Lu Chen's daughter steps into her mother's shoes

jenniferlyon

http://m.womenofchina.cn/womenofchina/xhtml1/news/newsmakers/1711/2589-1.htm

At the 2017 Asian Junior Figure Skating Challenge held in June in Beijing, seven-year-old Anastasia competed against candidates much older than her, and won the championship.

The little girl said she hopes that she will, like her mother, stand atop the podium as a world champion one day.

"Her father and I will be happy if she always harbors such a passion for the sport. Of course, we won't push her. It's a hard path to be a professional athlete. She must love it," said Chen.

The article has some nice photos.

aftershocks

Banned Member
And the Getty Images pics I posted above are from a year ago. So Anastasia is a year older in the article's pictures (linked by @jenniferlyon). But all of the pictures show a very young lady with a lot of poise, and such lovely, graceful positions, which I think is unusual for a skater of her age. However, it's in her genes apparently. LuLu is right, of course, that it's important for Anastasia to maintain a passion for competing in order to be able to continue in such a tough sport. Wishing Anastasia and her parents lots of good luck. :)

I wish there were videos available, but then again, I also think it's not a good idea to place a huge spotlight on a young skater too soon. Young promising skaters need the chance to slowly develop and come into their own on their own, without over-hype and over-expectations. It's cool that Anastasia has her wise and experienced parents to guide her.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information