Mass shooting in Colorado grocery store

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
There was another potential incident at a grocery store in Atlanta today but the man was detained by police:
Just two days after a mass shooting left 10 people dead at a Colorado supermarket, Atlanta police arrested a 22-year-old man who walked into a Publix at Atlantic Station with five guns and body armor.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Has anyone else seen these people who claim to be "2nd Amendment Auditors"?

It was on a documentary the other night on SBS Australia that just happened to be on while doing some other stuff. These guys are nuts. I think the article the guy is referring to was in the documentary. Also a Google search will bring a bunch of Youtube clips around this as well.

These are the people who you are fighting against in getting stronger gun laws. They are not rational nor have any concern about other people.

Problem is they are well organised, motivated and get out and vote. Which is what John Oliver said a few years ago on his show when he did an item after another mass shooting.

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
There was another potential incident at a grocery store in Atlanta today but the man was detained by police:
Why is it even legal for non army and non police people to purchase or wear body armor?

The second amendment protects guns, not body armor, so such a ban would be legal.

LilJen

Reaching out with my hand sensitively
The shooter was apparently Muslim but had lived most of his life in the US. It appears he had mental health issues.

I already saw someone on Facebook say that the guy was a terrorist because he was muslim. This going to be very convenient for the usual racists to justify their racism and totally ignore the gun issue.
Sadly as well, many will use this as an excuse to demonize those with mental illnesses. In reality, it is FAR more common for a mentally ill person to be victimized than to perpetrate violence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information