Kanye West in Debt

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
I saw something on the news about he is asking Mark Zuckerberg for money on Twitter

agalisgv

Whoa his Twitter feed is....something.
You made me look:

1. 11:03 AM - 15 Feb 2016 KANYE WEST ‏@kanyewest 7h7 hours ago
    Also for anyone that has money they know the first rule is to use other people's money.

20,700 retweets27,975 likes

2. 11:03 AM - 15 Feb 2016 KANYE WEST ‏@kanyewest 7h7 hours ago
    If I spent my money on my ideas I could not afford to take care of my family. I am in a place that so many artist end up.

7,159 retweets17,379 likes

3. 11:03 AM - 15 Feb 2016 KANYE WEST ‏@kanyewest 7h7 hours ago
    but I need access to more money in order to bring more beautiful ideas to the world.

9,118 retweets18,031 likes

4. 11:02 AM - 15 Feb 2016 KANYE WEST ‏@kanyewest 7h7 hours ago
    Yes I am personally rich and I can buy furs and houses for my family

12,744 retweets22,726 likes

5. 11:02 AM - 15 Feb 2016 KANYE WEST ‏@kanyewest 7h7 hours ago
    I want to help the world and I need help to do it. I am an artist and I care about humanity.
His last tweet kinda says it all

aliceanne

Maybe his wife will give him a loan. Or he can hit up the in-laws.

What kind of spending habits do you have to have to run up that much debt when you have that much money?

Unpaid taxes? Manager or accountant embezzling instead of paying bills?

ETA: he now says he owes his music distributor $53 million - I guess his music isn't selling so well.

Last edited:

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
To be honest yes I have. I love "No church in the wild". But the guy is still a douche.

Why wasn't he at the Grammys? Couldn't afford something to make it onto Fashion Police?

danceronice

Corgi Wrangler
The Twitter is pure gold. He has to buy "furs and houses" for his family because, you know, one house isn't good enough, and Zuckerberg should give him money instead of building a school in Africa because what would REALLY help those African countries? (And then Pizza Hut UK starts trolling him...)

Jenny

From the Bloc
Indeed - if last year's earnings are anything to go by, he's the gold digger. According to Forbes, she made USD 53.5 million last year, and he's not even on the list (which "bottoms out" at under USD 30 million).

Rock2

If his Twitter rant is real, I actually worry about the guy.
If he's delusional to this level and obviously desperate that's a bad combination.

He doesn't have the objectivity -- or talent -- to generate the earning power he feels he deserves.
I won't get specific but worse case scenario is this could come to a head...and not in a good way.

Jenya

Southern Hemisphere
Marrying Kim was a double-edged sword. She put him on the map, but he's got to pay dearly for it. It wouldn't have been worth my while. That's for sure.

I think it's generally considered to be the opposite - that marrying Kanye "legitimized" Kim/her family as mainstream celebrities. Kanye certainly was famous/successful well before the Kardashians were around.

I read somewhere that he lost $30 million on his women's clothing line, which he was self-financing. If that's the case, it's a bit easier to see how he could have ended up in so much debt. For all people say about the Kardashians, I think they are generally very savvy when it comes to business and I would expect that Kim's money is well-protected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information