Memes and humor to lift your spirits up

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
A bit of Turkish humor

cholla

High ground loner
Not a meme, but some humor from a Brit living (hence confined) on French soil ;) (From a FB page about dogs in the Chamonix valley)

"I interrupt the *********-19 ********* to bring you my latest episode.......
Last night I went to the supermarket to buy a bag of food for my dogs.
Already in line, a woman behind me asked me if I had a dog.
I stared at her (those who know me will imagine my gaze 😳) ... but then why would I be buying dog food...right? 😝
So on impulse I told her no, that I didn’t have a dog, that I was starting the dog food diet again, and that I probably shouldn't because I ended up in the hospital the last time, but i did weigh 4 kilos less!
I told her that it was the perfect diet and that all you had to do is carry a few biscuits in your pocket and eat one or two every time you feel hungry (I have to mention that practically everyone in line was interested in my story).
Frightened, the woman asks me if I ended up in the hospital because the dog food had poisoned me. I answered...of course not!
I was admitted because I bent down to sniff the bum of a German Shepherd and I was hit by a truck.
I thought the man behind her was going to have a heart attack...he was laughing so hard!"

Last edited:

Aceon6

Isolating from mean people
I guess this is a lift your spirits thing. A chef just posted “Don’t worry about restaurants closing forever. Passionate chefs and cooks HAVE to cook for other people.“

skatingguy

Golden Team

SHARPIE

Administrator
Staff member
My husband delivers home shopping for a major supermarket here. Yesterday, he delivered to a nice guy who was self isolating and spoke to him from his upstairs window. He said, “No problem mate, but as I can’t tell if you’re of age from here, I’ll just take the wine and beer away shall I?” :lol:

MsZem

Not humor, but I am sure we can all enjoy these penguins touring an aquarium and visiting with their neighbors. No social distancing for the penguins!
And more here:

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
Not humor, but I am sure we can all enjoy these penguins touring an aquarium and visiting with their neighbors. No social distancing for the penguins!
And more here:
Oh yes I have seen those, it truly looks like they are visiting the place too.

Funny one too

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
Ikea is temporarily shutting down...

Which is bad as I was really hoping to spend this quarantine by assembling furniture 70% of the way, realizing something was backwards, taking it apart, then starting over. Guess I'll have to clean my house instead!

once_upon

Voter
One of my pastors (male) posted this, this morning.
We will still be having school, i"m Miss Brenda for now
3 year old: ok Miss Brenda can I go downsta6?

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger (she/her)
Staff member
Not a meme, but did anyone see the Cuomo brothers fighting about who was Mom and Dad's favorite on tv? LOLOLOLOL

DreamSkates

Reactions: JJH

ChelleC

Not a meme, but you guys have to see the video Jason Brown posted today.

Dave of the North

A Mark Twain quote on the dangers of data extrapolation:

In the space of one hundred and seventy-six years the Lower Mississippi has shortened itself two hundred and forty-two miles. That is an average of a trifle over one mile and a third per year.
Therefore, any calm person, who is not blind or idiotic, can see that in the Old Oolitic Silurian Period, just a million years ago next November, the Lower Mississippi River was upwards of one million three hundred thousand miles long, and stuck out over the Gulf of Mexico like a fishing-rod.
And by the same token any person can see that seven hundred and forty-two years from now the Lower Mississippi will be only a mile and three-quarters long, and Cairo and New Orleans will have joined their streets together, and be plodding comfortably along under a single mayor and a mutual board of aldermen.
There is something fascinating about science. One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of fact.
- Life on the Mississippi

http://www.twainquotes.com/Conjecture.html

Maofan7

It’s very difficult to legislate against stupidity. It’s even more difficult when the president of the United States is himself evidently suffering from a condition that can only be described as paranoid stupidity

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information