Let Us Now Praise Mark Hanretty

Carolla5501

One huge advantage Mark had over the US broadcast is the ISU sponsored him rather than a network with commercial sponsors or producers telling him to not have dead air. Sports broadcasters in the US are supposed to keep up a constant chatter. Ergo, the reason I watched the ISU feed on Peacock and not the NBC sports feed.
Really? I just watched the replay of the NBC broadcast of the free dance, Tanith made one small statement during Piper and Paul’s skate. Johnny and Tara would have talked nonstop because if they’re not telling you what they think and you aren’t watching. I don’t think it’s so much the direction you’re getting is a fact but Johnny and Tara can’t stand it if we don’t know every thought that enters their brain.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
My dream commentary team would be Mark and Tanith. I even tweeted about it and I never use twitter 😂

OMG, who do we have to talk to in order to make that team happen?!??! :swoon: :cheer:

Loved Mark so much this week. The only time I watched anything on NBC or NBCSN was on Saturday night to see the ladies (I had missed the final two flights due to getting vaccine shot #1 on Friday afternoon) and to watch the dance replay so I could hear what Tanith had to say about the event. Everything else I watched on Peacock and I have no regrets at all. Mark was fabulous! :D

Karen-W

I haven't watched any of the NBC/NBCSN broadcast except the men's FS last night (and really only paid close attention during Jason & the final 4 guys) . Honestly, I thought Johnny & Tara were pretty quiet for the most part during the skating. They were a bit on the chatty side during Mikhail's skate but not excessively so and they were downright quiet during Nathan and Yuma's skates. There was very little chatter from them until after the programs were finished and then we had a decent bit of analysis.

But, I really loved Mark's commentary. He was fantastic and I'm happy that the 'Cock used the ISU stream this time around.

Karen-W

Count me in as a new fan of Mark. I love that he didn’t tell me over and over that the number 13 was the magic number for the US to get 3 entries into the Olympics next year. 😀
If it's taken you until this year watching NBC broadcasts to learn that 13 is the magic number... just kidding ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information