald eagle over Walgreen's, somebody else reported coyotes and now we have emus running amok in Miamisburg. Lions and tigers and bears - oh my!

Susan1

3 p.m. - still loose -
some good comments -
"Wtf is going on in this crazy ass town?"

"I think someone up on union might raise them. I had a student late to class because they were stuck behind the emus in the road. One of my favorite “late to class” excuses ever!"

"The police have him cornered ...it’s comical but they are doing a great job. They're trying to keep him in the park I would assume to keep it safe. I’m going to guess it’s not something you can just throw a leash on." (me - I hope somebody is filming this and posts it. It might win on Americas Funniest Videos.)

In the last 2 weeks, I reported the bald eagle over Walgreen's, somebody else reported coyotes and now we have emus running amok in Miamisburg. Lions and tigers and bears - oh my!
I forgot - he was caught yesterday. Today she posted - "he actually loaded up like he was ready to come home. Poor guy was tired of the adventure. Hopefully that will be his last! Bout gave me a heart attack.... we reported him to the police... and they put out a BOLO ... dispatch was laughing hysterically
🙂
all’s well that ends well I guess!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information