Mao Asada "PyeongChang Olympics is my goal"

antmanb

I'm glad that she's going to stick with it for the next Olympics, I just hope she has better programmes for the next couple of season because I really didn't like either her SP or her LP this year :(

MAXSwagg

I'm glad that she's going to stick with it for the next Olympics, I just hope she has better programmes for the next couple of season because I really didn't like either her SP or her LP this year :(

She needs to go back and stay with Tarasova.

J

Jeschke

For the training & choreography, yes. For the fashion advice & designs (chokers and creepy black globes), a resounding "NYET"!!!
2010 free was a masterpiece.
So dark.
Dress fitted this tune perfectly.
If the program would only have skated to its potential back there in Vancouver.

For me. This is still her best program ever. So 'hell yeah' give her MamaTat choreo and advices in all matters:TT1:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
2010 free was a masterpiece.
So dark.
Dress fitted this tune perfectly.
If the program would only have skated to its potential back there in Vancouver.

For me. This is still her best program ever. So 'hell yeah' give her MamaTat choreo and advices in all matters:TT1:

You're right. It *did* fit the dark overall tone. I just prefer a lighter Mao. To me, her masterpiece LP was the 2014 one, especially as skated in Sochi...that final footwork! Neither dark nor syrupy sweet. TAT was also responsible for that Rach Piano LP.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Great news. I hope she skates two great performances there - SP and LP

I think her biggest challenge may be making the Japanese Olympic team, with so many talented young ladies turning senior by then.

Last edited:

DreamSkates

I look forward to see what she will have to offer in her programs by the Olympic year and I hope one of the more mature ladies will win over the young jumpers.

Dobre

I've always been under the impression that Mao is happier at home. And I want her to be happy where she is living & training because I LOVE the idea of her continuing to compete and perform for all of us. (And I love her Madame Butterfly. She is just in an entirely different league from the rest of the competitive ladies field as a performer, for me). Magic.

MR-FAN

Kostner Softie
Love Sato, but I want her to switch coaches just because I feel he's given her all he can, and something needs to change to get her to reach the next step (whatever this next step is, technically or artistically). But yes, I don't think moving away from Japan will do her any good.

Also, I want her to get choreography from Pasquale, Shae-lynn, or Tom Dickson :smokin:

Cachoo

I would love to see Mao have a great Olympics---glad she is staying competitive.

nikjil

I've grown to really enjoy Mao, but if she truly wants to make the Japanese Olympic Team and be relevant, her problem is technical not artistic. She keeps placing herself out of medal contention by blowing the 3A in the short. She doesn't need it. If she could just find a reliable triple/triple to use the rest of her content would keep her in the running.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Just making it through the next two Japan Nationals will be a big deal for Mao. Nobody is a lock to be on a World or Olympic team. Just remember what happened to Fumie Suguri in 2010 (off the Vancouver Oly team).

Sylvia

TBD
This short article in English includes a 50-second clip of Asada speaking about her decision: http://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/AJ201604130055.html
“I’m strongly motivated to compete in the Olympic Games, the ultimate stage, for once more. I think it will be my final goal (as an athlete),” Asada, 25, said at the end of the promotional event for a product that she endorses [Airweave].

“I’m hoping to end my career with a smile, feeling content with my comeback and my life as a figure skater.”

WanderlustTO

Good for her. There is no one skating competitively that has the quality that she does. Whether it's a good day or a bad day, she's always a joy to watch. The sport is better for having Mao competing.

While I'm sure there's nothing she'd love more than to win OGM (nothing I'd love more, too!), watching her I get the sense that maturity-wise, she's at a place where she skating for herself not just chasing after a medal.

Sorry for going all fan-girl on everyone but I JUST LOVE MAO! :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information