Lea Michele: "I'm the Greatest Star"!! Beanie Feldstein: "Hold my beer."

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member

Beanie Feldstein to Star in ‘Funny Girl’ on Broadway​

I can't find much on YT with Beanie singing, but I am RELIEVED Lea did not get the coveted role. She bugs. And is not as talented as she thinks she is. Good for Beanie!

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...

Beanie Feldstein to Star in ‘Funny Girl’ on Broadway​

I can't find much on YT with Beanie singing, but I am RELIEVED Lea did not get the coveted role. She bugs. And is not as talented as she thinks she is. Good for Beanie!
I thought I was the only one that thought Lea was not that great.

Last edited:

VGThuy

I saw Beanie Feldstein on Broadway when she played Minnie Fay in Hello Dolly! And she was really excellent. Not only can she sing but she’s an even better dancer. I believe Feldstein will be able to sing in character and make the role her own more so than Lea Michele whose singing seems characterless most of the time with borrowed Streisandisms every time she does a Streisand cover.

Here’s her singing with Ben Platt, singing “It Takes Two” from Into the Woods:

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger (she/her)
Staff member
“The first time I played Fanny Brice was at my third birthday party, in a head-to-toe leopard print outfit my mom made for me,” Feldstein said in a statement. “So, it’s safe to say that stepping into this iconic role, on Broadway and not in my family’s backyard, is truly my lifelong dream come true.
:cheer2:

I don't have much of an opinion about Lea Michele, other than :eek: at just how many of her Glee costars have no problem saying she's awful to work with :yikes:, but I loooooved Booksmart and love this casting.

Cachoo

I think Beanie is funnier than Lea and can be serious as well. I hope she triumphs. Lea will have other opportunities.

my little pony

polishing Madison Hubbell's OGM
Beanie sang during the zoom birthday celebration for Sondheim last summer (that might not technically be the name) and I was surprised how good she sounded just sitting in her house

smurfy

I saw Beanie Feldstein on Broadway when she played Minnie Fay in Hello Dolly! And she was really excellent. Not only can she sing but she’s an even better dancer. I believe Feldstein will be able to sing in character and make the role her own more so than Lea Michele whose singing seems characterless most of the time with borrowed Streisandisms every time she does a Streisand cover.

Here’s her singing with Ben Platt, singing “It Takes Two” from Into the Woods:

I saw Beanie too in Hello Dolly and really enjoyed her. Bette Midler was fab and you could tell she just loved being on stage and her improvising was hilarious. When sitting with Horace having a meal, she threw some chcken wings or something into the orchestra pit smiling down at them.

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
For the sheer awfulness of it, you should Google/YouTube Pia Zadora's "Don't Rain on My Parade." :rofl:
I kind of didn't mind it!!! lol. She's been much more awful before.

I think with LeaM, she has just been WAY too thirsty for this role since forever. I remember her on the Tonys singing DROMP like 15 years ago. Her voice is okay, but it's just not a show stopper. I'm sure she deserved the lead in her high school musical, but to carry it on Broadway? Umm, no. Plus, she has not created a good reputation of someone who is nice to work with, to put it nicely. And at 35, she's probably too old for the role anyway.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

A few years back I saw a live-taped screening of Funny Girl starring Sheridan Smith. Her performance was outstanding, and she didn't make the mistake of trying to copy Barbra, either.

PatChan4O

Trying to imagine who they’ll cast as Nick (as written now, he hardly sings), Mrs. Brice, Eddie, Ziegfeld, etc.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information