Let's Talk Movies #35 – Sparrows and Panthers and Dinosaurs…Oh My!

Which Movies Might You See? (Multiple Votes Allowed)

• Feb. 16th - Black Panther – Action adventure with Chadwick Boseman, Michael B. Jordan and Lupita Nyo

Votes: 32 60.4%
  • March 2nd - Red Sparrow – Mystery thriller with Jennifer Lawrence, Joel Edgerton and Mary-Louise Pa

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • March 9th - A Wrinkle In Time – Adventure fantasy with Reese Witherspoon, Chris Pine and Oprah Winfr

Votes: 26 49.1%
  • March 16th - Tomb Raider – Action adventure with Alicia Vikander, Walton Goggins and Kristin Scott T

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • March 30th – Ready Player One – Sci-fi adventure with Tye Sheridan, Olivia Cooke and Simon Pegg

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • May 4th - Avengers: Infinity War – Adventure fantasy with nobody famous

Votes: 27 50.9%
  • May 18th - Deadpool 2 – Adventure comedy with Ryan Reynolds, Josh Brolin and T. J. Miller

Votes: 19 35.8%
  • May 25th - Solo: A Star Wars Story – Adventure fantsy with Alden Ehrenreich, Donald Glover and Woody

Votes: 27 50.9%
  • June 8th - Ocean's 8 – Action thriller with Sandra Bullock, Cate Blanchett and Anne Hathaway

Votes: 24 45.3%
  • June 22nd - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom – Action sci-fi with Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard and

Votes: 22 41.5%

• Total voters

PeterG

Well, you can stand by your opinion that Daniel Craig is an ugly horseface man, but I will simply have to disagree with you.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PeterG

AACTA Award predictions: Who should win and who will win?
https://www.flicks.com.au/features/aacta-award-predictions-who-should-win-and-who-will-win/

The Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Arts (AACTA) Awards will be on December 5th. Boy Erased is the most-known movie of those included here, with many awards predicted by this film critic to take home the award. The critic feels others are worthy of winning, each category has a "who should win" selection and a "who will win" section. Other famous names up for awards include Rooney Mara, Julia Ormond, Simon Baker and Bruce Beresford.

@Aussie Willy - Do you have any recommendations/thoughts in regards to the movies up for AACTA's this year?

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
@Aussie Willy - Do you have any recommendations/thoughts in regards to the movies up for AACTA's this year?
I have only seen Ladies in Black which I thoroughly enjoyed, was very well publicised and got good word of mouth. Haven't really seen any of the others. I have probably only heard of Breath and Boy Erased (which I do want to see). I have been a bit slack on keeping up with Aussie movies lately or they haven't had a release at my local cinema so I am not aware of them.

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
Well, you can stand by your opinion that Daniel Craig is an ugly horseface man, but I will simply have to disagree with you.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I have nothing against Daniel Craig, who is a striking man. I just don't think Hollywood has done well with interpreting Larsson's novels.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
Not watching much movies those days more into music. But with the Freddy Mercury's biopic and while watching Jeff Buckley's videos something hit me. There needs to be a biopic of this unbelievable singer with Timothée Chalamet playing him, the ressemblance is uncanny. That was my random post of the day :D

Japanfan

See, I liked the Swedish versions with Noomi Rapace. Not so much the Hollywood versions.

I liked them too. The Swedish versions had a mood and sense of authenticity similar that the American versions lacked - similar to the mood and sense of authenticity in the Wallender series.

But I don't really have a desire to watch them again, regardless of whether they are produced in Sweden or the US.

Last edited:

watchthis!!

Freak Show is a comedy about a gay high school student who has to attend a new school which is much more conservative than what he is used to. While he tries a bit to fit in, he realizes that's just not who he is, so instead tries to open the minds of all those around him. Which presents a lot of problems along the way, but he's not the type to give in. Alex Lawther is incredible as the lead character as is Abigail Breslin, playing quite a nasty student at the new school. In smaller roles are AnnaSophia Robb, Laverne Cox and Bette Midler.

Trailer for Freak Show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Akk6_ujVOkA

annie720

Just got back from seeing The Great Buster: A Celebration, a documentary about the life and career of comic great Buster Keaton. I laughed so much, enjoyed it thoroughly. The old clips are so funny, and it's amazing how good he was at all the stunts.

PeterG

This Gun For Hire (1942) stars Alan Ladd and Veronica Lake in this film noir crime drama. This one has been on my "To Post About" list for long enough that I had to watch a bunch of clips on youtube to remember what I thought about it. Which comes across the wrong way because as it's coming back to me, I remember liking it, but not quite enough to search out more Alan Ladd or Veronica Lake movies. Wikipedia says that this movie made a star out of the lead character (Alan Ladd) even though he had fourth billing in the movie. And rotten tomatoes rates this movie at 93% (and 7.5 at imdb.com).

Foolhardy Ham Lint

I would normally wait to see a movie on Discount Monday. But for once I splurged and saw Boy Erased last Thursday.

What a raw, moving, harrowing journey. I have seen some terrific movies this year, and this is at the top of my list.

I think it will earn Oscar nominations for best film, director, screenplay, actor, supporting actress and actor, and best song for Troye Sivan.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I would normally wait to see a movie on Discount Monday. But for once I splurged and saw Boy Erased last Thursday.

What a raw, moving, harrowing journey. I have seen some terrific movies this year, and this is at the top of my list.

I think it will earn Oscar nominations for best film, director, screenplay, actor, supporting actress and actor, and best song for Troye Sivan.

Boy Erased is at the top of my must see movies. It didn't fit into my schedule to see it at the film festival here. I am sure it will come to a theater near me.

watchthis!!

Trespass is a real guilty pleasure kind of movie. Nicole Kidman and Nicholas Cage play a wealthy couple whose home is broken into. They are held captive until a sufficient amount of cash is provided to the intruders. There's a lot to the whole story, but after a while it becomes one of those movies where they throw in anything and everything...including the kitchen sink. Still, the movie was fine to see thanks to the cast, which also includes Ben Mendelsohn and Cam Gigandet.

Trailer for Trespass: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rolBdc_mjs

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I went to the Scottsdale International film festival again. Saw the movie from Iceland - 'Woman at War'. Really liked it. A woman fights against an Aluminum smelter plant that would pollute the environment and add to climate change.

She has a unique way of fighting. She destroys the power lines and the police are after her. The way it is presented is very creative. It is funny at times. I won't tell more, in case you are planning to see this. I really enjoyed it. 9/10 (on imdb 7.6). Like last Ssturday we voted after the movie. I gave it 5 (highest).

ETA- another plus is - gorgeous scenes of the Icelandic landscape, although that is not the focus of the movie.
A band of musicians and three singers accompanies the main character throughout. A bit gimmicky, but it makes the movie a lot of fun, by adding another dimension.

If I didn't live so far (about 25 miles) from the theatre, I would have gone there tomorrow to see yet another foreign film. They had a really good selection of movies. I talked to a volunteer after the movie. She said they get lots of submissions. The board members see them all and make the selections for the festival. Tonight's movie was well attended, but last Saturday the attendance for 'Shoplifters' was low. They are showing it tomorrow and it is sold out. So I am happy that I saw it last weekend.

Now I am curious to see which movies won awards. Particularly the Audience award.

Last edited:

smurfy

I saw 'Black 47' - a thriller set in the time of the famine in Ireland. Great movie. The cinematography was excellent. It felt like it was filmed long ago. Great cast including Hugo Weaving, James Frecheville, Stephen Rea and Jim Broadbent. In many ways it is a 'western' - with men on horses and little dialogue. Fiction but showed aspects of the famine that I am not sure if some know about - the ruling class and their treatment of the Irish in order to break leases/evict people and the harvests of other produce that was exported to England while people were dying on the roads. There is a lot of violence. I felt transported to another time. Some of the dialogue felt modern, written from todays perspective. But I was so engrossed and the pace was good.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I saw the list of 87 countries that have submitted their nominations for Best foreign language films (I will post the link later, when I get on the computer).

Iceland has submitted 'Woman at war'- the movie I saw recently. I enjoyed that movie. It is quirky. There were many chuckles and laughters by the audience throughout. It seemed like an action comedy that is very smart, and deals with current issues (climate change). I hope it will make the list of final nominees for the 2019 Oscars. I read that sometime in December a list of first cut (9 or 11?) will be out.

watchthis!!

‘Won’t You Be My Neighbor?’ Wins Best Documentary Critics’ Choice Award
https://www.indiewire.com/2018/11/wont-you-be-my-neighbor-wins-best-documentary-critics-choice-award-1202019665/

The article's byline mentions Free Solo:

"Won't You Be My Neighbor?" and "Free Solo" continue to dominate the documentary awards field heading toward the Oscars.

Some other winners that have been mentioned here in the movie thread:

Best Political Documentary winner was RBG.

Best Music Documentary was Quincy (Netflix documentary about Quincy Jones).

Critics’ Choice Lifetime Achievement Award: Michael Moore.

VGThuy

So one of the frontrunners for the Oscar is Alfonso Cuaron's Roma. From Wikipedia, it is set in the early 1970s, the film is a semi-biographical take on Cuarón's upbringing in Mexico City, and follows the life of a middle class family and its live-in housekeeper. The title refers to the “Colonia Roma” district in Mexico City. Apparently, Yalitza Aparicio who plays the lead role of the housekeeper is a first-time actress, does not speak English, and was a 24-year-old school teacher when she was cast and is now getting amazing notices.

The official trailer was released today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BS27ngZtxg

Also, anyone with a Netflix account can watch the movie on December 14, 2018.

It's also Mexico's official selection for Best Foreign Language Film.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
So one of the frontrunners for the Oscar is Alfonso Cuaron's Roma. From Wikipedia, it is set in the early 1970s, the film is a semi-biographical take on Cuarón's upbringing in Mexico City, and follows the life of a middle class family and its live-in housekeeper. The title refers to the “Colonia Roma” district in Mexico City. Apparently, Yalitza Aparicio who plays the lead role of the housekeeper is a first-time actress, does not speak English, and was a 24-year-old school teacher when she was cast and is now getting amazing notices.

The official trailer was released today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BS27ngZtxg

Also, anyone with a Netflix account can watch the movie on December 14, 2018.

It's also Mexico's official selection for Best Foreign Language Film.

It was shown on the opening night of the Scottsdale International Film Festival. I found out too late about it and didn't get to see it.

Changing topic- Has anyone seen the movie 'Restoring tomorrow ' which came out in 2016? It has 100 on Rotten Tomatoes and 8.8 on imdb. It us running here so I am thinking of seeing it.

PeterG

Trailers For Movies Released 2018-11-16th
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuI4-fSHhipRlpIyjnv963UZvMDfW30eI

Nov. 16th - Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (Wide) – Adventure with Eddie Redmayne, Katherine Waterston, Ezra miller, Jude Law, Zoë Kravitz and Johnny Depp

Nov. 16th - Widows (Wide) – Crime drama with Viola Davis, Michelle Rodriguez, Jacki Weaver, Liam Neeson, Robert Duval and Colin Farrell

Nov. 16th - Instant Family (Wide) – Comedy drama with Mark Wahlberg, Rose Byrne, Octavia Spencer, Tig Notaro, Margo Martindale and Joan Cusack

Nov. 16th - Jonathan (Limited) – Sci-fi drama with Ansel Elgort, Patricia Clarkson, Suki Waterhouse and Matt Bomer

Nov. 16th - The Ballad of Buster Scruggs (Netflix - Oscar Qualifying Run) – Musical comedy drama with Liam Neeson, James Franco, Zoe Kazan, Brendan Gleeson, Tyne Daly, Tim Blake Nelson, Tom Waits

Nov. 16th - At Eternity’s Gate (Limited) – Drama with Willem Dafoe, Rupert Friend, Oscar Isaac, Vincent Perez and Mads Mikkelsen

Nov. 16th - Speed Kills (Limited) – Crime thriller with John Travolta, Matthew Modine, Jennifer Esposito [Blue Bloods], Kellan Lutz and Tom Sizemore

Nov. 16th - Stuck (Limited) – Musical with Giancarlo Esposito, Amy Madigan and Ashanti

Nov. 16th - Under the Wire (Limited) – Documentary. From imdb.com: “On 13 February 2012, two journalists entered war-ravaged Syria. Their aim was to cover the plight of Syrian civilians trapped in Homs, a city under siege and relentless military attack from the Syrian army. Only one of them returned. This is their story.”

Nov. 16th - The Clovehitch Killer (Limited) – Horror thriller with Dylan McDermott and Samantha Mathis

Nov. 16th - Mobile Homes (Limited) – Drama with Imogen Poots, Callum Turner (Fantastic Beasts) and Callum Keith Rennie

Nov. 16th - Welcome Home (Limited) – Thriller with Aaron Paul and Emily Ratajkowski [I Feel Pretty]

Nov. 16th - Team Khan (Limited) – Sports documentary. From imdb.com: “Fly-on-the-wall documentary about professional boxer Amir Khan. Filmed over two years, it follows Amir and his team in their quest to fight the best boxer on the planet, the unbeaten Floyd Mayweather Jr.”

Nov. 15th - Conundrum: Secrets Among Friends (Limited) – Thriller with a new cast. From imdb.com: “A story about longtime friends whom have known one another since college. When the group decides to take a weekend getaway, to a rented beach house in the Hamptons, all hell breaks loose when secrets among them, come to light.”

Nov. 13th - The Amityville Murders (Limited) – Horror with a new cast & Lainie Kazan and Burt Young

Nov. 15th - Jinn (Limited) – Drama with a new cast. From imdb.com: “Summer is a 17-year old carefree black girl, whose world is turned upside down when her mother, a popular meteorologist named Jade Jennings, abruptly converts to Islam and becomes a different person, prompting Summer to reevaluate her identity.”

Nov. 16th - The Princess Switch (Limited - Netflix Only ) – Romance with a new cast. From imdb.com: “One week before Christmas, the gorgeous Duchess of Montenaro, switches places with a "commoner" from Chicago. With the assistance of a magical Santa's helper, Margaret falls in love with Stacy's handsome co-worker, while Stacy falls in love with Margaret's fiance, the dashing Prince.”

Nov. 15th - Burn the Stage: The Movie (Limited) – Concert documentary. From imdb.com: “A documentary following the worldwide famous music group BTS, as they tour the world and share their experience along with their beloved band friends and fans.”

Nov. 16th - Heart, Baby (Limited) – Drama with a new cast. From imdb.com: “George and Doc, best friends from reform school to life in prison where George becomes an unbeatable prison boxer, with songwriter Doc as his cornerman. When George is offered freedom to fight in the 1984 Olympics he shocks everyone by turning it down, sending Doc on a journey to discover the true meaning of friendship, faith, and heart.”

Nov. 16th - The Last Race (Limited) – Sports documentary. From imdb.com: “…portrait of a small-town stock car racetrack and the tribe of blue-collar drivers that call it home, struggling to hold onto an American racing tradition as the world around them is transformed by globalization and commercialization.”

Nov. 16th - Anchor and Hope (Limited) – Romantic comedy drama from Spain. From imdb.com: “Two women, Eva and Kat, and the best friend of one of them, Roger. A boat in the canals of London and a question: Is it possible to live love, family, and life in such different ways and yet remain united?”

Nov. 15th - Ruben Brandt, Collector (Limited) – Animated crime drama from Hungary. From imdb.com: “A psychotherapist suffers violent nightmares inspired by legendary works of art. Four of his patients, expert thieves, offer to steal the works, since he believes that once he owns them, the nightmares will disappear. He becomes a wanted criminal know as "The Collector". Who will dare to catch him and his gang?”

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I saw 'The old man and the gun' today. It was pretty good and quite funny. Robert Redford is charming in his last screen performance (I believe he is retiring). I wish they had avoided his close ups though. At age 82 (he plays a character who is 70) it is a sad reality that even one of the handsomest persons eventually ages.

I am assuming that Sissy Spacek's character is fictional, but I could be wrong.

I like movies that are based on true stories, and this is an amazing story. It is like 'Catch me if you can' in a way but this actually happened. This is based on an article in the New York Times. It deserves an Oscar nomination for best adapted screenplay.

I thought the end needed more oomph. Instead of telling the story on the screen they could have enacted the scene.

Last edited:

watchthis!!

I enjoyed Red Sparrow much more than I expected. It seemed to get mixed reviews here on FSU, so I thought it would be just a so-so movie. The criticisms didn't seem warranted in my opinion. Jennifer Lawrence not having a ballet dancer's body didn't matter as that was such a tiny, tiny part of the movie. And I admire actors trying to do an accent. I think there was a movie about a group of people trying to murder Hitler and nobody tried an accent, so instead of German accents, there were British and American and maybe Australian accents throughout the movie. I'd prefer a bunch of bad Russian accents for a movie which is mainly about Russian characters. But then I'm not an expert on accents, so I wouldn't know if the accents were good or not! :lol: I found the story and the direction really good. And what a cast! Charlotte Rampling, Joel Edgerton, Matthias Schoenaerts, Ciaran Hinds, Mary-Louise Parker and Jeremy Irons! Well worth a viewing. :)

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I enjoyed Red Sparrow much more than I expected. It seemed to get mixed reviews here on FSU, so I thought it would be just a so-so movie. The criticisms didn't seem warranted in my opinion. Jennifer Lawrence not having a ballet dancer's body didn't matter as that was such a tiny, tiny part of the movie. And I admire actors trying to do an accent. I think there was a movie about a group of people trying to murder Hitler and nobody tried an accent, so instead of German accents, there were British and American and maybe Australian accents throughout the movie. I'd prefer a bunch of bad Russian accents for a movie which is mainly about Russian characters. But then I'm not an expert on accents, so I wouldn't know if the accents were good or not! :lol: I found the story and the direction really good. And what a cast! Charlotte Rampling, Joel Edgerton, Matthias Schoenaerts, Ciaran Hinds, Mary-Louise Parker and Jeremy Irons! Well worth a viewing. :)

I had more problem with her bad Russian accent than with her non-ballerina body. As you said the ballerina part was very small. I didn't think it was an awful movie- it kept me guessing- but I thought Jen Law was a bad choice to play that character. There was nothing Russian about her, other than the name of her character.

VGThuy

Independent Spirit Award nominees were announced just now:

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/11/2019-independent-spirit-awards-nominations-1202021241/

Best Feature
EIGHTH GRADE
FIRST REFORMED
IF BEALE STREET COULD TALK
LEAVE NO TRACE
YOU WERE NEVER REALLY HERE

Best Director
Debra Granik, LEAVE NO TRACE
Barry Jenkins, IF BEALE STREET COULD TALK
Tamara Jenkins, PRIVATE LIFE
Lynne Ramsay, YOU WERE NEVER REALLY HERE
Paul Schrader, FIRST REFORMED

Best First Feature
HEREDITARY
SORRY TO BOTHER YOU
THE TALE
WE THE ANIMALS
WILDLIFE

Best Female Lead
Glenn Close, THE WIFE
Toni Collette, HEREDITARY
Elsie Fisher, EIGHTH GRADE
Regina Hall, SUPPORT THE GIRLS
Helena Howard, MADELINE’S MADELINE
Carey Mulligan, WILDLIFE

Best Male Lead
John Cho, SEARCHING
Daveed Diggs, BLINDSPOTTING
Ethan Hawke, FIRST REFORMED
Christian Malheiros, SÓCRATES
Joaquin Phoenix, YOU WERE NEVER REALLY HERE

Best Supporting Female
Kayli Carter, PRIVATE LIFE
Tyne Daly, A BREAD FACTORY
Regina King, IF BEALE STREET COULD TALK
Thomasin Harcourt McKenzie, LEAVE NO TRACE
J. Smith-Cameron, NANCY

Best Supporting Male
Raúl Castillo, WE THE ANIMALS
Adam Driver, BLACKKKLANSMAN
Richard E. Grant, CAN YOU EVER FORGIVE ME?
Josh Hamilton, EIGHTH GRADE
John David Washington, MONSTERS AND MEN

Best Screenplay
Richard Glatzer (Writer/Story By), Rebecca Lenkiewicz & Wash Westmoreland, COLETTE
Nicole Holofcener & Jeff Whitty, CAN YOU EVER FORGIVE ME?
Tamara Jenkins, PRIVATE LIFE
Boots Riley, SORRY TO BOTHER YOU
Paul Schrader FIRST REFORMED

Best First Screenplay
Bo Burnham, EIGHTH GRADE
Christina Choe, NANCY
Cory Finley, THOROUGHBREDS
Jennifer Fox, THE TALE
Quinn Shephard (Writer/Story By) and Laurie Shephard (Story By), BLAME

Best Cinematography
Ashley Connor, MADELINE’S MADELINE
Diego Garcia, WILDLIFE
Benjamin Loeb, MANDY
Sayombhu Mukdeeprom, SUSPIRIA
Zak Mulligan, WE THE ANIMALS

Best Editing
Joe Bini, YOU WERE NEVER REALLY HERE
Keiko Deguchi, Brian A. Kates & Jeremiah Zagar, WE THE ANIMALS
Luke Dunkley, Nick Fenton, Chris Gill & Julian Hart, AMERICAN ANIMALS
Anne Fabini, Alex Hall and Gary Levy, THE TALE
Nick Houy, MID90S

John Cassavetes Award
A BREAD FACTORY
EN EL SÉPTIMO DÍA
NEVER GOIN’ BACK
SÓCRATES
THUNDER ROAD

Robert Altman Award
SUSPIRIA

Best Documentary
HALE COUNTY THIS MORNING, THIS EVENING
MINDING THE GAP
OF FATHERS AND SONS
ON HER SHOULDERS
SHIRKERS
WON’T YOU BE MY NEIGHBOR?

Best International Film
BURNING (South Korea)
THE FAVOURITE (United Kingdom)
HAPPY AS LAZZARO (Italy)
ROMA (Mexico)
SHOPLIFTERS (Japan)

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I saw 'Boy erased' today. Good movie about an important social issue. Well directed and acted. I was horrified by the fact that places like LIA - Love In Action- (gay conversion therapy centers) exist. I am not too surprised that some parents actually send their kids there for 'treatment'.

The movie is based on the real life story of Garard Conley ( his movie name is Jared Eamon). Nicole Kidman is very good as the loving mother. She does the southern woman mannerisms and accent well. Could get a supporting actress nomination. Russell Crowe is good as the loving but strict father, but he has a smaller role.Lukas Hedges is very good and will likely receive a best actor in a lead role Oscar nomination. Joel Edgerton does a good job as director and actor. He acts as the intimidating leader of the conversion therapy program.

The movie is touching, particularly the scenes between Kidman and Hedges. I like the fact that it deals with a social issue.

The only problem I have is the pacing. It is very slow in developing the story and the characters. It is subtle in its presentation and that may be the reason for a low 6.9/10 on imdb. I would place it between 8 and 9, may be closer to 9.

Last edited:

watchthis!!

Interesting that "We The Animals" got the most nominations (five), but not for any of the major awards (picture, director, actor or actress). Although with the acting categories, I wonder if they wanted to nominate bigger names? Seems to go against the independent nature of these awards. Plus the three leads in We The Animals are young boys, so maybe ageism came into play? Although I did see that Elsie Fisher was nominated for lead actress for her role in Eighth Grade.

Other movies nominated with three or more nominations:

Four nominations:

Eighth Grade

First Reformed (Ethan Hawke was one of this movie's four nominations, up for lead actor)

You Were Never Really Here (Joaquin Phoenix up for best actor)

Three nominations:

If Beale Street Could Talk (Regina King up for best supporting actress)

Leave No Trace (Thomasin McKenzie up for best supporting actress)

Private Life (which stars Paul Giamatti, Kathryn Hahn, Molly Shannon and Denis O'Hare....none of who were nominated, but newcomer Kayli Carter got a supporting actress nomination)

Sócrates (a drama from Brazil that I know nothing about)

The Tale (up for best first feature and best first screenplay, but no nominations for stars Laura Dern, Ellen Burstyn, Jason Ritter, Common, Frances Conroy or John Heard)

Wildlife (Carey Mulligan nominated for lead actress and Paul Dano nominated for best first feature)

The Wikipedia page for the 34th Independent Spirit Awards:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/34th_Independent_Spirit_Awards

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information